Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Business Development Manager positions with the largest provider of vehicular natural gas (CNG and LNG) in North America with a broad customer base in the refuse, transit, shuttle, taxi, intrastate and interstate trucking, airport, and municipal fleet markets with tens of thousands of vehicles fueling at strategic locations in the United States.
As a Business Development Manager, you will generate sales of company products and services including but not limited to compressed natural gas (CNG), liquefied natural gas (LNG), renewable natural gas (RNG), fueling stations, and maintenance services in a specific market segment(s) as defined by performing the following duties:
• Manage existing customer contracts and seek out, sell, and close new and renewal contract opportunities.
• Establish, manage and grow relationships with various prospects, clients, and partners in the natural gas for transportation fuel industry.
• Establish and develop relationships with local decision makers (i.e. city council members, fleet managers, public works directors, etc.).
• Educate the economic and health benefits of natural gas vehicles to local communities, city councils and trade associations.
• Market to new and existing customers through creation, development, and implementation of various business solutions.
• Coordinate planning of marketing promotions, including advertising, and special sales.
• Travel throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders and communicate with customers by phone and email.
• Forecast and estimate demand for proposed projects based on market research and consumer trends.
• Develop and deliver proposals and presentations on company services to small, medium and large groups.
• Draft, develop, negotiate, review and understand station contracts and fueling agreements.
• Provide input to the management team on new product or service features to be developed to meet current and future customer needs.
• Work closely with the Engineering department on development of assigned projects.
• Work closely with Operations department on station operations and performance.
• Keep account activities, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) records and activities, and literature up-to-date.
• Other duties as assigned.
Location: Must live within NY/NJ/CT area. Must be local with established contacts. City is open, must be close to airport.
• Bachelor’s Degree plus a minimum of 5 years of sales and/or account management experience.
• Technical sales or government contracting experience helpful, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working for a company with vehicle fleets.
• Experience with reading and understanding financial statements desirable.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Knowledge, skills, and experience with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Excel), Internet, Social Media, and CRM systems (company uses Microsoft Dynamics).
• Must consistently produce high quality work (accurate, neat, and thorough).
• Strive to improve productivity, processes, and quality.
• Demonstrate strong knowledge and skills related to the job.
• Present a professional image with dress, demeanor, and manners.
• Maintain clean workspace, company equipment, and company vehicles.
• Safety is a high priority; must perform job safely.
• Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, effectively, professionally, and timely.
• Exhibit good listening and comprehension skills.
• Keep others appropriately informed and share ideas even when unpopular. Listen to what others have to say.
• Maintain open and active communication with colleagues.
• Effectively use knowledge and experience in asking, probing, and anticipating issues to ensure quality is provided.
• Able to foster the spirit of working with each other.
• Display respect, courtesy, politeness, tact, and openness.
• Handle conflict in an appropriate and professional manner.
• Build relationships, promote cohesiveness, model collaboration with others.
• Ability to consider impact and issues for customer and other departments.
• Ability to engage other impacted departments early for solutions.
• Ability to develop workable alternatives and solutions.
• Exhibit persistence in following assignments through to completion. Promote process improvements.
• Be reliable and able to respond in a timely manner.
• Be honest, ethical, value-driven, and trustworthy.
• Must keep commitments made, complete assignments and meet deadlines.
• Accountable--Take responsibility for own actions and performance. Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines. Available and accessible.
• Must take initiative and appropriate action.
• Be engaged and committed to achieving the company’s mission.
• Pursue better ways to get things done and take appropriate risks.
• Must keep up to date with competitor information and market trends.
• Be committed to the satisfaction of customers.
• Must provide clear direction around a vision. Create actionable plans and be proactive and anticipatory.
• Demonstrate innovative approaches and solutions. Be an example for employees and others.
• Must accept responsibility for individual and team performance and make appropriate and timely decisions and take action on decisions.
• Ability to set clear and reasonable performance expectations.
• Ability to motivate and empower others.
• Ability to delegate tasks appropriately and recruit staff of a high caliber.
• Ability to provide feedback to subordinates that is timely and direct.
• Can recognize subordinates for their contributions and effort and encourage continuous growth and learning in others.
• Ability to show respect for others and their ideas and help others manage through change.
• Be excited and create enthusiasm about the company’s future.
• Can promote a sense of company pride and display a sense of pride in the department and its contributions.
• Must display passion for the job.