Job Ref: # EB-1574207237
Date Posted: 11/7/2023 3:35:37 PM
City, State: Washington, DC
Salary: $75,000 - $88,000
Job DescriptionPosition Details: BMS Controls Specialist
• Location: Washington DC/Northern VA/MD
• Shift or Travel: Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. Infrequent weekend work is needed.
• Compensation: $75K to $88K (depending on exp) + OT and $800 per month car allowance.
• Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental and life insurance, 401K with a company match, paid PTO, Paid sick time and paid Holidays
• Vaccine Requirement: Yes
• Performs start up, checking, testing, system diagnostics and commissioning from system-level controllers to end devices for small to medium sized new or retrofit projects.
• Performs preventative and predictive maintenance service activities to ensure optimal performance of system.
• Provides emergency service and response to customer sites as dispatched.
• Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair and/or replace control components and controls systems. Also, the ability to troubleshoot mechanical, HVAC and electrical issues as related to the BAS Control system operation.
• Ability to load and update software on network controllers, field controllers, computers and servers.
• Understanding complex control systems including diagnosing and troubleshooting networking and integration.
• Ability to write, create, load, test and commission programming software and graphics utilizing various programming languages and software.
• Performs and executes assigned work efficiently and professionally.
• Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Meets regularly with customer to become familiar with operating problems. Keeps customer informed on the nature of service provided, outstanding issues and recommends system enhancements, upgrades, and or replacement.
• Trains the customer in control systems operations including obtaining customer training form, providing training certificates.
• Completes, compiles and submits job documentation such as commissioning documentation, punch lists, etc. Marks up controls submittals to capture field changes and discrepancies for engineering to create As-Builts.
• Interfaces with Operations Manager, project manager or subcontractors on projects to coordinate activities as required in an ethical and professional manner. Reports problems or changes to management immediately.
• Assists sales by providing technical recommendations for sales leads and proposals for retrofits, upgrades and or enhancements to existing equipment. May assist with job layouts.
• Completes and submits timely electronic documentation including but not limited to time sheets, expense reports, and on-site documentation.
• Conducts extensive self-study (reading, research and practice) to improve and maintain technical proficiency in company's product lines. Completes certifications as required by the company
• Requires extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems
• Vocational School four-year program graduate or an associate degree in electronics, mechanical systems, computer technology, air conditioning or similar field. Military experience / training is a substitute.
• Degree may be offset by two years of experience in servicing electronic and or mechanical systems.
• Five to seven years of increasingly responsible experience in servicing electronic controls and or HVAC equipment. Ability to coordinate the work of others on multiple job sites.
• Effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts in an ethical and professional manner.
• Must have experience in writing as well as demonstrated understanding of computer programs and software applications.
• Valid Driver’s license with a clean record.