Position ID: # EB-6134638472
Date Posted: 6/15/2021 8:09:50 PM
Location: Houston, TX
Salary: $70,000 - $90,000
Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Position: Sr. Process Analyzer – Field Service Technician
The field service technician role is responsible for performing both on-site field maintenance and demand service jobs for Siemens process analyzers and equipment. On-site maintenance would include preventative maintenance and repair at a fixed customer location, while demand service includes travelling to multiple customer sites to perform start-up, commissioning, and/or repair services. The Houston-based Field Service group is part of the Customer Service department within the Analytical Products business unit of Siemens Industry, Inc. The Siemens Digital Industries AP business unit manufactures the Siemens Maxum Gas Chromatograph, Continuous Gas analyzers, System Integration projects, and provides support for Siemens analytical products. These technicians are located throughout the continental US and are responsible for supporting North America, South America, Mexico, and Canada service activities.
Location: Houston, TX
Salary & Benefits: 70K-90K (depending on experience)
Siemens offers an excellent benefits package including consumer-driven health plan (full medical/dental/vision); ADD/STD/LTD and life insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care; tuition assistance; a matching 401K – dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary; supplementary company pension plan; other fringe benefits (product / service discounts, exceptional work-life balance programs, scholarship programs for children, generous vacation / leave policies, etc.). Extensive product training and professional career development.
• Troubleshooting and repairing of complex analytical systems.
• Gathering parts, drawings, and additional information needed to perform the service job to the highest level of ability.
• Ensuring readiness for site by completing all of the safety requirements to gain access to the customer’s site. This includes safety training at local councils, background checks, and drug tests, etc. (This position participates in a random drug testing program)
• Answering technical customer questions, troubleshooting over the phone, offering solutions, and support to the customer when necessary.
• Providing guidance to colleague field service technicians. Work as a team to provide the highest level of support and ensure skill sharing with other technicians.
• Continuous skill growth and improvement to stay current with products.
• Working with Research and Development to ensure the factory is aware of field issues/successes.
• Must be willing to travel 50% of time. International travel may be required. Majority of travel will be in the US.
• Technical AAS/Bachelor Degree from accredited school or equivalent experience. Military experienced desired – Navy Nuclear candidates encouraged to apply!
• Analytical Experience
• Technical knowledge in Gas Chromatographs and Sample Systems desired, but will train.
• System Integration knowledge including alarm systems, electrical wiring, troubleshooting experience.