Position ID: # EB-7702314046
Date Posted: 4/11/2023 10:07:47 PM
Location: Washington, DC
Min Years Experience: 6
Salary: $90,000 - $90,000
Job DescriptionPosition Details:
• Title: Regional Project Manager
• Location: Washington DC (would also consider Boston, MA)
• Compensation: Competitive based on experience and qualifications (starting base of $90K - $110k depending on ability to validate competencies during interview)
• Benefits: Healthcare benefits include medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage. FSA, PTO, 401 (k) matching, insurance, disability, and participation in the Tuition Reimbursement Program is available.
• Travel: Expect at least 40% as needed between regions (DC and Boston region)
o If based out of Boston, will require more travel to the DC area
• Vaccine Requirement: No
The function of this position is to manage elevator and escalator construction projects to meet or exceed business plan gross profit objectives (original and midyear plans) at time of closing while meeting and satisfying customer expectations. The hiring manager is seeking a proven construction professional to step into this role and execute on project goals within the first year.
• Monitor and control the projects assigned. Ensure that all projects achieve the targeted profit goals and meet customers’ expectations. Ensure all projects are executed on time according to customer contract terms and conditions.
• Closely examine costs on each project. Be responsible in making sure that estimates at completion are forecasted accurately for all projects on a monthly basis. Scrutinize each completed project, identify the lessons learned or overlooked, then incorporate the new knowledge into day-to-day operations, and future projects of similar stature.
• Control the project schedule. Directly responsible for timely material orders. Be proactive and make certain that internal and external engineering questions are answered quickly and clearly in order to keep the material delivery on schedule. Know standard lead-times and ensure all submittals are approved with plenty of time to allow for posted and established lead-times
• Maintain excellent customer relations. Handle all customer correspondence related to the assigned projects.
• Strictly follow established project management guidelines. Maintain organized project documentation. Document and
clearly correspond the company’s position to protect the company’s interests.
• Review all projects’ performance weekly and flag any problems or potential problems upon discovery.
• Knowledge and detailed review of contractual agreements of each project. When necessary, negotiate contractual scope of work items for each project.
• Communicate with Developers/Owners, Architects, Engineers, and Contractors in a clear, accurate, and concise fashion.
• Directly responsible for maintaining positive cash flow and providing financial results at closing on each
• The Hiring Manager is looking for someone who is excited about the company, is humble, adaptive, creative and flexible.
• Four-year college degree (Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Architectural Engineering or Mechanical Engineering is strongly preferred)
• Previous project management experience in construction working with contractors, sub-contractors, and vendors
• Previous construction project management experience in the military (Army COE, Navy/Marine CEC) performing new construction, retrofits, or upgrades to facilities
• Strong people skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong mechanical/technical aptitude
• Ability to handle adversity calmly
• Construction Management Experience (Preferred but not required)
• Sales and/or Industry Operations Experience (Preferred but not required)
• Any related Project Management courses or certifications (Preferred)