Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Customer Service Representative positions with America's largest privately owned new home builder, primarily building mid-priced to high-end homes. Headquartered in Walnut, California, the company develops new home communities in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Washington. Its communities offer home designs that include condominiums, townhomes, traditional single-family detached homes, and luxury residences.
Location: Denver, NC
Compensations: Competitive compensation packages which include a base salary, quarterly bonuses, as well as a car allowance ($65k+ first year).
Benefits: The company also offers a 401k plan with match and profit sharing. The benefits package includes medical/dental/vision/prescription/wellness benefits, life insurance, short- and long-term disability coverage, paid time off, paid company holidays, home purchase discounts, discounted legal services, and tax preparation assistance.
Career Progression: Within 24 months, a successful CSR can move into various roles (Superintendent, Field Manager, Project Manager, Sales). Other divisions include Mortgage and Escrow where career transfers are possible.
As a Customer Service Representative, you will manage, direct, and accept accountability for all customer service activities and reporting functions associated with the Customer Service Department. You will provide leadership and manage the coordination of all activities within the customer service process, thus optimizing the effectiveness of TradePartner, ensuring compliance with the company’s customer satisfaction and quality assurance standards, and maintaining a safe work environment. Responsibilities will include:
Key Result Area #1 – Customer Satisfaction
• Establish and maintain regular and proactive communication with internal customer and homeowners.
• Manage and resolve customer issues within company goals and communicate progress on completion.
• Review surveys and associated reporting tools to understand trends and adjust accordingly.
• Educate homeowner on the care and maintenance of their home.
Key Result Area #2 – Scheduling
• Meet response time goals.
• Deliver timely and accurate paperwork.
• Ensure execution of daily schedule.
• Hold TradePartner™ and suppliers accountable to schedule system and confirm schedule on a daily basis.
• Ensure home is next trade ready.
Key Result Area #3 – Quality Assurance
• Complete milestone Quality Performance Reviews and/or targeted reviews, document corrective actions, and follow-up to ensure completion of corrective items.
• Educate the homeowner on feature / function / benefit of products in their home.
• Perform 1-5-11-15 month visits and Rapid Response.
• Perform Targeted Reviews.
Key Result Area #4 – Safety and Site Management
• Understand and champion the company’s safety program.
• Ensure each home site is left clean.
• Participate in monthly safety training program.
Key Result Area #5 – TradePartner Management
• Ensure complete knowledge of scope of work.
• Complete purchase order request on same day.
• Review and approve invoices daily.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with TradePartner.
• Follow up with TradePartner for next day appointments (TradePartner Appointment Sheet).
Key Result Area #6 - Cost Management
• Demonstrates utilization of customer service software for generating work orders and follow up cost tracking.
• Have knowledge of risk management elements to avoid litigation.
• Strong leadership and project management experience.
• Any construction experience is a major key, even if it was outside of the military.
• Candidate should display an understanding of how the construction industry works and prove that they can be successful at dealing with contractor companies. Give examples of dealing with multiple tasks and be able to grasp the concept of Critical Path Construction.
• Strong communication skills, conflict resolution, problem solving planning are all key to success.
• Able to earn the respect of team members, TradePartners, and peers.
• Offer constructive input at meetings.
• Proven customer communication skills.
• Self-starter, strong work ethic, and creative thinker.
• Demonstrate ability to mentor Level I superintendents.
• Anticipate and prepare for change.
• Ability to act without supervision.
• Effectively handle difficult situations.
• Encourage participation of others.
• Effectively maintain a clean and professional jobsite and work area.
• Pro-active thinker and experience in very few crisis situations.
• Active participation in process improvement.
• Participate with company mission and vision statements.
• Effectively manage customer expectations (internal and external).
• Demonstrate the ability to share “best practices”.