Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Project Manager – Engineer
Title: Project Manager – Engineer
Location: Long Island, NY (Relocation offered)
Shift: M-F, 8:30 – 5:00 P.M (hours may vary as required)
Compensation: $110,000 - $130,000, commensurate with experience
We offer outstanding benefits, including health/dental insurance and a 401k program with employer matching. Employees accrue 1.5 days of vacation and 1.25 days of sick leave per month, translating to 18 days of vacation and 15 days of sick leave per year. Additionally, there are 12 scheduled holidays annually for work-life balance. Additional benefits include a Vacation Buy Plan and tuition assistance.
Travel: Less than 5%
Position Description: Project Manager – Engineer
We are seeking a Project Manager for the Modernization Project Office (MPO). In this role, you will report directly to the Manager of Facilities Project Management and be responsible for the planning, execution, and closeout of assigned projects, ensuring they align with established scope, budget, and schedule parameters. The MPO plays a pivotal role in designing and implementing construction and infrastructure improvements, functioning as a comprehensive project management, engineering, and construction management entity. MPO's services encompass design, cost estimation, construction management and inspection, commissioning, start-up, and transition to operations, all while meticulously maintaining cost and schedule controls throughout the entire project lifecycle to ensure the successful completion of projects.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Spearheading engineering projects and systems of significant scope and complexity, with a primary focus on hot cell design/construction and isotope research infrastructure.
• Leading projects through the entire project lifecycle, from conceptualization and design to estimating, planning, construction, and project installation. Additionally, assisting in navigating regulatory, FDA, and DOE Nuclear approvals and incorporating necessary requirements into the design and construction processes.
• Establishing, monitoring, and controlling project baselines encompassing cost, schedule, and scope.
• Directing and monitoring the work of a matrixed team, which includes engineers, technicians, contractors, and outside Architects/Engineers, to ensure the successful completion of assigned projects.
• Serving as the liaison between senior scientific staff and design engineering teams, ensuring programmatic requirements are met and designs align with stakeholder expectations and approved project documentation.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or Graduate of the Navy Nuclear Program with a Bachelor's in Nuclear Engineering Technology.
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, including US Navy Nuclear, Hot cell experience, nuclear facility building/construction, and isotope research.
• Familiarity with risk management processes.
• Familiarity with working in a nuclear facility/environment.
• Experience in client meetings, proposal writing, and defining the scope of work.
• Proficiency in leading diverse project teams, developing project schedules/cost estimates, and overseeing the construction process for assigned projects.
• Self-starter with strong professionalism and motivation, known for proactively seeking solutions and asking critical questions.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite.
• 7+ years of relevant experience in Nuclear/Hot Cell/Isotope Research or design for infrastructure projects.
• Experience in building design and construction.
• Knowledge of CAD and Primavera P6.
• Familiarity with FDA requirements.
• Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) credentials are a plus.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.