Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Title: Field Service Technician
Location: San Fernando Valley, CA
Shift: Day Shift, Monday - Friday
Compensation: $65K - $70K+ starting annualized wage depending on experience and qualifications plus OT.
Benefits: Full health benefits, Mileage reimbursement provided during the first year. Vehicle provided after the first year (insurance and fuel covered by company)
Travel: travel within the NY region as needed (50% on a weekly basis), Supporting local hospital sites.
Vaccine Requirement: Required
The Field Service Technician (FST) is responsible for developing the knowledge and expertise needed to move into a Service Engineer (SE) position and service the product lines. The FST will undergo extensive training to prepare for open SE positions as they become available. During the training period, which will last approximately 9 months, the FST will travel frequently throughout the U.S., when not attending formal training classes. Upon completion of the training program, the FST will be utilized to supplement existing territories, support emerging territories and other field needs for up to six months until they assume a permanent assignment in a U.S. service district. The FST is expected to move into an open SE position in a service district as they become available.
• Successfully complete all training to perform the duties of a Service Engineer (SE).
• During training program, travel to various U.S. service districts to work with a mentor or
assist with SE related tasks.
• Upon successful completion of the training program, work as an SE in various service
districts as needed for periods up to six months.
• Travel during the training period may be up to 90% within the United States
• Accept an SE or related position after the successful completion of program.
• Demonstrate the ability to perform SE duties and responsibilities after training.
o Install, maintain, and repair instruments and systems, including:
• Identifying and analyzing instrument problems.
• Repairing to meet specifications.
• Performing pre-installation site surveys, installations, scheduled maintenance, and approved modifications in accordance with policies.
• Scheduling modifications as indicated in the Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) and Engineering Change Request (ECR) processes.
• Monitor and respond to communication devices during all scheduled times.
• Properly document all service-related activities in a timely and professional manner including inventory, service orders, expense reports, and all other required records.
o Perform duties within defined service standards, including but not limited to on-time and within labor hour goals for scheduled maintenance, demand service events, installations, and first-visit repair rates.
o Support and provide ownership of technical issues at existing customer sites.
o Work cross-functionally with other associates to ensure total customer resolution and maximize very satisfied customer base.
o Miscellaneous duties include:
• Maintain expenses within guidelines.
• Maintain high level of customer account management and organization skills.
• Maintain control of parts inventory and all company property
• Perform duties in such a manner as to develop confidence, promote goodwill, and maintain or improve credibility regarding quality of products and customer service.
• Promote effective, positive, and productive communication and teamwork between all personnel.
• Associates degree or equivalent in electronics, or military service and training in electronics or equivalent.
• Electronics and/or laboratory science.
• Completion of the company’s certified instrument training.
• A valid driver’s license or ability to obtain one, within 90 days.
• 5+ years of previous electro-mechanical troubleshooting experience.
• Must be willing to relocate to any of our service districts throughout the U.S.
• Excellent command of English, both verbal and written; second language desirable
• General computer knowledge in a Windows environment is required. Basic knowledge of LIS systems and interfacing principles desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to explain in simple and understandable terms complex technical information associated with the company’s instrument systems.
• Outstanding listening skills, patience and understanding.
• Demonstrated presentation and influence skills.
• Team orientation; demonstrated facilitation skills.
• Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure or job ambiguity); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
• Ability to maintain a high energy level and positive attitude.
Company Description: Renowned worldwide for the very finest in quality, innovative diagnostic equipment, and information-management systems, our client apply science to enhance the quality of life on a global scale. Their agile, resourceful team is committed to realizing critical breakthroughs in laboratory diagnostics, information technology, workflow analysis and life sciences for the clinical laboratory. Our client believes it is possible to advance technology while caring for the environment, shareholder interests and communities. This enduring commitment is put into practice every day by their associates. Their corporate philosophy embraces providing products and services that meet or exceed laboratory standards while employing ethical and responsible business practices.