Position ID: #EB-1368723254
Date Posted: 1/12/2018 4:13:45 PM
Location: St. Louis, MO
As a Field Service Technician, you will be responsible for installing and servicing anti-shoplifting equipment and closed circuit TV security systems in retail stores. On a daily basis you will be responsible for:
• Installing, servicing, troubleshooting, repairing, and performing maintenance on retail products and equipment at customer sites.
• Tracking your service calls via computer, including closing out calls once the customer is satisfied.
• Maintaining a parts inventory.
• Teaching customers how to use their equipment properly.
• Keeping your manager in the loop about your customer's satisfaction, any potential sales opportunities or any recurring problems.
• Using a computer to receive and prioritize work orders, with supervision from your manager when necessary.
Location: Belleville, IL (next to St. Louis)
Travel: Daily travel in the field within a 3-hour radius and some weekend work is possible. Overnight travel one week a quarter on average.
Work Hours: Monday - Friday, normal working hours. Must be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergencies, when scheduled.
Salary: $20-$28/hr plus OT. Most Technicians work 10 hours of OT per week. Expected first year income of $58-$80K
Benefits: Our client offers a competitive salary, company vehicle, computer, cell phone, along with a very lucrative corporate benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, and much more.
• Must have a strong desire to work on electronic and IT systems.
• Must be capable of troubleshooting with an oscilloscope.
• IT / Networking background is strongly preferred.
• Must have exceptional troubleshooting and customer-facing skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.