Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a O&M Commercial Portfolio Manager
Position Description: The O&M Commercial Portfolio Manager is responsible for comprehensive management of key O&M customer accounts, which have offices in North America. Duties include communication, monitoring, and tracking activities (domestically and/or internationally) as well being a key contact and advocate for one or more of the company’s top O&M customers.
• Develop a thorough understanding of the customer’s strategy, priorities, organization, and methodologies in North America and internationally, as applicable.
• Develop strong relationships with domestic and international colleagues, and communication structures at all relevant levels within the organization (i.e. engineering, purchasing, finance, executive management). Leads collaboration and engagement with Solar Monitoring Center to ensure Project compliance with various ISO, utility, etc. requirements. Engage with Procurement team to efficiently track materials, communicate schedule with customer as required.
• Develop strategy for improved customer value and increased level of service.
• Demonstrate responsibility for all phases of timely reporting per contract requirements and manage client reporting requirements for employee HSSE training and certifications. This also includes responsibility for new portfolio operational ramp-up activities such as the site punch list identification process.
• Work closely with internal users to develop and implement Operation focused feedback for configuration, planned and unplanned maintenance, and activities. Identify and track unique site operational requirements, including Project Conditions of Use Permitting requirements, unique host customer requirements, site access requirements, etc.
• Present the face of the company with the customer in a positive and professional manner. Engage in weekly status meeting with customer Asset Managers. Engage with customer to solve mutual issues around IT challenges, data management, inventory tracking, etc.
• Focusing on performance and deliverables within the framework of the Operating Plan.
• Actively monitors performance, regional interaction, and other relevant activities of account, reports relevant aspects, and facilitates involvement when appropriate.
• Implement and improve processes as needed to facilitate increased levels of service and ensure the assigned contract meets budget requirements
• Lead projects utilizing well-established project management fundamentals.
• Provide effective project presentations to demonstrate project status and value to both internal and external customers.
• Responsible for reviewing work order requests from the Solar Monitoring Center to determine if the work is billable or non-billable per the contract terms. Assign priority based on judgment and guidance from the Operational Performance PM, approve and assign action-worthy WOs and reject false-positive and non-actionable WOs.
• Track and process Billable Service reports, resolve disputes and disagreements on Invoices, etc.
• Other duties as may be required or assigned.
• A bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or a related technical field is preferred.
• PMP Certification is preferred.
• NABCEP Certification is strongly preferred.
• At least 3 years of experience with a proven track record of managing multiple accounts preferred.
• At least 3 years of experience in a PV Solar service role are required.
• Cross-Functional project management experience is preferred.
• Experience in the renewable energy sector is preferred.
• Strong analytical capabilities and ability to thrive in cross functional and team environments.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills to work as a team.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Strong organizational and communication skills are required.
• Knowledge of renewable energy sector preferred.
• Proven Leadership skills are required.
• Excellent presentation and negotiation skills are required.
• Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is required. German and/or Spanish language skills are a plus.
• High Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) is required.
• Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are required.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively.
• Ability to work well independently.
• A valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record are required.
• This position may require up to 25% domestic and international travel.
• Availability and Ability to Travel Internationally.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Salary: $75k
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance
• 401k match
• 16 days of PTO & 12 paid national holidays