Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Maintenance Technician positions with a U.S.-based technology foundry specializing in the development and manufacturing of a wide variety of semiconductor-based solutions. As a globally recognized, DMEA-trusted facility with advanced development capabilities co-located with volume production, our client has the ability and flexibility to innovate to any scale with a wide array of special materials. The company’s roots go back to the pioneers of computing technology and as such it offers what most foundries cannot: decades of technology innovation experience.
Phone interviews for the Maintenance Technician position will be held in January.
As a Maintenance Technician, you will perform preventive maintenance procedures on highly specialized manufacturing equipment. Depending on skill level you will also complete equipment repairs and equipment installations according to specifications in a particular area. High attention to detail is a must. You will also support site goals by maintaining the equipment to optimal performance.
Location: Bloomington, MN
Salary: $22-$28/hour, plus OT (shift contains 8 hrs of built in OT every 2 weeks; this adds on 4.5% to your annual pay without having to work extra time, plus Shift Differential for off shifts (10% differential for B-Shift and 15% differential for D-Shift). Expected First Year Compensation = $50.2K-$78K (without additional OT)
Shift Details: 12-hour shift (6pm – 6am) on a 3-4 weekly shift schedule (where you will work 3 days one week and 4 days the next).
Benefits: Our client is a company committed to offering a benefits package that provides security and well-being to you and your eligible dependents. In addition to a competitive salary, they offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical Insurance
• Stock Option Plan
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Vision Service Plan
• Personal Time Off (PTO)
• Employee Assistance Program
• Accidental Death & Dismemberment
• Stanford Instructional Network
• Short-Term Disability Insurance
• Author Incentive Program
• Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Patent Award Program
• Flexible Spending Reimbursement Accounts
• Credit Union Membership
• Long-Term Care Plan
• Prepaid Legal Plan
• 401(k) Savings Plan
• New Product Bonus Program
• Business Travel Accident Insurance
Career Progression: At the company, talented individuals are given the opportunity to learn and succeed in a highly technical environment that enables you to make the most of your career. Its equipment technicians are encouraged to be proactive in performing tasks and making improvements. Its culture is about succeeding, ownership, and winning. The organization works with you to maximize your potential and achieve all of your goals by supplying opportunities to perform all aspects of equipment maintenance and creativity in improvements.
• Experienced and competent technician with strong electronic and mechanical troubleshooting abilities, preferably Navy Nuke MMs, Navy Nuke EMs, Navy Nuke ETs, and other military technicians with 2+ years of experience working in the semiconductor industry.
• Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, pneumatic and/or vacuum systems and principles of operation.
• High attention to detail.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Skills to work independently, under minimal supervision, to find short-term solutions.
• Ability to work independently, proficiency with PC hardware.
• Knowledge of basic computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Excellent physical requirements, which include manual dexterity, good hand-eye coordination, able to lift (a minimum of 30 lbs), bend, and reach.
• Excellent customer orientation.
• Ability to analyze a wide variety of equipment, troubleshooting problems, and make appropriate repairs.
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with interdepartmental groups.
• Ability to work well in a diverse team environment.
• Ability to read schematics and mechanical drawings.
• Ability to work and take directions from written and verbal instructions.
• Comfortable in providing training and writing procedures.
• Experience working with Applied Materials 5200 Centura, Endura, MirraTrak Gasonics Aura 3000, Iridia, or PEP ashers Novellus Altus W, 350, 400, HDP PSG and STI systems Semitool Solvent Tool Akrion Gama Wet Bench Axcelis Implant Lam 9600, 9400, or Versys Westech 472 is a plus but certainly not required.
• Military candidates highly preferred!