Position ID: # EB-1335460033
Date Posted: 2/5/2023 6:29:36 PM
Location: Bloomington, IN
Salary: $33 - $40
Job DescriptionOrion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Controls Technician positions with a leading global provider of specialty flexible and rigid packaging solutions to food, beverage, and medical packaging industries.
Location: Bloomington, IN (home of Indiana University ~45-60 min south of Indianapolis)
Compensation: Initial starting base rate ($33-$39.60/hr base rate) based on qualifications and experience + $2.50/hr shift premium + O/T paid at 1.5X base after 40 hours weekly + double time holiday pay + monthly bonus (up to 5% of base) + $3K sign-on bonus
Shift: Night shift, 7pm-7am, on a 4-3 bi-weekly schedule. You will train on days for 1-2 months then move to nights. You will work 4 nights & have 3 nights off one week, then work 3 nights & have 4 nights off the next
Benefits: Company offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to promote wellness and provide protection for its associates and their families, including medical coverage, dental coverage, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k), gift program, employee assistance programs, educational assistance, and service awards
Vaccine Requirement: Not Required
As a Controls Technician, you will troubleshoot and repair manufacturing systems such as production machinery and equipment, presses, extruders, slitting machines, bagging machines, converting equipment and other electro-mechanical systems for production. In this role you must ensure continuous and efficient operation of all production line equipment and systems, while minimizing production and operation down time and maximizing plant productivity. Key responsibilities include:
• Personally operate and maintain equipment in a safe and orderly manner.
• Lead the team in the pursuit of a culture of safety as a foundational principle.
• Collaborate with maintenance, other departments, and plant leadership to achieve plant objectives.
• Provide routine and preventative maintenance and troubleshooting to production equipment
• Drive results in the key metrics of safety, waste, productivity, and quality.
• Cultivate one's own skill of critical problem solving as well as that among the team members.
• High school diploma or GED + 3 years industrial maintenance experience.
• All candidates must complete an online personality scenario-based assessment during the hiring process for development, pass a physical and 10-panel drug test for employment.
• Experience troubleshooting on electrical/electronic systems experience on circuits, drives, motor relays, circuit breakers, process controls, and distribution systems.