Position ID: # EB-1193201706
Date Posted: 8/14/2018 9:17:23 PM
Location: Richmond, VA
Salary: $60,000 - $80,000
Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Locations: PDI is looking for a Regional Service Technician in each of the following regions:
1. New York or New Jersey
2. Richmond, VA
3. Northern CA or Arizona
4. Dallas, San Antonio, or Austin, TX
5. Dallas, TX
Salary: $60,000- $80,000 (eligible for a 10% annual salary bonus program based on performance of company and personal objectives)
Travel Requirements: Mostly local with some overnight travel (5-10 over nights per month). You are eligible for a $500/ month car allowance
Shift Work: No
Position Description: As a regional service technician, you will:
• Troubleshoot electrical and electronic problems in a system
• Performs Preventative Maintenance (PM) visits as scheduled
• Conducts start-up installations as scheduled
• Positively represents PDI during all contact with customers and conducts all actions consistent with PDI values. Must have customer focus on all job sites.
• Provides service to all customers when emergency service is needed. Available to react to emergency situations in a timely basis.
• Submits Weekly expense reports online to sure all expenses are accrued and accounted for.
• Ensures that the least cost travel method is obtained within reasonable timeframes.
• Provides back-up to the printed circuit board room, and the plant test bay, as necessary or available.
• Takes adequate measures to ensure that proper tools and supplies to perform all job functions are available. Ensures that the tools are properly stored, secured and cared for.
• Stays informed of all technology changes with the company and industry.
• Provides timely feedback to other departments on any critical observations while performing job in the field; e.g. sales leads to sales department, product quality issues to quality assurance manager, etc.
Requirements: The ideal fit for this position is a Navy Nuclear Ems and technicians from Army and Marine Corps with power backgrounds. The successful candidate will have a strong electrical background with electrical/electrician training from the military. You must have experience with low to medium voltage, transformers, relay systems, and motor controls.
Excellent communication skills are paramount, as this is a customer service position. Candidates must be highly motivated, results-oriented with strong relationship development and interpersonal skills. Opportunities will be created by the focus and persistence of this individual. Cultivation of key relationships can play a significant role in the success of this individual’s effort.
MUST have a good driving record and good credit.