Job Ref: # EB-1551351778
Date Posted: 12/1/2023 1:16:46 PM
City, State: Minneapolis, MN
Salary: $75,000 - $100,000
Job DescriptionPosition Details:
• Title: Systems Test Engineer
• Location: Minneapolis, MN
• Work Schedule / Travel: Standard Mon-Fri dayshift (~8a – 5p).
• Compensation: Target base salary ~$75K - $100K depending on engineering experience (they will consider recent college graduates as well as candidates with significant experience in relevant manufacturing environments).
• Benefits: Company offers great benefits! Medical and Dental benefits start day 1 of employment! They also offer tuition reimbursement and 401k benefits starts 30 days after your first day of employment.
Position Description: As a Systems Test Engineer, you will test, install and run laser-based systems according to engineering instructions and technical manuals. The Systems Test Engineer will be responsible for the troubleshooting and testing of laser workstations including their electrical, mechanical, motion, optical, software and laser subsystems. You will set up and operate laser workstations to meet both machine as well as laser process specifications. You will work closely with Production, Applications, Engineering, Sales and Customers through final system acceptance and training with end customers. Some other specific responsibilities include:
• Test and troubleshoot full range of machine technical subsystems including electrical, mechanical, motion, optical, software and laser systems.
• Identify and solve machine hardware and software issues. Work with Production, Applications and Engineering teams on continuous improvement of the laser workstations including hardware, software and laser process optimization.
• Setup, characterize and optimize laser workstations and laser process applications such as cutting, drilling and welding according to specifications.
• Write reports detailing system test data, as well as laser processes parameters and sample results.
• Perform Final Acceptance and Testing of laser workstations with end customers.
In order to be successful in this role, you should be able to read and interpret electrical and electronic schematics and drawings, and have good engineering and baseline troubleshooting skills with both high- and low-voltage equipment. Experience with such software as Python, C++, CAD/CAM, etc is required. Experience with CNC machining (ideally (programming) and/or industrial LASERs and optics is a huge plus. An Engineering Degree is strongly preferred (ideally in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Mechatronics, etc), but relevant experience can be considered in lieu of degree.