Position ID: # EB-1452410638
Date Posted: 5/30/2023 2:03:06 PM
Location: San Francisco, CA
Industry: High Tech
Salary: $70,000 - $75,000
Job DescriptionPosition Details:
Title: Field Service Technician
Location: San Francisco, CA (SFO)
Shift: Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday-Saturday (5am-1:30pm or 1pm-10pm)
Compensation: Compensation of $70,000-$75,000+ (base hourly rate annual bonus) with OT available
Benefits: This package currently includes medical, dental and vision insurance plans, a short and long-term disability plan. Eligible for a $300 annual wellness credit and reimbursement of up to $720 per year for fitness programs. Also includes a 401K plan with both automatic employer contribution and 401k match (can be as much as 9% per year of base pay, depending on your age). The company also offers 13 days PTO and 9 paid holidays at start, tuition reimbursement of up to $5,250 per year, employee discounts and more!
Travel: No travel, role based at SFO
Vaccine Requirement: Due to this position supporting the TSA, a current Executive Order requires that all staff be able to show proof of COVID 19 vaccination.
As a Field Service Technician, you must be team oriented and flexible, and actively seek to share information and assist peers. Good candidates for this role possess solid communication skills and demonstrates good electronic repair troubleshooting methodology and maintains at least an intermediate technical level of product knowledge. Ability to read and follow electrical/mechanical schematics to assist in isolating fault to root cause component/assembly. Cross trains on products serviced in the field, and displays basic proficiency in servicing the Trace, X-Ray, CT X-Ray and Cargo Inspection Systems product lines. Looks for common-mode problem occurrences and seeks to resolve, both independently and with the aid of others. Has a working knowledge of business PC applications (MS Word, Excel & Power Point) and able to effectively use them to provide clear, concise information summaries as needed.
Troubleshoots, services, installs (deploys) and repairs both CIS and X-Ray equipment at customer sites. Maintains field service log and filing system to properly initiate, organize and maintain all field service and job files until work is completed.
• When not on travel, individual will aid to the Technical Support staff, and conducts follow up calls with the customer to ensure satisfaction of work.
• Responsible for meeting daily service repair needs and driving customer satisfaction.
• Installs, repairs, and maintains equipment in the field; provides customer training as required.
• Documents all inspections, maintenance, repair work and submits paperwork in a timely basis
• Order, install, and return parts and manages repair parts cycle time
• Reviews all logs for open issues and prepares formal reports to customers as necessary.
• Participates in Service Sales opportunities and assists with promoting revenue programs.
• Ensures that tools and test equipment are properly maintained and calibrated
• Assesses equipment performance based on field support data; recommends modifications/improvements.
• Seeks to provide technical support to customers and other service professionals as required.
• May participate in site surveys, pilot program service activities, champion special projects, and prepare exclusive reports.
• Possesses a solid level of technical knowledge on the company’s CIS and X-Ray technologies.
• Maintains clear and concise business communication proficiency, both oral and written
• Establishes and maintains a close relationship with senior level FSE’s and Product Managers to support the needs of the customer and remain aware of current technical trends.
• Complies department compliance with Company health, safety, and environmental policies.
• Comply with all applicable U.S. export control and security regulations.
• Associate degree or Related Trade Certification (electrical, electronic, mechanical) or Military Training (electrical, mechanical, electronics). Equivalence achieved through comparative work and life experience is acceptable (>3 years work experience in a related electrical or mechanical field service role).
• Computer literacy; competency in use of all programs within MS Office Suite and aptitude for learning specialized software programs.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience directly involved in troubleshooting and field repair of electrical and electronic systems and equipment.
• Excellent communications skills and have a strong orientation for customer focus and teamwork.
• Excellent customer service skills and the ability to handle stressful situations.
• Must be able to pass an in-depth background check (vetting). This position requires Sensitive Security Information (SSI) access and vetting via the TSA. Applicant must successfully pass a federal background investigation, which can take 4+ weeks.
• Must be able to pass physical, which includes having heartrate and blood pressure within normal range and display the ability to lift item up to 85 lbs. to chest unassisted