Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Siemens is a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of electrification, automation, and digitalization. One of the world’s largest producers of energy-efficient, resource-saving technologies, Siemens is a leading supplier of systems for power generation and transmission as well as medical diagnosis. In infrastructure and industry solutions the company plays a pioneering role!
SIEMENS SMART INFRASTRUCTURE
Smart infrastructure from Siemens intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries to adapt and evolve the way we live and work. Siemens Smart Infrastructure business unit works together with customers and partners to create an ecosystem that intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps customers to better use resources. It helps their customers to thrive, communities to progress and supports sustainable development. They do this from the macro to the micro level, from physical products, components and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and services. From intelligent grid control and electrification to smart storage solutions, from building automation and control systems to switches, valves and sensors.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for the fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as the World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
Position Description: Project Manager – Building Automation / HVAC Controls
SIEMENS Smart Infrastructure (Building Technologies) is seeking an Associate/Project Manager to support their Building Automation Solutions Group. This position Manages large, more complex jobs or multiple projects from pre booking to customer acceptance. You will supervise, direct and motivate the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects. You will also ensure customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
Building Automation Solutions Group. This position assists/creates in the development of project/program plans. You will also assist in the delivery of routine projects or programs. As a Project Manager, you will be responsible in routine project/program management activities (defining scheduling, budget, risk, change, opportunity and resource management activities). You will also complete technical review of system design and documentation as well as continuous improvement activities. You will also be POC in sales activities and client relationships.
Responsibilities will include:
• Participates in pre-bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sale estimate and job layout. Cradle to Grave operations
• Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements.
• Follows up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope
• Manages the development of project plans of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team.
• Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
• Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re-estimate reports.
• Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs.
• Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage, and control costs.
• Prepares or overseas preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontracts to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services.
• Participates in job site final walk thru and manages the completion of all close out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions, transfers or excess materials, billings, collections and payments, and all project records.
Location: Blue Bell, PA
Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
o Salary and Benefits: $k+ base (depending on experience) + 10%- annual incentive BONUS! Car reimbursement plan at approx. $300 per/month (depending on region) + plus mileage. May provide a sign-on bonus for relocation assistance. A military background and/or industry experience in Construction and/or in Electro-Mechanical Maintenance, HVAC and/ or Signal Communications, Networking, Electronics, Fire Safety, Automation, etc. is desired. Can be Officer or Degreed NCO! At the Siemens Project Manager level is it likely you will have some post military industry experience in construction/HVAC or building controls , Contracting, or are already PMP Certified.
Siemens offers an excellent benefits package including consumer-driven health plan (full medical/dental/vision); ADD/STD/LTD and life insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts for health care and dependent care; tuition assistance; a matching 401K – dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary; other fringe benefits (product / service discounts, exceptional work-life balance programs, scholarship programs for children, generous vacation / leave policies, etc.). Extensive product training and professional career development.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
o Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but and Associates Degree or equivalent work experience (candidates with varying degrees will be considered based on experience and aptitude.) A military background and/or industry experience in Construction and/or in Electro-Mechanical Maintenance, HVAC and/ or Signal Communications, Networking, Electronics, etc. is desired. Can be Officer or Degreed NCO! Post military industry experience in construction, building controls, contracting, etc. and/or PMP Certification is desired.
o Military experience desired – looking for strong leadership and Project Management skills! A military background and/or industry experience in Construction and/or in Maintenance is desired.
o Excellent contracting skills and financial acumen.
o An understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects.
o Experience supervising, directing, and motivating professional teams (this will be crucial to managing the project with field labor, subcontractors, and vendors during project delivery phase including installation, start-up, commissioning, and turnover).
o 5 - 8 years’ experience in the Construction Industry or have a Construction background (military experience counts)
o 5 - 8 years’ experience in the Building Controls Industry and/or experience with Building Control Systems and equipment (building mechanical and electrical equipment such as ventilation/ HVAC, lighting, power systems, fire systems, and security systems as well as computer-based software).
o PMP Certification is a bonus!
o Ability to read and understand construction drawings, including mechanical and electrical drawings
o Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
o Must have strong verbal and written skills in English
o Must be qualified to work in the United States
o Must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
Keys to Success :
• Explain your Project Management and Leadership Experience through real world examples
• Show that you have a strong technical background with the willingness and eagerness to learn quickly
• Quantify your skills and accomplishments
• Confidence, not arrogance
• BE PREPARED WITH QUESTIONS - Always come with minimum 5 questions written down in case they end up answering a few on their own.
o Do NOT ask “me” questions. Only questions that will be positive for them such as, “What can I do to exceed your expectations in this role?”
• Be Positive, energetic, and excited for this position.