Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Customer Support Engineer position.
Position: Customer Service Engineer Locations: Manassas, VA (Micron)
A new Customer Service Engineer will initially go through a period of technical training, which includes initial training in Vancouver, WA and hands-on training at client sites. Afterwards, you will be located on the site of a major semiconductor manufacturer (such as Intel, Global Foundries, Micron, etc.). In your role, you will conduct troubleshooting, repair, and calibration of the electronics, pneumatics, hydraulics, robotics and mechanical systems, as well as specialty gas systems of the world’s best semiconductor manufacturing machines. You will be responsible for maintaining the overall productivity by ensuring system performance is optimized. Your training can take up to 6 months. This is a non-travel position; you will work full time on the
client’s site working closely with their engineers and technicians.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge or Abilities:
• Be accountable for all aspects of your customer’s site support and satisfaction for existing and newly purchased products.
• Determine, document and report customer issues related to the effective utilization and performance of products.
• Perform installation, repair, retrofit, upgrades and preventive maintenance of equipment installed at the customer site per procedures and guidelines.
• Assist customer with site preparation, acceptance testing and commissioning of new
• Analyze, diagnose and troubleshoot equipment
• Provide basic user training and application assistance to customer's users/operators.
• Ensure that parts and tools are available and as specified for service
• Complete service reports, expense reports, and other administrative responsibilities in accordance with company's procedures and in a timely manner.
• Work proactively with Sales, Product and Customer Support teams to understand and address customer issues and needs.
Work Schedule: Semiconductor manufacturing is a 24/7/365 operation. You will work a compressed work week schedule of 3 days on / 4 days off – 4 days on – 3 days off. If you accept an offer, you must be flexible, and willing to work any shift.
The following example is a typical shift pattern:
The Short Week is – 3 days on (36 hrs) with 4 days off
The Long Week is – 4 days on (48 hrs (8 hrs of built in overtime) with 3 days off) Example shift: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and every other Saturday
Salary/Benefits: With overtime due to the compressed workweek, earnings potential is in the high $50k, low $60k range in your first year. Our client also offers a full benefits package as a very comprehensive relocation package (typically $7k if single, $10k if married). You will be offered a 401(k) match on the first 4% contributed along with 15 vacation days plus 11 holidays = 26 paid days off per year! There is a reason that our client has a turnover rate of 75% below the industry standard!
The following traits and capabilities are required for successful performance in this role and must be displayed in the interview:
• Ability to create and achieve a schedule of required tasks and
• Strong electromechanical
• Ability to conduct hands-on troubleshooting and repair daily, without the use of manuals or
• Familiar with basic equipment performance
• Understanding of customer work
• Ability to influence, coordinate and communicate with cross-functional work teams; Sales, Product and Customer Support
• Intermediate Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Great interpersonal skills and ability to work with
• Customer satisfaction (centric)
• Highly motivated and a self-starter with desire to