Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Maintenance Mechanic position.
Position Details: Maintenance Master Mechanic
Location: Cedar City, Utah
Benefits: Competitive pay and benefits package.
Maintain all equipment/machinery and building in good working order and repair as necessary.
• Provide and maintain appropriate tools and toolbox to perform all necessary job functions.
• Perform assigned Preventive Maintenance/ Safety Programs per defined schedule with accurate and complete documentation.
• Complete all assigned Work Orders in a timely manner.
• Maintain Maintenance Parts Inventory per Infor and Plant Sanitation standards including:
o Ensuring tag is pulled and turned in when part is pulled out of inventory
o Recording correct parts used on all work orders
o Parts are re-stocked in appropriate location per Infor System
• Able to breakdown and setup all Extrusion and Thermoforming product on machinery to standards set including:
o Knowledge of quality/operational standards per product
o Quality inspections performed
o Work area cleaned
o Ensuring that tooling is in good working condition prior to setup
o Cleaning, maintenance and proper storage of tooling upon breakdown
• Perform electrical work pursuant to the company’s Electrical Safety Policies and Procedures including Arc Flash.
• Perform welding pursuant to the Hot Work Permit Program
• Perform complicated mechanical work
• Operate forklifts, scissor lifts and articulating beam lifts
• Basic understanding of extrusion and thermoforming process and machinery and assisting Maintenance personnel to ensure quality production uptime including:
o Diagnosing of problem (Microphraser and Ballerina control systems, dies, ovens, trim press, etc.)
o Repair of problem with supervision to ensure maximum production run time.
• Adjustment to daily schedule (break times, meal periods, etc.) to ensure machinery is back in full production to maximize production uptime.
• Assisting all facility shutdown and startup procedures correctly and completely.
• Perform or assist in necessary repairs to building including but not limited to:
o Plumbing, Roof, Silos, Trenchs, heating and air systems, dock doors and plates, chiller system, parking lot, building additions/renovations, equipment modifications, new equipment installations
• Perform Hot Work Permit procedures to ensure full OSHA compliance with regulations.
• Operate all PIT equipment per OSHA specifications, including daily inspections, changing of batteries/propane tank, etc.
• Perform all housekeeping functions necessary to business operations (from daily shift requirements to Plant Sanitation audits) in respective work areas at all times.
• Hazardous materials handling to include unloading rail cars and tanker trucks containing isopentane and butane.
• Perform all “end of shift” job functions including:
o Communicate all equipment and material issues arising from the operation of the shift with on-coming Maintenance personnel and/or Shift Supervisors/Maintenance Manager at each shift change.
o Clean and organize work area
o All maintenance parts and tools are properly stored
o Breakroom is neat and clean
• Unload “incoming” product/material for receipt and placement into facility as business demands.
• Assist in building/machinery preparation of all Plant Sanitation/OSHA audits.
• Function as relief to any production position (packer, material handler, machine operator) as business demands.
• Work overtime as business demands, including monthly training classes as mandated by OSHA and Plant Sanitations Certifications.
• Comply with all company policies and procedures, including all safety regulations.
• Perform any and all job assignments/functions (including special projects) as necessary to daily business demands as instructed by Management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• 1 years experience of manufacturing maintenance experience to include: maintenance/repair of plant machinery and facility upkeep. Exposure and limited knowledge of welding, trouble-shooting of pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical controls a plus.
• Ability to understand, read, write and speak English as all Maintenance personnel will be required to read and interpret Company documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; required to complete and document all required reports accurately and without assistance; and communicate with Supervisors and co-workers regarding daily operations of equipment and material being produced.
• Ability to operate a calculator.
• Ability to read and understand instrumentation gauges
• Ability to understand and determine “differentiation pressures” from a pressure controller
• Able to apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions.
• Ability to recognize and identify problems with machines and/or material via collection of data and interpretation of that data.
• Ability to apply common sense “understanding” to carry out written or oral instructions.
• Ability to apply troubleshooting techniques to issues as they arise and seek help when necessary.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to differentiate between “good” and “bad” quality.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Powered Industrial Truck Certification (forklift, clamp, sissor lift, etc.)
• Lockout/Tagout Certification