Position ID: # EB-1455422526
Date Posted: 9/23/2022 8:53:14 AM
Location: Ashburn, VA
Industry: Data Centers
Salary: $70,000 - $80,000
Job DescriptionOrion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Field Service Engineer.
Location: Ashburn, VA (some flexibility on location)
Compensation: $70,000 to $80,000. In addition, a $500/month car allowance is paid out and all travel costs are covered by company credit card. There is opportunity for overtime.
Shift: Day shift hours Monday-Friday.
Benefits: Offering highly competitive salary and benefits.
Travel Requirements: Overnight travel can range up to 30%- that said, much of the work is in Northern VA. Monday to Friday work week is the norm.
Position Description: Field Service Engineer
Provide field service for Switchgear Equipment at customer sites throughout assigned territory. This will include installation supervision, startup, commissioning, and repair. Works comfortably in a remote environment, is self-motivated, and operates without the need for direct supervision/guidance. Duties include:
• Installation Supervision, testing, commissioning, maintenance and repair work for low voltage Switchgear, Transformers etc. in a professional way.
• Prepare of technical reports/ test sheets, monitoring of spare parts, tools / equipment, consumables etc.
• Maintain and follow safety regulations.
• Attend all appropriate site meetings.
• Interfaces with Project Management and Site personnel.
• Able to be on call after normal working hours
• Able to respond and arrive to emergency calls in 2 hours.
• Able to work required overtime when required.
• Able to work weekends when required.
• Able to work in Factory Testing when required
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a high-pressure and time sensitive environment.
• Excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent organizational, planning and communication/people skills.
• Proficient in the use of Excel, Word, Project, and Outlook software.
• Must be able to work independently or as a team member, self-directed and highly motivated.
• Experience in the power industry is mandatory.
• US Citizen with valid passport or ability to apply
• Driver’s License with clean driving record.
• Electrical power generation and distribution AC/DC.
• Reading/Understanding electrical schematics.
• Testing Equipment including Multimeter, Current meter, and Megger
• Electrical Power Systems
• Control Power troubleshooting to the circuit board or component level
• Switchgear, Power Distribution Units, and Remote Power Panels