Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Our client is a real estate company focused on epicenters of innovation for media and tech. They own, transform, build and operate marquee office and studio properties. Fortune 500, premier growth companies and groundbreaking start-ups, with an emphasis on those in the media and tech industries, call these properties home.
Position: Senior Engineering Manager
Location: Los Angeles, CA
The Senior Manager will manage all facility and engineering processes, policies, and procedures (e.g. tenant requests, preventative maintenance, repairs and maintenance, replacements, upgrades, sustainability and energy management initiatives, etc.) and third-party vendors (HVAC, electrical, elevator, plumbing, etc.). They will also provide oversight of engineering projects, management of technical issues with building tenants, budgeting for capital and operating expenses, and development of internal and external relationships.
• Support corporate, regional, property management, leasing and construction with technical research and formal recommendations on operational issues.
• Management of third-party engineering personnel and contracts.
• Building systems maintenance programs and standards.
• Angus Preventative Maintenance and engineering related Tenant Requests.
• Energy reduction, efficiency analysis and recommendations.
• Fire/Life Safety code compliance and maintenance standards.
• Emergency preparedness and disaster response programs.
• Building HVAC and electrical vendor monitoring and recommendations.
• MEP CapEx project scoping, contract administration and project management.
• Tenant Improvements, contractor compliance and oversight of building standards.
• Participate in the development, implementation and utilization of facility engineering technology and solutions to increase ecological sustainability and operational efficiency.
• Ensure proper procedures and standards are practiced and maintained at each property. Monitor compliance with Standard Operating Procedures.
• Preventative Maintenance completion and Tenant Request response.
• Ensure completion and adequacy of required reports.
• Perform Property inspections and audits.
• Implement and monitor Building Rules and Standards compliance.
• Provide direction to property management and construction in complying with local, state and federal code requirements and their implementation.
• Coordinate with all applicable permit authorities.
• Supervise hazardous materials handling.
• Fire code compliance, testing and monitoring.
• Building construction code compliance.
• Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compliance.
• Refrigerant management.
• Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
• EPA and local air quality authorities.
• Assist management with the review, analysis and production of required reports.
• Preparation of capital and operating budgets.
• Permit applications.
• Contract and proposal review and analysis.
• Leasing negotiation issues.
• Special projects.
• After hours HVAC calculations.
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in managing complex technical building systems in Class A commercial high-rise office buildings.
• Strong technical and working knowledge of building structural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
• Excellent computer skills and demonstrated working knowledge of computers and software including MS Windows, Word, PowerPoint. Proficient in using MS Project for management and Excel for budgets and spreadsheets.
• Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to write memos, letters and reports, and interact effectively with contractors, tenants, peers, vendors, and management
• Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while staying
• Availability to work full-time onsite at Los Angeles headquarters, travel locally to various Southern California properties, and occasionally travel to other regions.
• Bonus points for: LEED certification