Position ID: # EB-3356350768
Date Posted: 9/3/2021 10:00:18 AM
Location: Salem, NH
Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Vacuum Pump Technician positions with a company that specializes in the sale, service rebuild and repair of industrial vacuum pumps, equipment, and high vacuum pump technology.
Location: Salem, NH
Pay: $44,000 with opportunity to earn overtime
As a Vacuum Pump Technician, you will be responsible for disassembly, reassembly, and inspecting a variety of vacuum pumps. You will regularly perform repair and rebuild along with testing to meet company quality standards. Responsibilities will include:
• Disassemble, decontaminate, clean, and inspect vacuum pumps for repair.
• Perform repair/rebuild of pumps using manufacturer specifications to ensure proper operation.
• Test equipment to meet quality control requirements.
• Record all testing results
• Cross functional communication with other departments in order to complete repair objectives and improve company processes.
• Read and understand OEM manuals and drawings.
• Operate forklift and/or other heavy equipment if necessary.
• Maintain safety standards in all aspects of the facility.
• Ideal fit for this role is a military veteran with mechanical and maintenance experience. If you have performed preventative and corrective maintenance with systems and understand how to troubleshoot you are the ideal candidate for this role.
• High school diploma or GED Required.
• One (1) year in a mechanic or related role required.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• Ability to work with hand and power tools.
• Ability to operate a forklift and/or other heavy equipment if necessary.
• Proven history of working with hand tools and measuring devices.
• Proven history of working in a detail-oriented role
• Working knowledge of the vacuum industry preferred, but not necessary.
• Ability to drive customer success through the building of strong customer relationships and the delivery of customer centric solutions.
• Ability to improve business results by embracing change and creating innovative ways for the company to be successful, while taking on tough challenges in order to deliver results.
• Proven history of exhibiting a “Lead Myself” mentality. Taking on accountability for your individual mission and take responsibility for your own self development.
• Capability of focusing on team success, working collaboratively with others while looking for better ways to deliver lasting results and a willingness to share knowledge and experience with team members.
• Willingness to commit to sustainable growth through conducting business in an ethical manner that supports sustainability goals while contributing to creating and maintaining a safe and healthy workplace environment.
• Proven verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate remotely as well as in person.
• Ability to work in an environment that includes physical demands such as: Prolonged standing, moderate physical exertion, lifting 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds frequently.