Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Project Manager.
The Serious Incident Project Manager will directly oversee the safe and efficient planning, execution, and closeout of assigned Major Equipment Failure projects.
• Build and manage team to safely execute assigned Major Equipment Failure Projects.
• Once assigned, develop a project plan to complete assigned projects. Project plans include identification and sourcing of key resources: technicians, technical support, engineering support, tooling, replacement components/spare parts, cranes and other support equipment.
• Meet budget and schedule metrics assigned to each project.
• Communicate the status of serious incident projects to key stakeholders from technicians through executive management with our customers.
• Implement and manage all safety practices and protocols within organizational standards to ensure compliance and optimal safety results with a team that demonstrates safe behaviors
• Ensure processes to preserve evidence, decommission equipment are followed in a safe and efficient manner
• Ensure internal stakeholders around the organization (i.e. legal, sales, operations, construction) are informed of results of incidents.
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and internal partners
• Identify and drive projects to improve Serious Incident process to improve safety, reduce downtime, reduce costs, and maximize revenue capture.
• Willingness to embrace and promote commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
• Inform and advise customers on capabilities, then problem solve options to resolve.
• Participate in hiring and development for key technician resources to complete Major Equipment Failure Projects
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite computer skills (Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, SAP and additional software programs)
• Effective written and oral communication skills; able to express oneself clearly and in technical and non-technical terms in English to stakeholders
• Ability to implement processes to efficiently conduct required (department processes improve)
• Ability to work flexible hours, coordinating with various time zones
• Ability to effectively lead a cross functional team that may include internal, external, domestic and international stakeholders
Education, Training, and Skills Required:
• Associates degree or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 3-5 years’ experience managing large projects
• Leadership experience in providing cross functional support
• Technical background, hydraulic or rotating heavy equipment preferred; knowledge of technical drawings and schematics. Ability to understand and utilize technical language
• Knowledge and experience with effective safety programs, practices and procedures
• Strong ability to work effectively with work groups across the organization.
• Proven ability to build customer relationship and effectively negotiate with customers and contractors to resolve disputes
• Excellent analytical, communication and management skills with a customer service focus
• Experience managing safety programs that include LOTO, Electrical, Fall Arrest & High Angle Emergency Decent, and Confined Space
• Previous accountability for budgeting, P&L and cost management
• Knowledge of technical drawings and schematics.
• Valid driver's license, passport and ability to travel as needed to meet business objectives