Position ID: # EB-1993203083
Date Posted: 11/30/2017 2:19:43 PM
Location: Roanoke, VA
Job DescriptionPosition Description
As an Electrical Field Service Technician, your responsibilities will include:
• Planning, organizing, and performing multifunctional field assignments in designated areas of expertise, directing the work of other field engineers and craft labor as required, in a timely and efficient manner.
• Developing and further expanding technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized by industry standards for engineering ability.
• Maintaining knowledge of applicable product line warranties, and accomplishing effective warranty administration.
• Planning, preparing, and/or instructing both internal and external training programs as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge in area of specialization.
• Performing administrative functions such as, writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheets, and expense sheets on a complete, timely, and thorough basis.
• Maintaining knowledge of the report system to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information necessary.
• Having knowledge of and conducting work activities in compliance with the ES Safety Manual and Safety policy.
• Exercising good judgment in controlling costs and expenditures of Company funds.
• Protecting the Company’s capital investments by properly safeguarding and maintaining that equipment for which responsible.
• Making contributions to the continued development and refinement of IS Engineering Standards and Procedures as they apply to the designated specialty and to conduct work efforts in accordance thereof.
• Developing knowledge of Energy Services Terms and Conditions and those of customers and subcontractors, and performing activities so as to minimize risk and assure compliance.
• Striving to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction in all transactions and relationships.
Location: Roanoke, VA
Salary: $28-$32/hr base, plus OT
Travel Requirements: In this position, you will service numerous customers, usually within the region with 2-3 overnights per week (on average) of travel.
• Short and long-term Disability Program.
• Paid Vacation, Personal and Holidays.
• 401(k) Plan.
• Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance.
• 2 weeks of vacation, 10 paid holidays, 5 sick days, and 3 personal days.
• Company Vehicle, computer, cell phone allowance.
• Per Diem.
• Must be an experienced industrial electrician with 5-10 years of experience in power delivery and driving maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Must have 5+ years' switchgear and high voltage (480v and up) experience.
• Must have experience with most of the following: switchgear, protective relays, protective relay calibration, transformer maintenance and testing, “Doble Testing,” high voltage maintenance, field engineer and design background, SF6 breaker experience, etc.
• Must have exceptional customer service skills.
• Must have a clean driving record.