Position ID: # EB-2143770181
Date Posted: 9/24/2022 5:15:14 PM
Location: Oswego, NY
Industry: Oil & Gas
Salary: $110,000 - $127,000
Job DescriptionOrion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Senior Reactor Operator positions with the nation’s largest producer of carbon-free energy and provides sustainable solutions to homes, businesses, and public-sector customers across the continental United States.
Location: Oswego, NY (10 Openings)
Pay: $110K-$127K based on experience, $1Kk bonus spread through training/milestones
Premium bonus of $16K when you enter ILT class (September) and an additional $8K upon
full licensing, Relocation negotiable. Potential first year W2 up to $176K
Benefits: Company offers a benefits package including comprehensive health, dental, life, Short- and Long-Term Disability; 401(k) match up to 4%, Discounted Employee Stock Options, 21 days PTO, and several other benefit options.
As a Senior Reactor Operator Initial License Trainee, you will attend initial certification class to attain the Senior Reactor Operator License from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC). Upon certification, you will be fully licensed to supervise the operations of the reactor control room. You will attend class with the intent of attaining an SRO License will complete a Fundamentals Phase, a Simulator Certification, acquiring SRO status, and attain an NRC SRO License. This program will consist of a combination of study time, field time, and on the job training to attain the license status. Project work, outage assignments, or duties may be assigned to support the site operations.
• Navy Nuke Background is the ideal fit.
• 18 months position equivalent to Reactor Operator (or Supervisor) at military reactor (Power Plant Watch Engineer, Engineering Watch Supervisor, Reactor Operator, Engineering Officer of the Watch, Propulsion Plant Watch Supervisor).
• BS or Technical qualification in Engineering, Physics is preferred.
• Experience working with electronics, testing equipment, and mechanical systems.
• Understanding and knowledge of the operation of a reactor or other radiation producing devices.