Title: Customer Service Technician
Location: Green Bay WI-Green Bay, Appleton, Waupaca WI, areas
Shift: Tech typically works an 8 hour per day (M-F) and will on call 24 hours unless scheduled off. Over Time is typically between 15-30% (depending on the season), so accessibility during off-hours is required. For the On Call Rotation that is once the technician has completed all necessary training and is able to work on all of our supply systems they can opt to join an on call rotation with 2-4 other techs. This will allow them to gain 1 to 3 weekends off without being on call. The flip side of that is when it is their turn to be on call the service area double to quadruples. It gives a welcomed break and the others in the rotation are usually open to switching if something comes up if there is a scheduling conflict.
Compensation: $56-60k + OT + Company Vehicle, Tools, and handheld devices
Benefits: Comprehensive Corporate Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, PTO, 401k Matching, Relocation)
Travel: 20%. Day travel required, utilizing company issued service vehicle, in the following areas: Green Bay Wisconsin area and the surrounding states in the Midwest territory. Training via OJT and in IL will require candidate to travel out of area for a week at a time.
Training: The candidate will train at the company National Training Center, which is located in East Chicago, Indiana. Training forum is college level classes one week in duration requiring completion of prerequisite prior to actual training class.
Veteran Profiles – Best fit Air Force, or Navy Cryo Technicians, but open to veteran technicians with either mechanical or electrical training.
As a Customer Service Maintenance Technician who will be responsible for safely maintaining/servicing (with occasionally installing/removing) of various types of bulk liquid and gaseous cryogenic supply systems (Nitrogen, Argon, Helium, Oxygen, CO2, and Hydrogen). Individual will be required to respond to service calls, as well as performing supply system inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned accounts
• Required to communicate/correspond professionally with counterparts, customers, vendors, and sales department
• Be proficient in with the following: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet searches, smart phones and tablet data entry devices.
• Capability of operating service vehicle and have a clean driving record, with knowledge in the practice of defensive driving technique.
• Must be a self-starter, capable of multitasking, possess time management skills, and capable of planning their overall work order priorities
• Display the ability to communicate professionally with management, sales, the call center, and customers
• Instruct and supervise outside personnel, such as: crane, electrical, and mechanical contractors
• Entry level - 3+ maintenance, repair of mechanical and electrical systems
• Experience troubleshooting
• Must be good with technology and have the ability to use the software and devices listed above
• Being able to read a print, understand P&ID's, materials of construction, layout and installation drawings
• Brazing, pipefitting, and/or TIG welding
• Troubleshooting/service experience/knowledge of: regulators, solenoids, check valves, different types of mechanical valves (both manual and automatic/solenoid), gas analyzers, piping and fittings, pressure relief devices, and rupture discs
• Familiarization with various cryogenic storage vacuum systems, mixers, and vaporizers
• Capable of troubleshooting reciprocating and centrifugal pump systems, analysis pump electrical control panels.
• Knowledgeable regarding pressure testing procedures.
• Knowledgeable regarding the cleaning procedures for components in oxygen service.
• Maintain stock of needed parts and supplies for service vehicle.