Professional behavior, communication, and etiquette throughout the job search
At Orion Talent, we are grateful to have found careers for 44,000 Veterans since 1991 and are proud to represent the highest caliber of military candidates. Professional behavior, trust, ethics and effective communication are the foundation on which a successful job search, interviews, and subsequent employment contracts are built. We pledge to treat you with integrity, professionalism, and to communicate with you in a forthright manner, and ask the same from you in return, so that we can best assist you with your career search.
There has been an alarming increase in candidates not acting professionally or ethically - not returning phone calls, showing up late or not showing up at all for scheduled interviews, not being forthright about their professional background and experience, not acting professionally in an interview, or accepting an offer and then withdrawing or not showing up for the first day of work. This behavior is creating an unstable recruiting environment that not only affects hiring companies, but also current and future opportunities for our candidates - you, and fellow Veterans.
In an effort to best assist you with your career search we respectfully ask that you commit yourself to the following Code of Conduct:
- Return phone calls, emails or texts in a timely and professional manner
- Arrive at all scheduled interviews on time and dressed professionally
- Set aside time for interview preparation and arrive to interviews as prepared as possible
- Respond to offers of interviews or offers of employment in a timely manner
- Honor your commitment once you have formally accepted an offer
- Show up at your assigned place of duty after accepting an offer
Failure to follow our Code of Conduct may result in the following:
- Damage to your reputation, that of other military candidates, and Veteran hiring in general.
- Your behavior will be noted in the interviewing company's applicant tracking system as well as Orion's. Your ability to interview with that company will be lost in the future.
- Preclude you from further utilizing the services of Orion Talent.
Our ultimate goal is to provide you with the best career search experience possible, but this is a partnership and requires a mutual commitment. By committing to engage with Orion and utilize our services within your job search, you affirm that you have read and agree to abide by the Orion Talent Code of Conduct.
Please contact me if you have any questions, and thank you for trusting your career search to Orion Talent!
Candidate Experience Manager / Orion Talent