Find Jobs for Military Veterans in Missouri
Missouri Job Search for Transitioning and Former JMOs, NCOs, and Enlisted Technicians
The cost of living in Missouri is lower than the national average, especially in housing costs. This four-season state has an abundance of different outdoor activities, festivals, and scenic landscapes that can be enjoyed year round.
The Top Industries for Veterans in Missouri
Missouri's major industries include aerospace, food processing, chemicals, and more. Led by Monsanto, one of the largest gene companies in America based in St. Louis, the state has a growing science and biotechnology field.
Please keep in mind that these jobs represent only a small percentage of the positions we currently have available. If you don't find what you're looking for, it does not mean that we're not hiring in your desired industry or location - be sure to register and a recruiter will be in contact with you about the jobs that are a match for your background, desires and qualifications.
Field Service Technician
Job Ref: # EB-2053857958
Date Posted: 9/20/2023 2:36:55 PM
City, State: St. Louis, MO
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Field Service positions with the global leader in providing protective packaging and technical molded filling and part.
Position Details: Field Service Technician
Location: St. Louis, MO
Shift: Generally, a traditional day shift. Some non-traditional hours may be necessary.
Compensation: $28-$30/hr. based on skills and experience, +OT, First Year W2 ~ $65-$75k, based on projects and overtime
Benefits: Company offers an industry-leading benefits package including comprehensive health, dental, life, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability; 401(k) match, vacation, and holidays.
Travel: Average of 3 overnight trips/quarter, possible 1-4 weeklong trips to support installations or client needs in a year.
Vaccine Requirement: No
Position Description: Field Service Technician
The primary responsibility of the Field Service Technician will be to effectively and efficiently service to our customers to ensure our equipment and integrations are operating properly.
• Technical Service Experience (2 years +) or training/degree
• Basic Computer Skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Electrical and Mechanical Ability – working with hand/power tools, volt meters, general electrical or mechanical applications to trouble shoot and resolve issues
• Ability to read Basic Electrical Schematic and Engineered Drawings
• Strong initiative and self-drive, motivation, and interpersonal skills
• Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
The ideal fit for this position is someone who has a mechanical aptitude and enjoys problem solving. No two days will be the same, and you will be developing relationships with your customers and clients that will be the cornerstone of long term success and growth. If you enjoy a significant amount of autonomy with a clear end goal that needs to be accomplished, and being provided the tools and assets to do that, this is the position for you.
Job Ref: # EB-1598539229
Date Posted: 9/18/2023 6:29:42 PM
City, State: Saint Louis, MO
Title: Service Technician
Location: Remote, home-based position in greater St. Louis, MO
Shift: Primarily Mon.-Fri. normal daytime hours.
Compensation: $28-$38/hr. starting base rate determined by skills, geographic location, internal equity, market/data analysis, number of years of prior relevant experience, degrees &/or certifications, technical assessment score, etc. + O/T + bonus + variable daily per diem if out of town + vehicle for service travel + relocation. W2 $60K-$100K+.
Benefits: A comprehensive summary of benefits will be provided to all selected candidates.
Travel: Servicing clients typically within 2–3-hour radius with ~3-5 nights per month out of town for travel, depending on location.
Position Description: As the heart of the company, the Service Technician safely performs overhead crane service, maintenance, installation, and repair at customer sites with world-class customer service. Key responsibilities include:
• Inspect, maintain, repair electrical and mechanical crane and hoist systems at customer locations.
• Provide rotational on-call service as part of the service team with some emergency response.
• Troubleshoot & fix electrical, mechanical, and structural problems for certified crane operations.
• Make corrective recommendations for safe crane operations.
• Complete, document, and fulfill customer service work orders.
• Work with and support sales/account reps for service and business growth with customers
Requirements: Good, safe troubleshooting skills and experience on industrial or facilities systems.
• Electrical systems experience – 480v, variable frequency drives, & 3-phase motor control is ideal.
• Good mechanical aptitude – any experience on gears, drives, motors, controls, brakes is ideal.
• Ability to work at various heights, in some cases up to 60’ above ground serving overhead cranes.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States. Must pass 10-panel drug test prior to employment.
• No more than 3 moving violations last 3 years, no DUIs last 3 years, and no felonies last 7 years.
Training & Development Program: Company has a robust, world-class training and development program. The first week is orientation at HQ in Springfield, OH for safety and technical training. The second week is remote virtual OSHA-10 & system integration. The next 2-3 months or longer you will have a mentor and shadow Senior Technicians, depending on skills, experience, and development. You will be cleared for individual service after completion. There is continuous coursework and training annually for best-in-class professional development along with growth opportunity for bigger jobs, larger clients, and progression into Senior Tech, and eventually with leadership into Ops Manager, Sales, etc.
Hiring Process: (1) candidate selection. (2) candidate assessment – basic electrical, basic mechanical, basic schematics, basic crane questions, basic math, majority is reading schematics and following diagrams – takes on average ~45-60 minutes to complete. Not a pass or fail, used as an indicator combined with your interview to assess experience for hire. (3) hiring manager virtual interview. (4) offer.
Field Service Technician
Job Ref: # EB-1706094100
Date Posted: 8/30/2023 8:00:00 AM
City, State: St. Louis, MO
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Field Service Technician positions an internationally leading organization operating in the fields of optics and optoelectronics.
• Title: Field Service Technician
• Location: St. Louis, MO
• Shift or Travel: M-F, Standard Day Shift, some non-traditional hours may occur
• Compensation: $55-$65k Salary/Non-Exempt (Eligible for OT for everything over an 8-hour day), REASONABLE FIRST YEAR W2 WITH BONUSES AND OT ~ $80k+
• Bonuses/Additional Compensation – Annual Bonus – 10%, Company Car/Gas (~$10k annual value)
• Benefits: Company offers complete benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, HAS/FSA, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) with match, holidays, and more.
• Travel: 40% (1-2 nights out per week, 5-6 nights out per month)
• Vaccine Requirement: YES
Responsible for the installation and servicing custom equipment. They interact with customers and cross functional service groups regarding support and launch of proprietary products into the field.
• Solutions-oriented, able to work independently in a fast-paced and innovative environment
• AS/BS in Electronics, Laboratory/Industrial Maintenance OR related training and experience
• Previous experience installing, troubleshooting industrial electronics, machines or computer systems preferred, particularly any Coordinate Measuring Machine experience
• Ability to read schematics
• Excellent communication and administrative skills
• Proficient with Microsoft systems
• Valid Driver’s License
Customer Service Technician
Job Ref: # EB-1033513939
Date Posted: 8/21/2023 8:00:00 AM
City, State: St Louis, MO
Category: Oil & Gas
Position: Customer Service Technician
Location: St Louis MO
# openings: 1
Shift: Tech typically works an 8 hour per day (M-F) and will on call 24 hours unless scheduled off. Over Time is typically between 15-30% (depending on the season), so accessibility during off-hours is required.
Compensation: $56-60k + OT + Company Vehicle, Tools, and handheld devices
Veteran Profiles – Best fit Navy MM or Veteran Electrician
• Entry level - 3+ maintenance, repair of mechanical and electrical systems
• Experience troubleshooting
• Must be good with technology and have the ability to use the software and devices listed above
• Being able to read a print, understand P&ID's, materials of construction, layout and installation drawings
Job Ref: # EB-1110854124
Date Posted: 6/23/2023 4:57:22 PM
City, State: Truesdale, MO
Title: Maintenance Mechanic
Location: Truesdale, MO
Shift: Rotating 12 hour Night shift – 6PM – 6:30AM On F/S/Su Off M/T, On W/Th Off F/S/Su (repeat)
Benefits: Full benefits package with no eligibility waiting period
Vaccine Requirement: None
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the scheduled, unscheduled and preventative maintenance and repair of a wide variety of beverage manufacturing and packing equipment requiring strong mechanical skills base to include: hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, conveyor systems and PLC usage.
Veteran profiles: Any electrical (non-vehicle related) MOS with troubleshooting experience AND mechanical aptitude
• Preventive and proactive maintenance on conveyors, packers, fillers, palletizers, and steam generators
• Observe and test the operation of machinery or equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters or other testing devices.
• 3+ years’ experience as a electrical maintenance technician, troubleshooting and repairing equipment
Project Manager – Building Automation / HVAC Controls
Job Ref: # EB-1553393974
Date Posted: 4/5/2022 11:28:29 AM
City, State: St. Louis, MO
Position Description: Project Manager – Building Automation / HVAC Controls
This company is seeking a Project Manager to support their Building Automation Solutions Group. This position Manages large, more complex jobs or multiple projects from pre booking to customer acceptance. You will supervise, direct and motivate the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects. You will also ensure customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
Building Automation Solutions Group. This position assists in the development of project/program plans. You will also assist in the delivery of routine projects or programs. As a Project Manager, you will also assist in routine project/program management activities (defining scheduling, budget, risk, change, opportunity, and resource management activities). You will also assist with technical review of system design and documentation as well as continuous improvement activities. You may also assist in sales activities and client relationships.
Responsibilities will include:
• Participates in pre-bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sale estimate and job layout.
• Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements.
• Follows up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope
• Manages the development of project plans of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team.
• Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
• Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re-estimate reports.
• Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs.
• Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage, and control costs.
• Prepares or overseas preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontracts to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services.
• Participates in job site final walk thru and manages the completion of all close out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions, transfers or excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all project records.
Location: St. Louis, MO
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas