Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Technical Service & Equipment Supervisor positions with a global leader in developing and producing responsible packaging for food, beverage, pharmaceutical, medical, home- and personal care, and other products.
Location: Oshkosh, WI area is preferred (~45 minutes south of Green Bay on the west shores of beautiful Lake Winnebago!). You may also live in the Chicagoland area, in which case your travel to/from Oshkosh for training or to/from clients for service will be greater.
Pay: $70K-$95K starting base salary + bonus incentives.
Travel: This role requires approximately 30% overnight travel if based on the Oshkosh area.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is available for any required moves.
Benefits: Our client offers an unmatched, wide-ranging, and complete benefits package including comprehensive healthcare benefits, retirement programs, insurance, training & education tuition, retention bonus, and more making the company a great place to work!
Career Progression: You will have the opportunity to perform and grow with an outstanding company right off the bat. The current Field Service Supervisor is retiring, so this is a tremendous opportunity for you to hire, lead, mentor, and develop technicians for a fast-growing meats, poultry, and seafood business division and make both an immediate and lasting impact. This is truly an outstanding opportunity to perform, develop, promote, and grow as a leader with an outstanding company!
As a Technical Service & Equipment Supervisor, you will be responsible for the management of field service technicians to deliver timely, high quality customer technical service for rotary vacuum chamber systems and will be instrumental in development and enhancement of customer relationships. You will advise and assist in classroom and field technical and safety training, schedule, supervise, and mentor field service technicians, assist as needed to troubleshoot and resolve high priority customer equipment problems, and partner with sales to build and deliver service capabilities that delight customers.
This position is instrumental as the rotary service capability is just being created within the company to deliver these services. You will assist in recruiting, selecting, and training 3 field service technicians who will be assigned to our client facilities. Within one to three years, it is anticipated that the service offer will be extended to additional customers increasing the Service Supervisor’s span
to regional. Additional responsibilities will include:
• Provide specific application, product, technical knowledge, and training support to Field Service Techs (FSTs) through regular travel in the field.
• Set expectations for FSTs and provide feedback.
• Provide continuous feedback to FSTs regarding what they do well and what they need to improve, help them to improve areas of weakness.
• Train FSTs and customers on proper safety and operational aspects of equipment to supplement classroom training
• Raise awareness of any OSHA and safety issues in the field and participate in remedial action, risk assessment and root/cause analysis.
• Identify FST training needs to improve skill sets in line with goals & objectives.
• Identify soft skill/behavior deficiencies of FSTs and be part of the process to improve.
• Appropriately balance workloads and time off for each technician.
• Assist in approving timesheets, expense reports and time off requests according to company policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Help connect technicians to the salesmen they work with.
• Help build the relationship between customer and technician.
• Travel to customer sites, sometimes with little notice, to ensure high profile immediate needs are met.
• Actively participate in additional projects and meetings as required.
• Education: Associate degree or equivalent technical school diploma in electrical or mechanical technology or similar discipline Mechatronics training and certification preferred.
• Experience: Position will provide day-to-day supervision and training for growing team of field service technicians (FSTs) and as such requires 5 years’ experience in field technical service for food packaging equipment, preferably including experience in fresh meat processing facilities with rotary vacuum chamber systems, plus 3 years min supervisory experience.
• Physical Demands: The duties of this position require that the associate be able to drive, stand, walk, use hands to manipulate tools and parts, or feel, stoop, kneel, talk, hear and have good near and far vision acuity and effective depth perception. This position requires the Associate be able to climb and balance, and occasionally lift to 75 pounds.
• Other: Associate must be self-motivated with professional attitude and excellent time management, computer, communication, and organizational skills and have ability to work cross functionally with Sales in support of new opportunities and to capture value created through service activities and special projects.