Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Our client specializes in the design and fabrication of signs, displays, and fixtures. From the gleaming monolith that lights up the night sky to wayfinding signage that guides you through airports, hospitals, and resorts, getting you to your destination. The company provides tangible and visual identities for communication through signage. As a natural extension of our signage and fabrication company, they have expanded into the display and fixtures arena, bringing our expertise in fabrication and lighting to display your product and connect to your customer.
Position Description: Project Manager
The job of a Project Manager provides vital support to the Project Management team with day-to-day activities and tasks, such as tracking projects, investigating, and reporting project information, resolving problems.
• Assist in planning and spec analysis in order to provide clear interpretations of the design/drawings/take-off quantities for fabrication
• Submit drawings to design board
• Request and review site surveys, forward to the Design department
• Send Engineering requests
• Review drawings and calculations to make sure the correct building codes were used
• Coordinate and follow through with permit requests including resubmittal, correction letters, QAA Special Instructions, confirm permits, get the corresponding inspections completed in accordance with install schedule and that permits get finalized
• Create, organize and process Change Order requests, Change Order forms and Change Order logs
• Prepare, process, submit and follow up signature requests to our Compliance Team
• Coordinate with upper management expediting fees and submittals
• Correspond with Landlord on behalf of the customer in order to obtain approval to proceed with the project and submit to the City
• Verify subcontractor credibility, provide non-disclosure agreement, and schedule for work as necessary’
• Pull job numbers into the corresponding sales orders for cost management as needed
• Create and help coordinate shipping requests (Production to customer/UPS) including getting delivery confirmation
• Create and track job numbers for project tracking, including using BMI software (Celoxis/PlanGrid)
• Act as liaison between Design Department and customer for any missing or pertinent information
• Oversee all customer approvals of drawings and assure production and vendors receive all approved drawings
• Request vendor and customer information
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date logs.
• Track and communicate project updates to the Project Manager
• Create, transmit, and track responses on all RFI’s generated by the company
• Submit and ship sample requests
• Document all approved material samples
• Procure all close-out documents including warranties, operating and maintenance manuals, and completion reports
• Run job detail reports
• Update project descriptions, quantities, and pricing per the contract
• Review due dates and adjust to match project conditions
• Issue Purchase Order requests based on direction from the Project Manager
• Assemble and submit all production requests from PMs including revisions, warranties, samples, mock-ups, and green folders
• Create and submit install work order to install department
• Maintains customer confidence by keeping service information confidential
• Location: Corona, CA
• Travel Requirements: Up to 30% (mileage reimbursement provided for travel (LA/OC region))
o Associates Degree or 2+ years in Administrative Field
o General knowledge of the construction industry
o Organizing, planning, and customer service orientation
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills
o Great attention to detail and problem solving
o Positive attitude, persistence, and high level of integrity
o Ability to thrive in a self-driven, yet team-oriented environment
o Proficient in MS Office including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word
• Salary: $85,000 - $100,000+ Depending on experience and qualifications.
o Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life
o Vacation and Sick Time
o 401(k) Matching after qualifying period
o Paid holidays
o Referral Program
o Employee Discounts
Keys to Successful Interview:
You must show the interview that you have the drive and desire to succeed in this field. Demonstrate that you are a team player and that you thrive on learning and taking on new responsibilities.
Research the company and be informed. The hiring manager will be able to assess whether you are personality fit within the first five minutes of the conversation (based on demeanor, presence, and personality). Prove through examples that you possess the technical aptitude, communication skills and attention to detail necessary to be successful at Mitsubishi. Show that you are direct (not timid), confident (not arrogant), energetic, engaging, proactive and dedicated to a long-term career. In addition to intangible attributes, you should have a conceptual understanding of project management and how your leadership/operational experience relates to it. To succeed in this position, you need to be able to manage change, be flexible, and communicate effectively! Additionally, you MUST focus on what makes you a successful person. Focus on your accomplishments and achievements, both in the military and out. If you were ranked as #1 out of 15 peers, be proud of that and let the interviewers know that you are a top achiever. Quantify your performance!
Be sure to ask thoughtful questions that demonstrate your knowledge and interest in Mitsubishi Electric, their industry and your career there. Be confident and close the interview by expressing your interest and obtaining commitment for a next step. Close the interview (T.I.N: Thank him/her, share your Interest level and ask for the Next step).
For situational questions:
(“Tell me a time…”, “Give an example…”), deliver examples using the STAR format:
Situation (where, when, etc. – set the stage with detail)
Task (what you were setting out to achieve within a timeframe)
Actions (provide most detail here with what you did, how you did it, who you dealt with, what you said, etc…details!)
Results (tangible, quantifiable result, %s, #s, awards that tie back to the task)
Close the interview (T.I.N: Thank him/her, share your Interest level and ask for the Next step).