Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Defense and Mass Transportation Sales Manager positions with an industrial group manufacturing and marketing high quality building materials and insulation systems.
Location: Live Anywhere - Corp offices in Marysville, TN
Salary: $110K+ // Base and Bonus Structure
Travel: 40-60%. Expect 2-3 weeks of each month and some overseas travel.
Benefits: Competitive benefits package starting from your first day of employment: 401 (k)/Profit Sharing/ESOP, Medical/Dental/Vision, Disability/ Life Insurance, Paid Time Off and holidays
As a Defense and Mass Transportation Sales Manager, you will be responsible for the growth and development of the company’s business in these segments. You will be responsible for establishing relationships with transport and defense manufacturers, parts fabricators, consulting engineers, and related customers to promote the use of company products & services in their specifications and contracts. Responsibilities will include:
• Achieve budgeted sales and margin goals in targeted segments.
• Successful close rates on opportunities managed through company’s CRM.
• Develop productive external and internal relationships.
• Find new avenues for revenue streams (cross-selling) within these sectors.
• Understand the customer application requirements well enough to credibly demonstrate company’s value proposition.
• Build quality relationships with the mass transportation/defense manufacturers, component fabricators, distributors, and specifying entities.
• Assess and prioritize new opportunities based on earnings potential, resource requirements, timing, and company strategic initiatives
• Be highly active in the mass transportation and defense and market segments to maximize company’s presence and business results.
• Fully utilize company’s CRM applications to share and use knowledge and track and communicate about sales opportunities and project tasks.
• Define, assess, and support growth opportunities for new and existing customers within markets and regions.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
• Provide ongoing market feedback to product management and business development teams to guide future product development and innovation.
• Assist company leadership team during the business planning cycle related to sales forecast and segment strategy.
• Develop a full understanding of the competition, products, tactics, and strategies to enable effective promotion and feedback.
• Administrative duties as is normally required for a travelling sales manager (CRM data management, trip and expense reports, white papers, and market and customer presentations).
• Participate and represent company at national and local trade shows and industry seminars.
• Report to the Region Director.
• Work in collaboration with the segment global sales team.
• Liaise with product managers and the Technical Service Department.
• Manage distributors and fabricators and build a close relationship with them.
• Develop strong working relationship with customer service rep assigned to the business.
• Work closely with other segment sales managers to cover opportunities and drive sales growth.
• Attend Defense Trade Shows and Conferences.
• Assist writing technical white papers to capture new Defense programs.
• 5+ years of experience in B2B sales within the Defense or Transportation industry.
• Basic understanding of thermal insulation and passive fire protection applications.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business or engineering discipline or proven sales record within the industry.
• Awareness and compliance with the highest levels of workplace safety.
• English fluency and US citizenship.
• Excellent organizational skills and informal leadership/influencing abilities.
• Ability to meet people with confidence and reserve; be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing and feel comfortable working with customers in the field.
• Experience with CRMs and online sales tools, preferably Salesforce.com.
• Experience of DPAS rated orders.
• Experience working with large “Prime” Defense contractors.
• Experience negotiating T&C’s of large enterprise customers (specifically for DoD).
• Basic understanding of guided munitions.
• Basic understanding of US Navy fire protection requirements.
• PMP certification a plus.
• DAU certificate(s) a plus (i.e. Defense Priorities and Allocation System).