Position ID: # EB-2117961066
Date Posted: 2/3/2023 2:42:14 PM
Location: Orleans, MA
Salary: $65,000 - $85,000
Job DescriptionPosition Details:
Title: Project Manager
Location: Orleans, MA
Shift: M-F 8a-5p
Compensation: $65,000-$85,000 + Bonus potential
Travel: All travel will be in and around the Cape Cod area
Vaccine Requirement: No
Position Description: The Project Manager’s job responsibilities involve both field and office work. S/he works closely with the design team, other project managers, and the construction team to carry out the goals and priorities of the client and company. The PM collaborates with the design team to ensure a rapid and smooth transition from project design to construction. The PM also collaborates with the production manager, crew leaders, and other staff to supervise and facilitate the construction process and is responsible for assuring a consistently safe and healthy work environment for all involved with company projects under his/her supervision.
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously in all phases of the project.
• Apply a high level of technical expertise in ecological restoration to ensure that the company consistently produces the highest quality of work. This includes performing all work in a manner that is based on current scientific findings, scientifically-defensible arguments, and techniques related to professional land management and ecological restoration.
• Work with internal company design team to develop design plans and project strategies within the parameters of the consulting contracts.
• Lead presentations as needed in collaboration with the project team at regulatory review meetings (primarily local-level Conservation Commission public hearings) for the purpose of discussing the technical aspects, ecological benefits and services, implementation approach and regulatory compliance of company-developed projects.
• Collaborate with the internal company team in scheduling jobs and assigning construction staff to specific projects to achieve maximum efficiency in a safe environment.
The best candidates will have prior project management experience, particularly in the in the ecological space. Ecological education experience or degree is adequate I lieu of the professional experience. This role requires great communication, teamwork, attention to detail and excellent customer service. These projects will mostly at private residences and will interact daily with homeowners and builders. Familiarity with the MA Wetlands Protection Act and experience with landscape construction, ecological restoration or bioengineering construction will be the most helpful in this position. Previous experience in a supervisory position is also needed due to the nature of the daily leadership required as a PM.