Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Modernization Superintendent
Location: Columbus, OH
Supervisory: Number of direct & indirect reports varies by functional area and position.
Travel: Around Columbus, OH – up to 3-hour radius / Monday through Friday / Friday is usually an admin day
Salary: $60K-$80K base initially + up to 25% bonus X2 annually + a solid relocation package + brand new company car + laptop + cell phone + insurance + gas paid First year W2 = $110K+
Position Description: Modernization Superintendent
Responsible for successfully managing modernization projects and crews so that jobs are completed timely and profitably, and the department continues to grow in volume and meets or exceeds the annual budgetary plan.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Supervises modernization field employees by providing direction and training, and communicating company policies, procedures, and objectives. Includes hiring, and supervising performance management and progressive discipline.
• Administers company safety program. Includes performing safety audits as required and when necessary and stressing the importance of safety to all employees.
• Plans, directs and prioritizes elevator modernization projects and manpower needs; utilizes project management software and other scheduling tools.
• Uses accounting reports and programs to review job status to identify risk and opportunity. This includes properly reporting fade issues prior to revenue.
• Manages jobsites from survey through the completion of the modernization process documenting and advising on modernization project progress for work not included. Includes trouble-shooting problems with mechanics, performing quality audits and meeting with customers to review progress.
• Manages subcontractor schedule and performance on turn-key projects.
• Develops and maintains strong working relationships with owner, elevator consultants, and architects.
• Identifies, reviews and signs off on change orders, purchase orders, elevator turnover authorizations, accounts receivable, write-offs, credits and other necessary approvals.
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all federal, state and local elevator industry code requirements.
• Maintains strong familiarity of company Standard Operating Procedures and products by attending company training classes, utilizing the SOP document library, and reviewing factory equipment updates and supplier goods; Interfaces with corporate departments, including the factory, coordination, and labor, and consults with the Regional Operations Team.
• Mediates and resolves complaints and problems of external and internal customers. Includes meeting with local business agents to resolve issues involving union employees.
• Determines what materials need to be ordered for job completion, and coordinates and arranges for sub-contracting portions of job.
• Makes weekly crew visits and day one visits to manage safety, site activities and progress of employees and customer; documenting finding
Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree with significant management and execution experience is required (with minimum GPA of 3.0 preferred) for these positions. MBA or advanced degree and/or PMP certification or the equivalent is a plus. Typically, military officers who have aligned experience leading technical military operations, inspections, audits, compliance, programs, projects perform exceptionally well in this role leveraging an OPS focused background. Very focused on candidates who have a history of “break-out” performance, both personally and as part of winning teams. Candidates must be extremely customer service oriented and maintain the highest levels of moral courage and conviction. Ideal candidates will be technical leaders with experience in the mechanical field, analytical operational thinkers with a passion for “systems-oriented” and strategic-level thinking, with excellent organization.
• General management skills: or general business knowledge normally acquired though a bachelor’s degree; or two years’ experience managing on a branch departmental level; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to write reports, contract proposals and business correspondence
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and customers
• Ability to define problems collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
Benefits: Offers a tremendous benefits package: flexible Medical/Dental plans; life insurance; paid prescription coverage; and an outstanding 401k 5% match, health and wellness plans, paid holidays annually, 3 weeks PTO, and much more.
DOES NOT require the COVID vaccine at this time.