• Title: Field Service Engineer
• Location: Akron, OH; Stamford, CT; Fredericksburg, VA; Austin, TX; Phoenix, AZ
• Shift: You will work from home and typically operate at clients’ sites during normal office hours, M-F, 8am-5pm. Understand you will often be travelling to/from client sites outside normal business hours and this is where you accumulate most of your overtime hours.
• Compensation: W2: $95,000+ (base salary + OT & quarterly bonuses + additional travel bonuses)
• Benefits: Benefits start on day one: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- & long-term disability, travel insurance, FSA, employee assistance program, matching 401k, 15 paid vacation days, laptop, wi-fi card, cell phone, new personal use company vehicle with all expenses paid or monthly car allowance.
• Travel: You can expect 2-3 nights of overnight travel per week. Occasional short-term travel to help other regions, trade shows, and company training events at their headquarters in Marlborough, MA.
As a Field Service Engineer you will provide field service support to install, conduct preventative maintenance, troubleshoot, repair, and retrofit company products and services. Beyond customer service and support, you will be required to liaison between the company field support team and the customer to plan installation of equipment at new customer sites and provide follow-on support for the operational aspects of the equipment and software. Expect to work normal daytime hours M-F, accruing 10-15 hours of overtime per week on average.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide optimum customer satisfaction on all company products and services.
• Install, monitor, assess, troubleshoot, and repair equipment within your assigned area of responsibility.
• Install and maintain wired computer networks.
• Provide remote diagnosis/repair support.
• Relay repetitive field service failures/equipment issues to Tier 3 specialists.
• Complete and submit regulatory and company required documentation.
• Represent the company at technical shows and exhibitions as required.
Ideal candidates for this position will have 4+ years of military or industry experience with electronic/electrical process equipment and controls. You will eventually gain proficiency in all the areas below, but be sure to discuss if you have any experience in these areas:
• Previous field service/product installation experience
• Basic wired and wireless network integration experience
• Knowledge of basic anatomy & physiology of the eye
All applicants must have:
• Skills in operation, test, maintenance, alignment, and repair procedures for electrical equipment & controls.
• Ability to produce high quality work under pressure and within tight timelines with little to no supervision.
• Ability to effectively communicate with customers, co-workers, and supervisors in formal & informal settings.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Dedication to the team and a sense of flexibility.
• Ability to stand, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, & crawl, frequently lift more than 25lbs.
• Color vision and the ability to see close objects.
• Safe driving record – Let us know if you have any drug/alcohol driving infractions before your interview.