- Title: Customer Service Engineer
- Location: Eau Claire, WI
- Shift: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm, while training; after training you will need to have some shift flexibility that could include 10am – 7pm schedules (this would include a 7% shift differential on those days with a 10am start time), plus OT is frequently required.
- Compensation: First Year Total Comp = $96k – 105.6k
Base Payrate $70,000 – 78,000
Additional Average OT $10,500 – 11,700
5% Target Bonus $3500 – 3900
Annual Value of Company Car $12,000 .
Total $96,000 – 105,600
- Benefits: Company offers an excellent global benefits package Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, Mental Health, Substance Abuse, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life Insurances, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance, 401K Savings Plan with matching contribution, Financial Planning Tools, Training and Education, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Holidays, Flex Schedules, Business Casual Dress, Employee Discount Program, and Volunteer Opportunities. Specific benefits for this position include:
- 4 weeks of paid vacation (PTO) to start, with 5 paid floater holidays pro-rated for the first year and 6 paid standard holidays. At the start of your third year, you get a 5th week of vacation.
- 100% match of 401K contribution, up to 6% (20% vesting of the matched amount each year).
- Corporate Vehicle – Fleet Program – You receive a new car ($45 per week cost to you) all inclusive of gas, tolls, service, insurance and more. You can use for business and personal usage. It is estimated to be a $15k annual value to the employee. You can also opt out and receive a corporate van.
- “Well Being” reimbursement of $300/year for health/fitness classes and related items.
- Travel: Travel is an essential job requirement for this position. As a CSE, you will travel regularly throughout assigned region to customer accounts; your region is centered around Eau Claire, WI and stretches approximately 2 hours in all directions. You must be available to provide service to customers during off hours as well as weekends, as necessary.
- COVID Vaccination: Not required.
As the Service Technician, you will be in a field-based, customer-facing role that installs, services, maintains and modifies the company equipment at customer sites. The selected candidate will work at sites with minimal supervision and will perform on-site customer repairs and be responsible for delivering both timely and effective repairs. It will be your responsibility to provide on-site training after installs to help ensure the systems optimal performance resulting in superior customer satisfaction. The Field Service Technician will help with managing financial performance within their territory: meeting or exceeding budget for revenue generation, expense control and inventory management. The Field Service Tech/Engineer is a key contributor in maintaining ongoing customer interaction to solve and prevent technical difficulties. The Field Service Tech/Engineer interfaces directly with the Customer Care Manager, Technical Manager, Clinical Application Specialist, Product Managers, company Sales Representatives, and customers. These interfaces are required to provide superior product service responsiveness and customer satisfaction. The Service Engineer integrates the technical capabilities and available resources, with effective territory and business management skills to develop and maintain superior service levels. You will need to make decisions on best plan of action to keep the customer’s equipment downtime to a minimum. Specific responsibilities include:
• Possess total familiarity with mechanical, electronic, optical, and operational aspects of designated products as evidenced by the ability to effectively install and repair/service designated instruments.
• Provide customer troubleshooting assistance as required.
• Provide product service for clinical field trial installations.
• Perform warranty and maintenance work necessary to keep customer level of service and satisfaction high.
• Recommend service manual revisions.
Candidates must have top-notch electronic systems knowledge and troubleshooting/repair skills in addition to unparalleled customer service skills (relationship development, conflict management, active listening and problem solving, interpersonal communication, etc.). Experience in the Bio-Medical field is a huge plus, but not required. Candidates must be able to interpret electronic system schematics and flow-charts. A highly tuned mechanical aptitude and the ability to visualize and explain situations and resolutions are also critical in this role. Excellent customer service, communication (oral & written), documentation, and PC skills are essential to this position's success.