Position ID: #EB-1506352176
Date Posted: 3/19/2019 3:27:03 PM
Location: Independence, MO
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Maintenance Supervisor positions with one of the world's leading suppliers of fast-moving consumer goods in foods, household and personal care products. Our client’s purpose is to meet the everyday needs of people everywhere - to anticipate the aspirations of consumers and customers and to respond creatively and competitively with branded products and services, which raise the quality of life.
As a Maintenance Supervisor, you will support the Maintenance Manager. You will coordinate the team of maintenance technicians in their area of assignment. This position is responsible for ensuring completion of all maintenance tasks in your assigned area, making sure the manager is aware if there are any gaps. The position ensures the correct resources are being applied to each problem. Additional responsibilities will include:
• Continuously strive to increase the efficiency and reliability of equipment in their area of focus.
• Communicate with all shifts of the maintenance team to ensure a consistent message and consistent application of all company policies, programs, rules and regulations.
• Support maintenance team in troubleshooting, finding/procuring parts, or escalating issues as required.
• Carry out periodic audits to ensure depth of work order material is adequate and works with lead and planner to ensure gaps are addressed.
• Ensure maintenance, quality, and safety audits are carried out by the team to ensure compliance.
• Work with the maintenance lead and planner to track breakdowns and develop countermeasures.
• Review short- and medium-term plans for equipment maintenance with the maintenance lead and planner and operations team.
• Work as a team with Supervisors, Maintenance team members, and Operations to plan, procure, and document activities for the enhancement of machines in the assigned area.
• Contact vendors and manufacturers as needed for support in resolving issues or deploying projects.
• Participate in safety or quality reviews and ensure corrective actions are carried out.
• Assist in the development and implementation of reliability centered maintenance strategies.
Location: Independence, MO
Salary: $85K-$95K + 10% bonus and relocation assistance
Supervisory: Limited supervision and training of others required from time to time as new planners or analysts join the eCommerce Customer Service team. Good leadership skills and self-motivation are required. All employees are expected to demonstrate the following Standards of Leadership: Bias for Action, Accountability and Responsibility, Consumer and Customer Focus, Growth Mindset, and Building Talent and Teams.
Benefits: Our client offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners and children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
• 4-year degree in a technical field and at least two (2) years of experience as a maintenance supervisor/coordinator in fast paced manufacturing environment.
• Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Able to coordinate and communicate with teams working different shifts across a 24/7 schedule.
• Experience leading a team of maintenance technicians toward a common goal.
• Must be capable of working independently and in a team environment.
• Experience making reliability/maintenance decisions to meet needs.
• Proven track record of implementing improvement ideas.