Our client is a leading provider of infection prevention and other procedural products and services. The company is focused primarily on healthcare, pharmaceutical and medical device Customers. Their mission is to help Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe. They offer Customers a unique mix of innovative capital equipment products, such as sterilizers and washers, surgical tables, lights and equipment management systems and connectivity solutions such as operating room integration; consumable products such as detergents and gastrointestinal endoscopy accessories and other products; services, including equipment installation and maintenance, microbial reduction of medical devices, instrument and scope repair solutions, laboratory services and off-site reprocessing.
Field Service Technicians act as the face of our company by ensuring top-notch service for our customers. In this field-based, customer-facing role, you will travel to hospital and surgical facilities to maintain, troubleshoot, service, and provide calibration and installation support for steam sterilizers, medical equipment washers and other products as needed. In addition, you will be responsible for building positive relationships with customers and colleagues, as well as completing necessary administrative tasks.
In addition, you will be responsible for the following:
• Drive Customer satisfaction through pro-active communication and commitment to resolving Customer’s issues/problems.
• Perform preventive and corrective maintenance required on company and related product lines in a safe and efficient manner. This includes disassembling, replacing, or repairing defective parts; rewiring or reassembling as required; troubleshooting, adjusting/calibrating, and certifying equipment ready for use by using standard and specialized tools and test equipment (i.e., schematics, diagrams, technical manuals, etc.).
• Troubleshoot, repair, modify, overhaul, or refurbish standard and special purpose equipment and systems components.
• Ensure a positive Customer experience by providing timely PM performance, service calls, warranty calls, field upgrade programs, etc. Perform minor installations as required.
• Establish and maintain effective, communicative relationships with Customers, managers, support functions and the sales organization.
• Promote company growth through identifying sales opportunities and recommending company products/services to Customers.
• Communicate promptly and efficiently with Customers providing informative status updates.
• Be a positive ambassador for the company at Customer sites.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED with 2+ years of relevant experience required. Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in electronics, mechanics or a similar discipline, plus 1+ year(s) of related experience, is strongly preferred. This position may be elevated to a Field Service Technician II role for candidates that possess an appropriate level of relevant experience as determined by the company.
• Valid driver’s license is required.
• Ability to work flexible hours (at times outside “normal business hours”) and travel as required.
• Strong technical, organizational, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with navigating a computer and exposure to Microsoft Office programs.
• Comfortable working independently without supervision.
• Flexibility to handle multiple, changing priorities.
• Willingness to work in a hospital setting that may include visibility to emergency trauma.
• Physical working requirements include:
• Routine movement such as walking, bending, kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing, reaching, twisting, pushing, pulling and grasping.
• Performing work from floor level to above shoulder height. This may include the use of ladders and/or scaffolds.
• Routinely lifting, lowering and carrying 1 to 35 pounds, as well as occasionally lifting and lowering 36 to 49 pounds.
• Walking and standing for extended periods of time.
• Working in confined spaces and under variable temperatures.