Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Our client is the leading owner, operator and developer of industrial logistics real estate across the Americas, Europe and Asia. They create value by developing and managing a world-class portfolio of high-quality logistics and distribution facilities, serving customers and investors as an integral part of the global supply chain.
Position: Maintenance Technician
Location: Portland, OR
Pay: $33-38 per hour + OT + bonus
Under the general direction of the Senior Property Manager (SPM) and collaboration with the operations team, the maintenance technician will be responsible for property maintenance operations in accordance with company policies, procedures and standards. The individual should possess knowledge and skills in property maintenance with extensive emphasis on customer service. This individual must be willing and able to respond to emergency calls 24/7.
• Commit to the company’s Five Drivers of Competitive Advantage, which includes exceeding our customers’ expectations, participating in initiatives that improve our portfolio, and generate savings through supplier and vendor contract bidding.
• Perform general property maintenance of assigned buildings and coordinate special projects as directed by property managers.
o Perform proactive/responsive repairs and maintenance as requested by customers and property managers.
o Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend maintenance operations.
o Perform scheduled site inspections in the Mobile Maintenance software application on a semi-annual basis. These inspections include (but are not limited to) roof, structure, sidewalks, asphalt, and landscaping. Monitor appearance and upkeep of properties on a weekly basis. As appropriate, remove litter and debris from lawns, planting beds, parking areas, sidewalks, ramps, and mechanical rooms.
o Collaborate with the property managers to complete capital repairs and maintenance.
o Communicate with property managers on your daily schedule, customer issues, and condition of the properties.
o Perform routine inspections on all vacant units and notify property managers of any issues.
o Assist in preparation of vacant units prior to customer occupancy.
• Assure safety standards are used which comply with all company, local, City, State and Federal guidelines (e.g., OSHA, EPA). Report safety issues as needed.
• Ensure safe and proper storage of all supplies, chemicals, tools, and equipment. Ensure tools and equipment are in optimum condition.
• Alert the property managers of any unusual occurrence and/or property damage sustained or any potential hazard to be addressed.
• Assist in inspecting, monitoring and documenting all work being performed by outside vendors.
• Respond immediately to customer or property emergency situations and alert property managers to the situation(s). Carry company-provided mobile phone for on-call maintenance.
• Collaborate with Property Managers on the annual capital and operating budgets.
• Attend and complete all required internal and external training.
• Other duties, as assigned.
• Requires a High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• Minimum of five years in skilled maintenance work, preferably in the commercial real estate industry or prior military experience.
• Knowledge and experience in plumbing, electrical, and heating/cooling systems.
• Knowledge of the current occupational hazards, and an understanding of safety precautions, building codes and regulations applicable to the maintenance profession.
• Knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment necessary to perform building maintenance tasks.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks on a daily basis.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments.
• Good record keeping for work orders, parts orders, inventory and service/customer follow-up.
• Ability to carry out specific oral and written instructions.
• Ability to read and understand operating manuals and written instructions, blueprints, and technical materials.
• Ability to work independently.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Proven ability to communicate via email on iPhone/iPad with customers, vendors, and the team.
• Ability to use computer software and applications on a laptop and multiple mobile devices.
• Requires a valid driver’s license, good driving record and the ability to travel to multiple properties.
• As business dictates, able to work extended/flexible hours (e.g., nights/weekends/on-call).
• Knowledge of work-safety issues, regulations and programs, government and utility ordinances preferred.