Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
As a Field Service Engineer, you will provide on-site support to customers (hospitals, R&D labs, clinics, etc.) that includes, but is not limited to: installation and service of diagnostic instrumentation, after-hours phone support, holiday and weekend on-site support, marketing, exhibitions, and clinical trials support.
As a representative of the company, it will be a standard to promote and maintain good customer relations through high standards of personal appearance, ethical behavior, maturity and good judgment. New hires can expect to spend six weeks in San Jose, CA to receive initial on-boarding, training, and acclimatization to the company. The company wants to make sure that you are provided a foundation for success – upon completion of training, you will be partnered with a senior field service engineer to provide additional OJT and mentorship as part of your development. If you value autonomy, this is a role that empowers you to take ownership of the position. Within your region, you can expect to be dispatched from home to reach client sites and essentially manage your territory in a way that provides an equitable work-life balance, stability, independence, and career development.
This is an opportunity that does not experience the cyclical turnover of other industries and so it is no surprise that so many compete to join the company’s ranks. You can expect to be challenged and afforded a lifelong learning opportunity within this industry as our client continues to pioneer medical discovery, diagnostics, and delivery of care.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Install and service instrumentation with minimum direct supervision, as requested, by the Service Center in accordance with current ISO (International Organization for Standardization) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) standards.
• Provide follow-up service by calling customers who have recently been provided service.
• Ensure service is complete and satisfactory to the customers' needs.
• Properly maintain car stock inventory, test equipment, tools, and technical data.
• Complete service documentation, as required, by the position function or requested by System Support Engineering Manager in accordance with current GMP requirements.
• Display maturity and sound judgment in time management and expense control.
• Maintain expense levels within the established guidelines for field service travel and site visits.
• Report quality control and other technical problems, in detail, to the Service Center and System Support Engineering Manager.
• Properly maintain and utilize company vehicle as outlined by current Corporate fleet policy.
• Interface effectively with other departments and managers to resolve customer problems and issues.
• Provide support to customers that meet company standards of superior quality service at all times.
• Accountable for Company issued credit cards, travel advances, company vehicle, and trunk stock of spare and repair parts.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Salary: $60K+ is the annualized base wage depending on experience, qualifications, and location along with OT. Our client’s global incentive compensation structure is designed to motivate their associates to reach their highest potential. Most associates are eligible for an annual incentive, based on both Company performance as well as relevant business unit and individual performance.
Travel Requirements: Within assigned region and domestically as needed (company vehicle provided, and associated airfare travel is expensed).
Shift Work: Primarily will be shift first but can be flex on needs (i.e. holidays, critical infrastructure / operations, etc.)
Benefits: In addition to the competitive salary, our client also provides a company vehicle ($15K-$20K in cost savings), along with a cell phone, laptop, expense account, and tools. The company offers high-quality benefits and strives to communicate these benefits to you in a way that shows their value while expanding your healthcare knowledge.
• Experience with medical devices and equipment, PC/software/LIS/networking/database management knowledge is highly desired.
• Good working knowledge of electronics and electro-mechanical devices (Military backgrounds: Electronic-mechanical specialties: Avionics, Fire control man, Electronic technicians).
• Must have effective communication and customer service skills including technical writing and training.
• Must have effective interpersonal skills, organization/prioritization and administrative skills.
• Associate's Degree in Electronics/Computers/Biomedical Engineering or equivalent experience is required.
• Minimum 4 years of recent relevant field service experience in servicing complex electronics also required.
• PC-based equipment and application software knowledge highly preferred.