Position ID: # EB-1520794620
Date Posted: 5/5/2021 12:49:32 PM
Location: Newton, MA
Salary: $85,000 - $105,000
Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Senior Financial Analyst positions with a rapid response team of experts that specialize in property restoration and reconstruction. Our client provides full project management for industrial, commercial, governmental, and residential properties.
Location: Newton, MA
Hours: M-F 8am-5pm
Benefits: Our client offers a wide array of benefits including medical/dental insurance, life insurance, short/long-term disability, company vehicle, 401k w/4% match, 2 weeks PTO, 7 paid holidays
As a Senior Financial Analyst, you will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will contribute to the company’s success by leading consolidation, planning, and reporting function as well as being a leader of our continuous process improvement efforts. These efforts will include best practices and automation designed to better consolidate the company’s previously acquired businesses and create processes for seamless future acquisition integration into the company’s “buy and build” strategy. Additionally, you will lead on-going improvement in preparing reporting and analysis to accurately interpret the company’s financial performance and influence corporate wide decision making. You will also provide financial thought leadership and direction across the company’s operations and develop, mentor, and lead the company’s financial team while building upon existing capacity, processes, and capabilities of the entire finance function. You will have a broad impact across the organization through leadership and accountability by working the CFO, Corporate Controller, and other Finance Directors in creating a “one company” finance culture and developing the accounting operations and planning and reporting process necessary to achieve that culture. Responsibilities will include:
• Work closely with executives during the annual planning process to develop long-term plan, annual budget, and periodic reforecast process, aligning departmental and operational objectives within the required strategic framework.
• Identify opportunities for and implement process improvements in the consolidation, reporting and planning processes.
• In conjunction the management and accounting teams, create processes to improve monthly comparisons of actuals to previous periods, budget and forecast amounts, including creating a financial platform to easily integrate future acquisitions.
• Prepare Internal, PE sponsor, and bank reporting, leaning heavily on automation, timeliness, and accuracy.
• Be a member of the cost rationalization, allocation and “smart reduction” strategies.
• Proliferate the use of data across the organization for financial decision making and create a more data driven culture.
• Lead adoption of integrated reporting platform to coordinate data analytics from various data sources.
• Work with sales, operations, and marketing leaders to develop necessary analysis to drive improved performance in alignment with company goals.
• Ideal fit is a civilian or military service member with an advanced understanding and experience with driving analytics in the construction or building controls industry. This role is extremely data driven and will play an integral role in driving smart corporate financial decisions.
• Company wants candidates who are excited about the opportunity, motivated to learn, and continue to grow the company!
• Ideally, 3-5 years of primarily corporate accounting and of a mix of financial analysis and accounting management experience. Over that time, you will have been a change agent in improving the performance and efficiency of the finance function.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in a business, financial, accounting, or data/statistics field.
• Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively as a team and possess the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.