Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals as well as civilians for Area Field Project Manager positions with a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation, and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport, and infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, our client is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products.
Location: Central / Northern NJ (can live anywhere between Camden and Newark and North)
Compensation: $90K – $100K base
Travel Requirements: 30% Regional Travel
• Short- and long-term Disability Program
• 401(k) Plan
• Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
• Computer, Cell Phone
• Any mileage is reimbursed at the IRS rate.
Career Progression: There are excellent career opportunities for you. Based on background and performance, there are opportunities in Service, Operations, Quality, Engineering, and Six Sigma.
As an Area Field Project Manager, you will be at the heart of the organization, meeting and exceeding customer expectations while helping to build a sustainable and profitable future. You will have the opportunity to tackle some of the most innovative and complex engineering projects in the world today. The role reports to the Global Product Group Manager. As an Area Field Project Manager, you will be managing projects in the regions. You will ensure safe, efficient, and effective project execution to align with company goals. Responsibilities will include:
• Assigned to a region to manage service projects including time & material (T&M) and fixed price jobs.
• Work with proposal team to review orders from a technical and commercial standpoint during order entry.
• Ensure customer requirements are in line with company’s contractual obligations.
• Manage the entire project including:
o HSE compliance (SDSP, PICW (Person in Charge of Work)), Ordering materials, managing deliveries, finding vendors for specials needs, receive of material in SAP, tracking material from vendors, and documentation of customer and test reports.
o Develop project schedule including labor, delivery of drawings, execution in the shop, on-time shipment, and invoicing coordination and execution.
o Tracking and ownership of all profits and costs for the project.
o Work closely with finance and service directors to update forecasting tool.
o Own the customer relationship and be the primary contact for all project-related matters including technical inquiries and concerns from the customer.
o Coordinate and resolve technical questions/issues that arise in the field.
o Support and own all aspects of the project to enhance shipped margin opportunities while also taking actions to minimize risks.
o Ensure projects are closed out timely with all costs accounted for.
o Provide status/progress updates to all stakeholders with appropriate level of detail.
o Responsible for quotation and booking of change orders. Initiate price change requests, apply mark-ups, prepare quotations, and implement schedule changes, as appropriate.
o Resolve disputes involving invoicing, back charges, escalation, delays, warranty, and cost of quality charges.
o Collaborate cross-functionally in a coordinated and professional way to create a team environment that achieves project success.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering OR Business Field preferred, and up to 5 years of relevant experience OR a special combination of education and experience and/ or demonstrated accomplishments in the following areas:
o Power delivery equipment, Relay experience, 3 phase power theory, Power systems studies, Managing electrical contractors, Transmission and distribution experience, Power Generation/Generator Plant experience.
• Project management experience preferred.
• Strong communicator and a team-oriented mindset.
• Ability to manage multi-projects and priorities simultaneously.
• Must have a strong reputation for customer focus.
• Must be familiar and have practical experience with SAP, MS Word, MS Project, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and other office software.
• Must be able to read engineering drawings and specifications.
• Experience in dealing with the cultural diversity of a global business environment.
• Maintain high standards for safety and housekeeping and assure compliance with all environmental regulations.