Position ID: # EB-7984583583
Date Posted: 12/2/2022 5:59:30 PM
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Salary: $100,000 - $125,000
Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Title: Manager of Data Center Operations
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Shift or Travel: Please note that this opening is specifically for our Swings Shift which requires the ability to regularly work from 2:00pm to 10:00 pm PST, Monday through Friday.
Compensation: Compensation for this role includes a base salary between $100k and $125k annually. This role is also eligible for an annual bonus and equity, based on individual and company performance.
• Medical and Vision coverage through Cigna Heath Care
• Telemedicine through MDLive
• Dental Insurance through Delta Dental
• Life Insurance and Short-Term & Long-term Disability Insurance fully paid by the company
• Voluntary coverage benefits for Life and AD&D, Critical Illness, Accident Coverage, and Hospital Indemnity
• Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Plans and Health Saving Account (HSA) Plans
• 401(k) retirement savings plan with a generous company contribution
• Discretionary Annual Bonus and Equity Incentive Plan
• 15 days of Flextime
• 11 paid Company Holidays and Floating Holidays
• School Visitation and Elder Care Paid Time
• Parental Leave
• Free parking or a company contribution toward a public transit pass
Vaccine Requirement: No
As a leader in the company’s Operations team, the Manager - Data Center Operations is responsible for all operational aspects and uptime of the data center. The manager is responsible for providing Field level technical expertise and program management for the maintenance and operation of the electrical, mechanical, fire life safety, security, and communications infrastructure as well as any applicable base building support systems. All Data Center Operations staff reports through the Manager - Data Center Operations.
• Expert understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems used in a data center environment, including, but not limited to the following: electrical distribution and layout, Transformers, PLC’s, Generators, Switchgear, UPS systems, STS’, ATS’ PDU’s, Chilled Water Systems, CRAC/CRAH’s, Pre-Action Sprinkler Systems
• Expert knowledge of fiber optics / cabling infrastructure and industry best practices.
• Expert knowledge in industrial safety best practices (i.e. lockout/tag out, arc flash protection, OSHA and state regulations)
• Expert knowledge and experienced with data trending / tracking and analysis and ability to rapidly learn and use PC based, integrated critical monitoring systems
• Expert knowledge of OSHA, NFPA, and NEC.
• Expert knowledge of energy efficiency best practices.
• Strong background in Electrical, Mechanical, Protection, and controls systems commissioning.
• Expert knowledge in physical security and security systems.
• Proven knowledge of tenant contracts.
• Minimum of 7-10 years of experience installing, maintaining, and/or troubleshooting large commercial and industrial systems.
• Experienced people manager across multiple disciplines.
• Expert vendor management skills including service contract management.
• Experienced project management skills, including budgeting, time tracking, schedule creation, scope development, contract management
• Excellent skills in facility budgeting and forecasting.
• Experienced vendor and contact manager.
• Experienced in the design, construction, and commissioning of critical systems and buildings.