Date Posted: 9/27/2019 2:32:36 PM
Location: Jefferson City, MO
Salary: $52,000 - $52,000
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Production Line Technician positions with one of the world's leading suppliers of fast-moving consumer goods in foods, household and personal care products. Our client’s purpose is to meet the everyday needs of people everywhere - to anticipate the aspirations of consumers and customers and to respond creatively and competitively with branded products and services, which raise the quality of life.
As a Production Line Technician, you will be both the leader and the mechanical resource of an assigned line and shift in the operations packaging area. Your responsibilities will include delivery of shift attainment and OEE (Operational Equipment Efficiency) targets with no quality defects or safety issues through technical development of the team, staffing, problem-solving, and teamwork. You will be accountable for your team’s performance in the following:
• Completion of CRQS checks and SNCRs on shift.
• Submission of any incident Root Cause Analysis (Q-EWO) and near misses on shift.
• World class execution of GMP.
• Lead Factory Operating System (FOS) line meeting to set clear plan for their line team.
• Execution of shift line performance to monthly target OEE and Attainment.
• Submission of Root Cause Analyses (EWO) (all mechanical breakdowns > 30 min) on shift and closure of actions by line < 1 week.
• Initiation and timely completion of all Maintenance f-tags.
• Understanding and elimination of the top daily losses for the line and participation in the resolution of systemic losses.
• Delivery of Autonomous Maintenance and Preventative Maintenance plan on shift and assigned actions that deliver line strategy.
• Follow escalation protocol to ensure timely resolution of issues.
• Support line with changeovers and breaks.
• Employee Development.
• Set clear shift goals and objectives for the line team.
• Complete regular performance reviews utilizing clear Rapid Data (technical efficiency).
• Understand training needs and implement a training plan.
• Execute performance escalation standards.
• Data Integrity.
• Understand Rapid reports.
• Understand the mechanical theory of operations of the equipment.
• Support trials and engineering per area plan and OEE target.
• Participation in weekly Area strategic alignment meeting.
• Completion of safety f-tags.
• Submission of any incident Root Cause Analysis (SHE-EWO) and near misses on shift.
• Ensure team is abiding by all plant SHE policies and standards.
Location: Jefferson City, MO
Salary: $24.50 + OT
Schedule: 2 on, 2 off, 3 on, 3 off
Career Progression: This is a developmental role that could lead to increasing leadership within the company. In this role you will be challenged to develop your line shift team. You will have to understand the line strategy and deliver that strategy on shift. You will have to lead a collaborative autonomous work team by building equipment knowledge, technical and problem-solving skills to safely and efficiently deliver high quality product.
• Associate degree in relevant electro-mechanical/technical field or enrollment in a technical program is required.
• 2 or more years related work experience within an operations environment with a strong technical skillset preferred.
• Ability to develop leadership, facilitation, coaching and organization skills.
• Ability to develop team, work collaboratively, and perform in an autonomous work environment with a strong sense of self-accountability.
• Demonstrated and verified mechanical skills in manufacturing operations.
• Basic computer skills.
• Bias for Action.
• Drive for solutions.
• One Team mindset.
• Able to lead autonomously with clear direction to the team, make fact driven decisions, and multitask in a dynamic environment.