Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Regional Safety Manager
Locations: This is a remote traveling position, overnights included as an individual contributor. Visiting different sites across 3 states. Can live anywhere in OH, IN or KY
Supervisory: Significant leadership responsibility; number of direct reports varies by plant, production, shift, etc.(average 50 – 150 indirect and average 4 direct) 3 shift operation
Relocation: Offers a very solid relocation assistance package for these roles depending on the candidate.
Salary: Total Realistic First Year Compensation ~ $120K+ (up to $5K Annual bonus)
Benefits: Offers an unmatched, complete benefits package with comprehensive healthcare benefits, retirement programs, insurance, training programs, & ed./tuition assistance. Matched 401K.
Position Descriptions: Regional Safety Manager
The Regional Safety Manager administers policies and procedures that cover two or more functional areas in the environmental, health and safety job family. Ensures employees in functional areas follow established procedures and ensure company compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure compliance with all pertinent SAFETY, OSHA & EPA regulations
• Provide hands-on involvement to help assure the safety of employees
• Work closely with facilities maintenance to ensure environmental regulations of air, water, and waste
• Encourage and support employee engagement by managing Plant Safety Committee
• Train and mentor all employees regarding safety
• Ensure regulatory training and OSHA requirements (i.e. LOTO, Forklift license)
• Work with employees and Third-Party Administrator to manage workers' compensation claims
• Review all safety incident reports and solve discrepancies with the team involved for correction or completion
• Generate OSHA 300 Log, trend reports, repeat offenders, etc
• Maintain plant efficiencies including OIR rate and DART rate
• Manage First Response Teams
Requirements: These positions are ideal for top-notch junior military officers that possess a great mix of both operational leadership and exceptional performance. Candidates will have a history of leadership/supervision experience and success in the military that stand out among peers in mission accomplishment and results, including the ability to maintain/sustain high positive employee relations, manage multiple priories against tight deadlines, apply procedures and policies, and effectively address/successfully handle all employee-related issues. Ideal candidates will have a bachelors degree in EHS or HR geared toward the safety path.
Knowledge, Skills, Or Abilities Desired
• Knowledge of organization's and industry's manufacturing technologies, processes, innovations, issues and initiatives
• Knowledge and understanding of federal, state and local laws and regulations affecting manufacturing practices and activities
• Knowledge of methods, accepted practices, considerations and regulatory requirements associated with safety and protection of workers, environment and site
• Knowledge of materials used in the manufacturing process and of safe practices for physical management of raw and/or hazardous materials
• Knowledge of day-to-day and strategic issues, operational requirements and management of a manufacturing facility
• Knowledge of technologies and applications used in manufacturing products and in the optimization of manufacturing processes