Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting for Electrical Field Service Technician positions with a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport, and infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, our client is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products.
As an Electrical Field Service Technician, your responsibilities will include:
• Plan, organize, and perform multifunctional field assignments in designated areas of expertise, directing the work of other field engineers and craft labor as required, in a timely and efficient manner.
o Low Voltage Circuit breaker troubleshooting and maintenance.
o Relay calibration.
o MV switchgear maintenance and troubleshooting.
o UPS systems.
o PLC programming.
o LV controls troubleshooting and repair.
o Packaged AC drive commissioning and troubleshooting.
o Process control.
• Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability.
• Maintain knowledge of applicable product line warranties, and accomplish effective warranty administration.
• Plan, prepare, and/or instruct both internal and external training programs as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge in area of specialization.
• Perform administrative functions; such as, writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, timesheets, and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis.
• Maintain knowledge of the report system to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information necessary.
• Knowledge of and conduct work activities in compliance with, the ES Safety Manual and Safety policy.
• Exercise good judgment in controlling costs and expenditures of Company funds.
• Protect the Company’s capital investments by properly safeguarding and maintaining that equipment for which responsible.
• Make contributions to the continued development and refinement of IS Engineering Standards and Procedures as they apply to the designated specialty and to conduct work efforts in accordance thereof.
• Develop knowledge of Energy Services Terms and Conditions and those of customers and subcontractors, and perform activities so as to minimize risk and assure compliance.
• Strive to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction in all transactions and relationships.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Salary: $28-$32/hour base, plus OT & vehicle. First Year W2 = $66K–$78K first year
Travel Requirements: In this position, you will service numerous customers within the region.
Supervisory: In this position, you will have minimal supervisory responsibilities; however, self-leadership is a must. You will interface with customers and much of your work is done with great autonomy.
• Short- and Long-term Disability Program
• Paid Vacation, Personal, and Holidays
• 401(k) Plan
• Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
• 2 weeks of vacation, 10 paid holidays, 5 sick days, and 3 personal days
• Company Vehicle, computer, cell phone allowance, per diem
Career Progression: There are excellent career opportunities for you at the company. Based on background and performance, there are opportunities in Operations, Quality, Engineering, and Six Sigma.
• Experienced industrial electricians with 5 - 10 years of expertise in power delivery and drives maintenance and troubleshooting.
• Experience with most of the following: switchgear, protective relays, protective relay calibration, transformer maintenance and testing, "Doble Testing", high voltage maintenance, field engineer & design background, SF6 breaker experience, etc.