Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
The Envases Group is a worldwide supplier of quality packaging solutions. The Envases Group is divided into three packaging divisions - PET Packaging, Aluminum Beverage Packaging and Food & Industrial Packaging - each with special competences within the fields they operate in to serve customers the best way possible.
The Envasves Group Mission
The core value for The Envases group is to supply high quality packaging solutions, and they are always striving towards growing their business in order to be the market leader in the markets they operate in.
The Envases Group is expanding global presence by the plan to open its first aluminum beverage can production and distribution center in Waco, Texas! The Waco operation will focus on aluminum beverage containers commonly used for soft drinks, beers, energy drinks, teas and non-carbonated beverages.
Envases is staffing up for their new facility in Waco, TX! They are big supporters of hiring military candidates – are actively hiring for a variety of positions! Candidates can live within a 1-hour radius of the facility to include close to Fort Hood, TX and surrounding areas!
You will be required at some point after hire – to train at their Headquarters location in Mexico for 2-4 weeks, depending on your position. You could be visiting and training in places like Cancun – and Mexico City! They work a compressed work week schedule – so you will have downtime to enjoy yourself during training when you are not required to work. You will be provided excellent training and be put up for paid for room and board while in training!
Position: Production Manager – Front End / Back End
The Front End/Back End Production Manager is responsible for the unit operating performance to include production, raw material usage, energy usage, quality, daily performance tracking, troubleshooting, and basic unit optimization. The Front End/Back End Manager adds direct value to the business by driving real-time unit performance in these areas. Responsible for first-line direction of non-exempt employees involved in production, treating, printing, finishing, and other line operations. Reviews production schedules, material and manpower resources. The Front End/Back End Manager provides direction to team members (technicians and operators) to ensure the operations are conducted safely, timely and efficiently. The position will ensure operations are maximized to deliver all production objectives, sustain quality and attain output requirements. The position will assist in establishing and modifying the operational methods and processes by recommending changes or maintenance. The position will assist with maintaining a variety of reports and records, production documentation, information related to operation scheduling and performance.
• Hands on supervisory position in which an individual is expected to provide assistance to the Production Manager as well as acting as a technical subject matter expert for the line operations; direct job assignments and provide technical hands-on leadership to the production staff
• Demonstrates leadership in driving corporate zero-incident safety culture through safe work practices and operator engagement
• Develop excellent, collaborative working relationships with Operations, Manufacturing, Production & Process Engineering, Reliability, Quality Assurance, Production Planning, & other support groups
• Develops a team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
• Tracks key performance indicators/costs, anticipating and correcting trends that would compromise the achievement of financial targets
• Directly operate or supervise the operation of the whole production line, lead all staff in the shift, including contract workers
• Monitor and maintain proper safety requirements in the shift to ensure the safety of the staff
• Monitor and maintain the quality to ensure the products meet the required standards
• Provide training to the staff on relevant environmental health and safety requirements to ensure that all staff are trained in accordance with regulations
• Achieve operating performance targets and improvements including cost reductions, reduced cycle times and reduced lead times.
• Accountable for providing accurate shipment forecasts and achieving forecast.
• Oversees and ensures facility equipment reliability to minimize downtime
• Coaches operators through the problem-solving process to identify problem areas and solve them, including manufacturing processes, reducing set up time, equipment problems and reducing scrap
• Regularly monitors order volume and performs capacity analysis and workforce adjustments to maximize labor utilization
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree desired in Engineering or / Equivalent Military Experience – Junior Military Officers or Sr. NCO’s! Strong technical background (mechanical or electro-mechanical) and understanding as well as leadership experience. Prefer experience managing projects.
• Demonstrated leadership experience required; prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment a plus, but not required.
• prefer 1-3 years’ experience in manufacturing, production, industrial or warehouse management
• Prefer experience in maintenance and repair of machining/manufacturing systems or experience in an industrial continuous process environment
• Working knowledge & understanding of engine and equipment technical manuals, as well as knowledge and understanding of typical engine instrumentation and control systems
• Demonstrated ability of budgeting and cost control
• Work requires the ability to perform complex engineering computations
• Working knowledge of all automation standard practices
• Ability to read and interpret P&ID drawings, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical schematics for use in system understanding and troubleshooting
• Strong organizational skills and proven ability to maintain accurate, detailed records that will be audited periodically; Ability to work on multiple projects at once with tight deadlines
• Must be able to identify and execute improvement opportunities through both process improvements and system improvements
• Travel required for training and to regularly conduct business with and meet with vendors/suppliers
Location: Waco, TX (employees can live within a 1hr radius – to include areas close to Fort Hood, TX – Killeen, Belton, Harker Heights, Temple, etc.)
Salary & Benefits: $75-$85k depending on experience, Excellent health, dental, 401k, and vacation time. All training trips to Mexico are 100% covered by Envases!
Shift: Day Shift – Monday – Friday, on-call when needed.
Keys to Success:
• Explain your Technical Aptitude and Leadership through real world examples
• Quantify your skills and accomplishments – Envases is looking for a strong people person, strong trainer, and strong organization skills
• Confidence, not arrogance – strong diplomacy. Be positive, energetic, and excited for this position!