Position ID: # EB-6481577259
Date Posted: 7/2/2020 5:55:56 PM
Location: Tempe, AZ
Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Superintendent positions with a national design/build and general contracting company based in Syracuse, NY which provides various design and construction services to a wide range of clients throughout the United States.
As a Superintendent, your responsibilities will include:
• Maintain job safety and enforce OSHA requirements.
• Oversee quality control of assigned Company projects.
• Interface with subcontractors and material suppliers.
• Building layout.
• Plan and coordinate all trades and deliveries.
• Maintain progress schedules.
• Communicate with Project Managers on all Company projects.
• Execute all paperwork, including daily reports, safety meeting outlines, accident reports, equipment lists, and all sign-off at the end of the projects.
• Implement Company Health and Safety Plan and Policy including conducting and preparing weekly Safety Checklists conduct Tool Box Talks and document the same, prepare MSDS reports and conduct initial safety orientation meeting and document them accordingly. All safety documentation shall be forwarded in accordance with the processes set forth in the QMPM.
• Exercise discretion and independent judgment with respect to completion of all Company projects.
• Implement all management policies and operating practices in accordance with the QMPM.
• Carry out major assignments in conducting the operation of the Company’s business.
• Perform all duties reasonably necessary to complete projects on time, as directed by the Project Manager, in accordance with the processes set forth in the QMPM.
Location: Tempe, AZ, travel to and from how to job site/project locations.
Salary: Base salary $75K range, varies widely depending on construction experience and knowledge.
Travel Requirements: Extensive travel throughout the year may be required depending on your location and projects you are involved in. The company will pay for a trip home every other weekend if you are on extended travel. During your travel they will house you in nearby hotels or an apartment depending on the length of the job. You will receive daily/monthly per diem to cover your costs/expenses.
Shift Work: Day shifts when the contractors are on the job sites. Day length can be dependent on the daily work at the site and maintaining the schedule for completion of events.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug Plans, Life & AD&D Insurance, Supplemental Life, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) with employer match. Educational Assistance is available to continue job-related education.
• Strong construction leadership experience.