Find Jobs for Military Veterans in South Carolina
South Carolina Job Search for Transitioning and Former JMOs, NCOs, and Enlisted Technicians
South Carolina ranks as the top place to live for veterans, with Charleston the top city. There are eight military bases in the state, and is therefore extremely military friendly.
The Top Industries for Veterans in South Carolina
South Carolina's top industries include agriculture, automotive, and aerospace. BMW and Boeing both have major facilities in the state, and bring thousands of jobs that are ideal for veterans.
Please keep in mind that these jobs represent only a small percentage of the positions we currently have available. If you don't find what you're looking for, it does not mean that we're not hiring in your desired industry or location - be sure to register and a recruiter will be in contact with you about the jobs that are a match for your background, desires and qualifications.
Director of Warehouse Operations & Logistics
Position ID: # EB-1252690165
Date Posted: 1/30/2023 4:52:55 PM
Location: Marion, SC
Title: Director of Warehouse Operations & Logistics
Location: Marion SC
Shift: Day Shift Monday-Friday
Compensation: $100,000 - $125,000 Salary + Annual Bonus (Flexible depending on experience)
Benefits: Full Benefits + 401(k) Match
Vaccine Requirement: No
Position Description: seeking an experienced Warehouse Manager as part of Company’s expanding team, who will help manage current warehouse in Mullins, SC (130.000 sq feet, 35 people) together with their current established leadership structure, and then oversee the continued renovation, onboarding, and efficient operation of their new warehouse in Marion, SC (500.000 sq feet 40 people) which currently houses Company operations as well as provide 3rd party fulfilment services. This building is undergoing extensive renovations but is fully operational. Management of this renovation project while learning existing warehouse operations is part of the position.
• This is not a desk job; this is a show by example career path. This is a career for someone that thrives working physically with a mind for attention to detail and the ability to motivate a team. We work through systems to manage information flows so familiarity with using computers and systems to manage a complex operation is essential. We are a technology focused company and always look for ways to improve our systems and processes.
• Proactive, frequent, and seamless communication with the Mullins team and collaboration with the Operations Team at headquarters (located in Mt Pleasant, SC) is a must. Independent decision making is expected, but teamwork is everything. The position requires a very organized and systematic person with a “can do” attitude who gets the job done today and not tomorrow. Inventory must be accurate at all times; orders must be shipped on time and in full.
• 10+ years management and shipping/receiving experience
• You must be able to effectively lead a large and growing team of both warehouse and office staff. Hands-on Leadership and quick decision-making qualities are a must.
Company: Orion Talent Opportunity
Position ID: # EB-1680635336
Date Posted: 1/17/2023 3:27:30 PM
Location: Greenville, SC
Company: Orion Talent Opportunity
Position ID: # EB-1752923929
Date Posted: 1/17/2023 3:24:39 PM
Location: Charleston, SC
Position ID: # EB-2010381978
Date Posted: 1/9/2023 10:55:15 AM
Location: Lexington, SC
• Location: Multiple, remote, home-based openings nationwide
• Shift & Travel: Primarily Mon.-Fri. normal daytime hours servicing the local area with about 3-5 nights per month out of town for travel, depending on location.
• Compensation: Extremely competitive base pay; varies by experience & geographic location.
o Additional Pay: O/T + bonus + variable daily per diem if out of town + relocation + service vehicle
o Total W-2: $60K-$100K+ annually
• Benefits: A comprehensive summary of benefits will be provided to all selected candidates.
• Vaccine Requirement: Not Required.
Position Description: Service Technician
As the heart of the company, the Service Technician safely performs overhead crane service, maintenance, installation, and repair at customer sites with world-class customer service. Key responsibilities include:
• Inspect, maintain, repair electrical and mechanical crane and hoist systems at customer locations.
• Provide rotational on-call service as part of the service team with some emergency response.
• Troubleshoot & fix electrical, mechanical, and structural problems for certified crane operations.
• Make corrective recommendations for safe crane operations.
• Complete, document, and fulfill customer service work orders.
• Work with and support sales/account reps for service and business growth with customers.
Requirements: Good, safe troubleshooting skills and experience on industrial or facilities systems.
• Industrial electrical/electronics systems knowledge/experience, 3-phase motor control is ideal.
• Any mechanical experience – gears, drives, motors, controls, brakes. Strong mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to work at various heights, in some cases up to 60’ above ground serving overhead cranes.
• Must be eligible to work in the United States. Must pass 10-panel drug test prior to employment.
• No more than 3 moving violations last 3 years, no DUIs last 3 years, and no felonies last 7 years.
Training & Development Program: Company has a robust, world-class training and development program. The first week is orientation at HQ in Springfield, OH for safety and technical training. The second week is remote virtual OSHA-10 & system integration. The next 2-3 months or longer you will have a mentor and shadow Senior Technicians, depending on skills, experience, and development. You will be cleared for individual service after completion. There is continuous coursework and training annually for best-in-class professional development along with growth opportunity for bigger jobs, larger clients, and progression into Senior Tech, and eventually with leadership into Ops Manager, Sales, etc.
Hiring Process: 1) candidate selection. 2) candidate assessment – basic mechanical, basic electrical, basic schematics, basic crane questions, basic math, majority is reading schematics and following diagrams – takes on average ~30 minutes to complete. Not a pass or fail, used as an indicator combined with your interview to assess experience for hire. 3) hiring manager virtual interview. 4) offer.