Title: DCO Systems Technician
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Compensation: $23 hr. starting with no data center experience | $25+ hr. starting with data center experience
- Annual bonus potential
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits to include 100% of health care expenses for employee.
Vaccine Requirement: Not required.
The Data Center Operations (DCO) Systems Technician will work as a team player to provide technical escort in support of all maintenance, operations, and expansion efforts, including critical infrastructure of power, cooling systems, communications, and facilities. Also, completing preventative maintenance as planned by Systems Management.
• Responsible for and maintain 100% critical systems uptime.
• Alarm Response: High Temperature, UPS, UPS Battery, Health Report Error, Fluid Cooler, Pump Skid
• Accurate and timely completion of work orders and participate in policy and procedure development.
• Handle different tool and equipment with precision.
• Adhere to company Safety Policy and Procedure.
• Work with vendors and contractors to ensure their work meets the company standards.
• Assist in inspecting buildings, grounds, and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions.
• Perform assigned collateral duties and tasks assigned by management staff.
• Ensure customer compliance with company Acceptable Use Policy (AUP).
• Ability to run and troubleshoot Modbus, CAT5, CAT6 or environmental wiring.
• Knowledge how to operate a thermal imaging tool (FLIR).
• Comprehension of assigned facilities electrical and mechanical systems that may be employed in a data center environment. This may include electrical feeders, transformers, generators, switchgear, UPS Systems, DC power Systems, ATS/STS units, PDU units, breakers, batteries, load bank connections, CRACs, air handling units, fluid coolers, pumps, cages, and fire suppression systems.
• Ability to interpret wiring diagrams, schematics, and electrical drawings (blueprints/CAD).
• Knowledge of data center, safety, electrical, and cooling designs.
• Must follow established safety practices and procedures in applicable situations.
• Ability to work any shift in a 24x7x365 Operation, including weekends and holidays.
• Must have good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Certification: Outlook Fundamentals, OSHA 10, Material Equipment Operator (MEO), First Aid/CPR, NFPA- 70E (Arc Flash), Golf Cart, Data Center University, Building Fire Riser, Fire Extinguisher.
• Preferred: Basic Power Flow Isolated System, Tier V Requirements, Alber Test, Fluke Temperature Meter Use, Conductivity Meter Use.
• Education: High School Diploma or equivalent; and Technical Trade School related to Mechanical, Electrical or Electronics.
• Experience: 2+ years’ experience in general field as full-time employee, two years in mechanical, electrical or electronics.