Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Project Coordinator position.
Title: Project Coordinator
Location: West Point, PA (Philadelphia)
Overtime Pay: Over 45 hours per week paid straight time
Key Benefits: 401k with Match (5%) – Relocation Assistance – Temp Living Expenses for relocation
Day to Day Activities:
• Identifying and working to remove barriers to successful completion of the overall project
• Providing timely project status updates to the Project Managers
• Maintaining and updating company database
• Generating customized reports
• Serving as primary point of contact with external vendor representatives and functional consultants on overall strategic and technical project matters
• Handling all correspondence between general contractor, owner, architect, and subcontractors
What You’ll Need to Bring to the Table:
• Engineering backgrounds preferred, but strong operations candidates will be considered
• Experience in Lean Project Delivery areas of knowledge, familiarity, experience, and possibly expertise would include; Target Value Design (TVD), Choosing By Advantage (CBA), Last Planner/Pull Planning, 6 S’s, Modularization and/or Offsite Construction, and general Lean Project Delivery methods, best practices, guidelines, and principles.
• Ideal candidates will have construction experience, either in the military or the private sector.
• Candidates that do not possess construction experience must have the below:
• Project Management or some type of managerial experience in the military would be a plus
• Be organized and neat, both in appearance and with their work area
• Desire and motivation to learn and expand their knowledge of Construction Safety, and become OSHA 10/ 30
• Desire and motivation to learn and expand their knowledge in Construction means, methods, and activities
• Desire and motivation to participate in our client’s continuous improvement training
• Desire and motivation to learn and expand their knowledge in LEAN Construction and Lean Project Delivery philosophies, methods, tools, processes, and procedures
• Ability to anticipate, anticipate, and anticipate……………..and learn to become an even better anticipator!
• Desire and motivation to learn and expand their knowledge of Project Controls including planning/scheduling,
cost control, change control, and earned progress management
Why I Would Take This Job:
This is an awesome opportunity with an organization that understands and appreciates both your education and technical skills, but also your leadership, project management, and other skills you’ve gained in the service. Our client has hired multiple JMO’s through Orion for this role, which is leading major construction efforts for one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical manufacturers. Our client will mentor and guide you while learning the industry while also counting on you to provide results to their clients right off the bat. Of the three veterans that we’ve placed with our client, all are extremely happy there and producing at a high level.