Position ID: # EB-2015039218
Date Posted: 9/22/2022 10:46:31 AM
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
Salary: $80,000 - $80,000
Job DescriptionPosition Details:
Location: San Francisco, CA, Rockville, MD and South Plainfield, NJ (work from home for NJ role)
Travel: Overnight travel can be up to 50% (Less travel for CA and MD openings)
Salary: $40/hr plus OT, bonus and per diem (when traveling)
Benefits: Comprehensive corporate benefits package
The Field Service Engineer performs basic/routine customer support activities involving the installation, modification, repair and preventive maintenance of company’s equipment and systems generally at customer sites, to ensure proper working order.
• Install, modify, repair, conduct preventive diagnosis, and perform maintenance on the software and hardware of the equipment and systems while adhering to company’s policies, procedures and work direction of supervisor or shift/site lead.
• Interface with customers to ensure customer satisfaction with equipment and service levels.
• Maintain a safe and clean working environment by conforming at all times to Company and customer’s work protocols and policies.
• Attain Equipment Service and Operation Certification on equipment and systems as defined.
• Submit reports, such as Service and Status Reports, on all support activities as defined and required.
• Productively react to changing priorities such as Tool or Line down and escalations and support organizational and administrative duties.
• High school degree is required. Associate of Science degree, technical certificate or equivalent is desired.
• A minimum of 5 years related work experience or military technical training is required.
• Strong Electrical & Mechanical background.
• Must possess excellent communication skills with the ability to read, write and speak with clarity in the English language and interface effectively with customers and peers.
• Requires excellent systematic troubleshooting skills utilizing a structured and comprehensive process to determine the root cause of an outage, with the ability to handle problems independently and implement corrective action.
• Displays commitment to resolve problems and make independent decisions based upon the priority of the problem in relation to business needs.
• Must be available and willing to travel, domestically and internationally as needed, and be available for specific emergency on-call work.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable mode of transportation, qualified to obtain a credit card for expenses and able to obtain a valid passport for the term of employment.
• Must be qualified to meet the requirements of background screening by a third-party agency.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb ladders, scaffoldings, and use Personal Protective Equipment.
• Must be able to work in awkward positions and in confined spaces.
• Must be proficient with use of a PC, Windows, and DOS based Operating Systems. Oracle experience highly beneficial. Be able to use the company’s standard software to generate reports, presentations and document the daily activities as defined and expected by your manager.
• Work performed generally will be to support global needs. International travel is required at times.
• Work schedule is to align with customer needs.
• On rare occasions, individuals may be asked to be on-call, or work on holidays, or weekends.
• The job holder makes independent decisions on a daily basis, which can have a significant impact on the business, with major decisions being taken in conjunction with line management
• The job holder is responsible for organizing their own day and working in an efficient manner.
• The job holder has overall service responsibility for assigned customer site equipment / type and all relevant associated activities
Keys to Successful Interview:
You will report to the Director who is very familiar with, and has been very successful with, hiring military talent through Orion! Your Customer Service focused interpersonal skills are just as important as your technical aptitude.
Use examples from your experience that demonstrate:
• Your initiative – to solve problems and take on new challenges
• Your technical skills and aptitude to learn new systems - show that you thrive on learning
• You can work independently
• You are resourceful and can figure things out independently, but know when to ask for help
• Your positive attitude
• Your ability to interface with customers – and strong communication skills
• Your high level of motivation