Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Title: Field Service Engineer
Location: Remote – Southern California (Los Angeles, OC, San Diego)
Shift: Day Shift (M-F)
Compensation: Pay: $33 - $35+ DOEQ w/ monthly vehicle allowance, OT, and discretionary annualized bonus.
Benefits: Performance-related bonus incentive. Comprehensive benefits including health plans, income protection, retirement, and savings packages. Monthly vehicle allowance, added to HTA’s insurance, company credit card, tuition reimbursement, company paid holidays, vacation based on service, and casual work environment.
Travel: 90% via car/air to cover the SoCal area as needed
Vaccine Requirement: Required
In this developmental position, the Field Service Engineer (FSE) is spending a large portion of their time training under close supervision. The FSE typically receives detailed instructions on all work assignments, acquires job skills, and learns company policies and procedures to perform routine tasks. The FSE learns the hookup process for specific tools as well as their basic operation. Continued training programs are given to develop specific instrument skills, knowledge, and service techniques. The FSE is interfacing with customers and developing relationships with co-workers and managers working in the analytical instrumentation market.
• Complete assigned On the Job Training (OJT) with the goal of instrument certification.
• Complete assigned formal training with a grade of 75 or more on all tests.
• Pick up and return messages and service calls from customers in a manner meeting service department policies.
• Maintain appropriate records of all work performed in company service system.
• Manage and maintain traveling inventory according to department policies and procedures.
• Protect and maintain company property (i.e., traveling inventory, company car, test equipment, tools, etc.).
• Fill out timecard and expense reports weekly.
• Maintain record of all training received.
• Comply and adhere to company policies.
• Portray professionalism and pride in appearance while conforming to policies.
• Provide a positive attitude to all employees and customers.
• Other duties as assigned.
• AS degree in Electrical. Electronics Engineering, physics, or chemistry or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• BS degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering preferred.
• Knowledge of analog and digital circuitry.
• Experience using digital volt meters, oscilloscopes, hand tools, and computers.
• Ability to read electrical schematic.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of physics and chemistry.
• Must have and retain valid driver’s license in resident State. Must be insurable by our insurance company.
• Must be eligible for and receive company credit card.
• Willingness to relocate and/or travel.
• Demonstrate strong work ethic.
• Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills with management, co-workers, internal and external customer.
• Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate information to customers and management regarding service activities and schedules.
• Demonstrate ability to follow precise instruction.
• Demonstrate ability to perform selected routine service calls (Preventive Maintenance and Basic Emergency Service) on one or more models of a product line (measured by instrument certification).
• Demonstrate ability to hookup and obtain a signal on instruments selected by immediate manager.
• The ability to work from schematics using various test equipment and mathematical calculations specific to chromatography and spectroscopy equipment.
• Ability to effectively interface with customers, service department personnel and others.
• Ability to provide preventive maintenance and basic emergency service on specified instruments.
Our client is a privately-owned global affiliate company that operates within their sister companies. The company sells and services semiconductor manufacturing equipment, analytical instrumentation, scientific instruments, bio-related products as well as industrial equipment, electronic devices, electronic and industrial materials, consumer electronic products, wireless mobile telephones, and hard disk manufacturing systems.
The company’s professionals make contributions of lasting significance for customers through concentration on innovative design, utilization of the world’s most advanced technologies, comprehensive marketing, and versatile sales and service experience. Employees work to deliver a brand of products and services that meet or exceed customer expectations in terms of value, reputation, and dependability. Although deeply committed to business success, the Company’s culture embraces and employs values of corporate social responsibility, environmental awareness, risk management, and import/export compliance.