Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Field Service Technician
Location: Madison, WI
Travel: Projects located within 1.5 hours of employee’s home. M – F daily travel. Zero overnights
Salary: $60K-$70K first year W2. Your offer will include an initial base hourly rate of $25-$29/hr. depending on the location and your qualifications + O/T after 40 hours per week (typically between 10-15 hours of O/T per week) + paid travel + laptop & iPad + cell + internet service + company vehicle! (Brand new F150) + solid benefits + 10% annual Bonus + Three weeks’ vacation.
Training: OJT 1-3 weeks / 1 week onsite at Headquarters / 4 – 6 weeks in the field
Position Description: Field Service Technician
As the Field Service Technician, the NEPTUNE products you service will make a major impact on the way surgeons and healthcare professionals perform their jobs. You will partner with your team and Manager to ensure that (surgical instrument) products are serviced in healthcare facilities across the US. No medical background is required – just great technical, interpersonal, and project management skills to help you thrive in the culture that provides.
We need someone with the ability to:
• Provide effective, proficient, and timely post-sales service, troubleshooting and repair management, product field actions, preventative maintenance, quality control inspections to all customers in direct support of the sales team to ensure optimal customer satisfaction and best-in-class service.?
• Become an expert on properly maintaining the products within your realm of responsibility. Perform service to customer’s equipment without negatively impacting their daily business / work flow.
• Provide post-sale in-servicing and product-use support on equipment operation and maintenance.?
• ?Teach cleaning and maintenance best practices to operating room, central sterile and biomedical teams.
• Follow all administrative duties, complete all necessary paperwork and track product support solutions, e.g. repair orders, service request forms, product inquiries, Field Actions and part order requisitions in a very accurate and timely manner.?
• Assist Field Service Manager with development and deployment of the training documentation, SOPs and work instructions for the Field Service team; evaluate existing technical processes and identify deficiencies.?
• Maintain an accurate inventory of equipment and parts, verify tool calibration.?
• Provide advanced subject matter expertise and support to Field Sales Representatives, internal and external customers. In addition, highlight complex issues via phone, email and on site, if necessary.?
• Participate in resolution of customer complaints and escalated issues.?
• ?Work with technical support call center, manufacturing, engineering, project management, inventory, purchasing and management groups when applicable.?
• Be a leader in personal performance for the field service metrics.?
• Manage schedule and resources as dictated by customer needs.?
• Be a problem-solver and drive process improvements in all aspects. ?
• Plan for frequent travel between hospitals in health system and/or territory based on priority of service requests.
Requirements: You should have exceptional technical/electro-mechanical aptitude, this role is perfect for technicians who reached the NCO level in the military and are looking to further their skills in the BIOMED industry. MOST IMPORTANTLY, however, you must have a strong desire to interface with customers, have the ability to INFLUENCE CLIENTS, make people happy, and solve people’s problems. Places a high value on loyalty and unwavering customer service and support. You must be energetic, organized, entrepreneurial, and self-motivated. Only those candidates who place a high value on developing strong relationships with clients and who will go “above and beyond” to improve the CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE in their Field Tech responsibilities will succeed in this role. Candidates must be extremely customer service oriented and maintain the highest levels of moral courage and conviction.
Benefits: Offers a tremendous benefits package: flexible Medical/Dental plans; Tuition Reimbursement (110% for “A” grades, 100% for “B”s, 90% for “C”s); Employee Stock Purchase Program; STD/ADD/LTD; life insurance; paid prescription coverage; and an outstanding 401k plan (matches 50 cents on the dollar up to 8% of your investment, and they also, whether you put $ in a 401k or not, invest a discretionary 7% into a 401k automatically for you), health and wellness plans, 11 paid holidays annually, and 2 weeks of vacation, and much more.