Job Ref: # EB-2143864866
Date Posted: 10/13/2023 8:00:00 AM
City, State: Dallas, TX
Salary: $75,000 - $80,000
DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Title: Field Service Engineer
Location: TX - Can live in DFW area, Austin, or Houston (must be able to travel via airport)
Shift: Day shift, typically M - F
Compensation: $75K - $80K+ base depending on experience and qualifications plus OT; home office set up – smart phone, laptop, expense account will also be provided. With the expected travel and OT, potential compensation is $90K - $95K+ during the first year.
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision and 401K (see website for more information)
Travel: Expect up to 70% - 80% to support training and familiarization of the customer base. Travel will be within the Americas.
The Field Service System Engineer is responsible for on-site repair or services of company materials analysis systems at the customer site. This job is approximately 70%-80% domestic. This is a position geared for those that enjoy autonomy with minimal supervision and ownership of their work.
• Conduct on-site customer installation, service support, limited telephone support, hardware and software configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance support for our client's products.
• Ensure repaired systems meet operating specifications, documenting service performed.
• Propose design enhancements and improvements.
• Read and interpret schematics and electrical diagrams through to the component level.
• Isolate the system fault at the component level for electronic, vacuum, and mechanical systems and repair.
• Document work performed in a service report.
• Complete billing or warranty documentation as needed.
• Previous FS experience performing complex electronic hardware troubleshooting required
• Technical Associates or Bachelor's Degree required
• Experience with current Personal Computer Windows Operation System (OS) software installation and configuration.
• Must be a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision in an isolated environment.
• Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm and innovation with strong client service attitude.
• Ability to work on complex learning and development problems as well as teach highly technical information is essential.
• Ability to interface with people at all levels.
• This position will be based remotely
• Constantly stand and walk throughout the workday.
• Frequently reach with hands and arms; use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel material.
• Frequent repetitive motions.
Performance Skills: The following traits and capabilities are required for successful performance in this role and must be displayed in the interview:
• Ability to create and achieve a schedule of required tasks
• Strong electromechanical
• Ability to conduct hands-on troubleshooting and repair without the use of manuals or
• Familiar with basic equipment performance
• Understanding of customer
• Intermediate Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Great interpersonal skills and ability to work with
• Highly motivated and a self-starter with desire to advance.