Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Reliability Engineer position.
Position Details: Reliability Engineer
Location: Mooresboro, NC
Benefits: Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package to include Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Retirement Benefits, and Disability Insurance.
This position, under minimal supervision, is responsible for providing engineering support for planning, construction, operation and maintenance of buildings and utilities, developing and implementing programmatic methods to ensure safe operation and high equipment reliability/availability, cost effective maintenance, continuous improvement culture, and regulatory compliance. In addition, this individual will be responsible for applying efficient end use technologies to lighting, heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, utility, process, and power systems with the goal of reducing operating costs. This role includes applying maintenance strategies and predictive technologies while optimizing a system’s operational performance, life cycle cost, and payback.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
• Leads and is responsible for the execution of reliability excellence/maintenance program. Writes and maintains reliability maintenance strategy documents.
• Responsible for ranking the criticality of the assets under their care, typically using Reliability Centered Maintenance approaches, and for defining the proactive maintenance approaches that are cost-beneficial to the business.
• Identifies and implements predictive maintenance technologies. Manages predictive maintenance equipment.
• Performs/supports operational event and equipment failure investigations to ensure that the root cause/causal factors have been identified, corrective actions prescribed, and follow-up monitoring conducted as applicable, to determine effectiveness.
• Conducts program and system/equipment audits on a periodic and as needed basis. Audits will generally be focused on safety, regulatory compliance, maintenance effectiveness, cost savings, and energy conservation.
• Participates in the planning, design review, value management and construction document development of renovations.
• Performs life-cycle financial modeling of developed technical solutions. Constructs detailed technical proposals and draft bid documents.
• Supports commissioning activities for all upgrade, renovation, and construction projects which may include, but is not limited to, PM job plans, reviews for maintainability, critical spares, documentation, etc.
• Develop and maintain new “Key Performance Indicators" of equipment reliability. Examples of KPIs are:
o PM schedule compliance
o Budget compliance
o PM Backlog man-hours
o Critical Equipment availability
o Number of breakdowns (Unplanned maintenance)
o Production equipment performance (By output volume levels)
o Equipment performance (with respect to quality)
o Mean Time Between Failure
• Bachelor of Science degree from accredited Institution in, Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or appropriate scientific discipline.
• Certified Plant Engineer or Certified Maintenance Reliability Professional is preferred.
• Minimum 5 years engineering experience, including experience with mechanical design/testing, international quality standards.
• Minimum 3-5 years utility systems/management and/or facilities/plant management and maintenance.
• Experience w/ predictive maintenance technologies.
• Experience w/ Root Cause Failure Analysis, Equipment Criticality Ranking, PM/PdM optimization, and/or Failure Modes and Effects.
• Comprehensive knowledge of engineering principles applied to design, operation and maintenance of building structures and mechanical and electrical equipment for buildings.
• Has an excellent working knowledge of the facilities maintenance subject area, knowledge of the workforce and supplier capabilities as well as an awareness of progressive developments within the industry.