Position: Facilities Manager
Position Description: Reporting to the General Manager and/or VP, the primary purpose of this position is to manage and maintain building systems, security and access controls, and fire systems. Responsible for managing, coordinating, and overseeing implementation of all Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSE) programs and processes at the work site. Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, policies and continuous improvement in key identified measures and objectives. Prepare and builds consensus annual plans for site-wide HSE initiatives.
Location: Columbus, OH
• Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in Industrial Health, Safety and/or Environmental, and Security management role / 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, solid working knowledge of federal, state and local regulations
• Professional EHS certifications including Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or other related safety certifications are strongly preferred
• In-depth knowledge of OSHA, EPA and state standards as well as a demonstrated ability to interpret state and local regulations as they apply within the facility
• Knowledge of risk assessment and management techniques in the identification of key facility improvement opportunities
• Ability to analyze information, develop and deliver training programs, adapts policies, create reporting and proven progressive experience to offer recommendations for continuous improvement
• Ability to understand ISO / SQF certification requirements, create and manage programs that achieve and maintain certification
• Proven skill set with a variety of computer and software programs including PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook and others.
• Capability to present information effectively to diverse audiences and stakeholders while responding to questions from groups of managers, employees and the leadership team
• Proven leadership, teamwork and flexibility to manage changes in projects and priorities
• Ability to write reports and procedural manuals
• Exceptional public speaking skills
• Superior communication skills
• Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task effectively
• Excellent follow-through
• Advises leadership team on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions.
• Serves as primary technical resource for questions and concerns involving Environmental Health and Safety issues.
• Develops performance standards and methods of accomplishing those standards for the facility. Understands relevant technical requirements in HSE, including
• Completes and/or approves all required regulatory and company reporting documents in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local regulations in which we operate. Occupational safety and health, waste management, environmental regulatory compliance, , chemical control, industrial hygiene, fire safety and transportation. Ensures the facility standards meet or exceed both company and governmental and/or community regulations.
• Performs safety inspections routine audits and surveys; follows up on non-conformances and develop the systems to resolve them. Prepares reports of findings and make recommendations on preventative measures where necessary. Develops or acquires custom tools to address specific issues.
• Conducts post-accident investigations, prepares reports identifying possible accident causes and hazards; presents recommendations for solutions to these hazards in the future.
• Sets tone for a positive, learning safety culture in the field through a robust Injury and Illness prevention program, observations, concern reporting and leading safety indicators
• Leads the design of and monitors the performance of the team that typically executes the specific work activities that drive the process improvements, supports the sustainability initiatives.
• Ensures appropriate risk assessments are conducted, follow up implemented in each functional area (HSE) to minimize or eliminate accidents, asset losses, security breaches and environmental issues that might cause harm to one of the company’s employees, contractors, visitors, assets or reputation.
• Provides HSE expertise for all new projects and change management activities. Coordinates annual risk evaluation by 3rd party property insurance agency and manage identified recommendations.
• Ensures training and coaching is taking place to ensure Health, Safety, Security and Environmental standards and awareness, are well understood throughout the plant organization.
• Organizes the annual training plan as needed, personally conducts or oversees high priority topic training.
• Coaches the site staff on their specific roles and responsibilities as visible leaders.
• Coordinates with the quality lead on Food Defense program.
• Serves as the site primary point of contact for all HSE regulatory and community contacts, site HSE teams and is the primary technical resource.
• Leads the facility emergency response planning, training and is proficient in the company’s Special Situations Management program, directs the maintenance and inspection of fire protection systems.
• Displays effective conflict resolution and facilitation skills
• Embodies strong leadership and career development skills
• Must have an ability to travel as needed between locations
• Configure, manage, operate, monitor and maintain access control and alarm monitoring
• security surveillance, and key lock systems, including the configuration of user IDs and security levels
• Program and maintain server-generated events for security hardware, including doors, lockdown pull stations, emergency talk boxes, glass brake detectors, door position monitors, request to exit switches and cameras
• Troubleshoot and solve applicable software, hardware, and facility security system problems.
• Liaison with vendors and service contractors.
• Map out and maintain key lock system for new and existing buildings
• Operate and maintain video management system servers, infrastructure, and workstations
• coordinate user management, video review and preservation, camera and encoder programming and alarms
• Ensure that new and upgraded systems work effectively with current systems and programs
• determine and document proper parameters for software and hardware in order to ensure a smooth integration, transition and efficiency
• Foster an environment that embraces diversity, integrity, trust, and respect. Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation, and communication. Perform related duties as assigned
• Ensure that the facility is fully operational with all utilities functioning properly
• Schedule and supervise maintenance repair work and assist with checking installation and servicing building equipment
• Maintain stock levels and parts within budget
• Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations, and assist with sustainable energy management
• Oversee security of buildings and grounds
• Maintain ongoing communication with contractors, clients, and team
• Manage the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards
• Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations
• Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs
• Supervise all staff facilities staff and external contractors (custodians, technicians, groundskeepers, Security guards etc.)