Position ID: # EB-1070905944
Date Posted: 7/23/2021 11:43:11 AM
Location: San Diego, CA
Job DescriptionOur client is one of the world's leading pure-play infusion therapy companies with global operations and a wide-ranging product portfolio that includes IV solutions, IV smart pumps, dedicated and non-dedicated IV sets and needle free connectors, along with pain management and safety software technology designed to help meet clinical, safety and workflow goals. In addition, the company manufactures automated pharmacy IV compounding systems with workflow technology, closed systems transfer devices for hazardous IV drugs, and cardiac monitoring systems to optimize patient fluid levels.
Position: Sr. Field Service Repair Technician
Location: San Diego, CA
Pay: $32-35 per hour
Travel: 50% local travel
This position will need to understand and demonstrate the ability to perform activities necessary for Infusion Pump Service operations, including repair, refurbishment, out of box failures analysis and complaint investigations. This position will require spending time in the field assisting the Field Service Engineers (FSE’s) at customer sites performing repairs, upgrades, PMs, field actions and other field-based projects as needed.
When not in the field supporting FSE’s, the Field Service Repair Technician will work from the US Service Hub based in Salt Lake City, performing repairs, refurbishment, upgrades, rework, battery recharging and other tasks as needed.
Also responsible for documenting the required aspects of Infusion Pump PCI, repair, refurbishment, rework, and labor and material tracking jobs. This person must be proficient with the device tracking system (Oracle) so that the complaints are addressed, and all results are technically accurate and include required elements ensuring that the analysis/repair activity is properly recorded.
• Will perform routine and complex work related to the repair, refurbished, rework and upgrades of medical devices.
• Troubleshoot and analyze customer devices to problem solve root cause issues
• Comply with all the requirements in the Quality and Operational procedures in their area of responsibility to meet the requirements of all applicable Quality System Regulations (i.e. cGMP compliance).
• Perform Level 0 and Level 1 PCI investigations on a regular basis, working as necessary with Senior Technicians, FSE’s, QA, Customer Service and Global Complaint Management teams as necessary.
• Assist with notebook/engineering studies, out of box failures analysis and yield improvement activity.
• Perform troubleshooting and repair of devices both onsite at customer locations as well as the US Service Hub.
• Work with Manager and QA to identify and resolve process and/or product non-conformities.
• Clean the assigned work area on daily basis to maintain clean work environment.
• Work on special projects as they arise.
Requirements/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Demonstrate initiative and good teamwork skills
• Proficient with cGMP, process, and product knowledge
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to edit written process documentation as necessary
• Proven analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Quality and results oriented
• Management of company expenses related to T&L incurred during travel
• S. degree in a technical discipline preferred, or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 5 years of industry experience in a high-tech manufacturing, field service or related environment