Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Solar Energy Field Service Technician positions with a company that provides reliable, efficient products and services for the energy industry. Our client helps businesses and authorities that generate, transmit, or use electricity. The company works in all areas of the energy industry including coal, oil, natural gas, and nuclear energy, as well as with renewable resources such as sun, water, and wind energy. The dedicated efforts of the more than 35,000 team members can be seen every day in the energy of bustling cities, the hum of busy factories, and the glow of family homes. Our client’s diverse, global team is comprised of individuals who have vision, who are energized, and empowered to take technology to the next level.
As a Solar Energy Field Service Technician, you will provide service, maintenance, and warranty remediation and commissioning for installed photovoltaic inverters. This position will be responsible for servicing customers located primarily in Arizona, Nevada, and California. All locations are in remote desert environments where extreme heat and desert wildlife are a daily occurrence. Some knowledge in working in this type of environment will prove useful. Responsibilities will include:
• Perform Field Service to ensure 99% up time.
• Diagnose and repair faulted inverters.
• Troubleshoot issues with mechanical and electromechanical.
• Conduct annual periodic maintenance inspections.
• Keep maintenance records of findings.
• Assist with developing maintenance programs.
• Perform start-up and commissioning for new PV inverter installations.
• Inspect physical installation (wiring, connections and mechanical condition).
• Power up, set all required parameters and ensure proper operation.
• Monitor performance and efficiency levels.
• Maintain high customer satisfaction levels by providing excellent customer service.
• Provide accurate and timely product service reports.
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Salary: $22/hour, plus OT
Travel Requirements: Frequent Travel to and from customer locations – daily / monthly. In this position, you will service solar power generation facilities within a 2-5 hour radius.
Supervisory: In this position, you will have minimal supervisory responsibilities; however, self-leadership is a must. You will interface with customers and much of your work is done with great autonomy.
• Short- and Long-term Disability Program
• Paid Vacation, Personal and Holidays
• 401(k) Plan
• Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
• 2 weeks of vacation, 10 paid holidays, 5 sick days, and 3 personal days
• Company Vehicle, computer, cell phone allowance
• Per Diem
Career Progression: There are excellent career opportunities for you. Based on background and performance, there are opportunities in Operations, Quality, Engineering, and Six Sigma.
• Customer-oriented with professional demeanor.
• Thorough knowledge of SPMD product, with regen systems a plus.
• Knowledge of power electronics and controls.
• Knowledge of Modbus serial and Ethernet communications.
• 2 year technical degree and 2-5 years industry work experience with inverters is a plus.
• Great interpersonal, oral, and written skills are required.
• Analytical and quantitative skills.