Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for an Electrical Technician position.
Position Description: Electrical Technician
To effectively perform all duties of a Maintenance Controls Technician in an efficient manner, while following all company policies and procedures. All jobs performed safely, efficiently, and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality and Reliability and our Customer First strategy. The purpose of this position is to support and troubleshoot all industrial control systems including OEM “Original Equipment Manufacturer Control Systems”, process control systems, Wonderware SCADA systems, VFD’s, Servos, HMIs, and control networks. As well as support the team process by gaining the knowledge and skills to be able to proficiently operate all machinery associated with the specific team. Essential job functions include:
• Run diagnostic tests on malfunctioning equipment, run diagnostics and repair in all areas of plant automation. Perform Preventative Maintenance, ensuring stock of critical spares, properly inputting data into the CMMS system, executing work orders, backing up programs and keeping prints and manuals up to date.
• Troubleshoot and commission variable frequency drives, servo systems, robotics and industrial networks including Rockwell, Siemens, Beckoff and GE. Perform I/O checks and PLC upgrades as well as maintain and update documentation and performing control system backups.
• Commission control systems, troubleshoot operational issues, perform equipment and process instrumentation calibration including flow transmitters, pressure transmitters, level sensors, etc.
• Develop enhancements and improvements of industrial control schemes to drive operational improvements and cost reductions.
• Troubleshooting PLC, HMI, motor, and motor control problems
• Maintain all PLC programs for all the systems assigned.
• Troubleshoot control network problems. Understand and support the architecture and parameters of the network for PLCs, Wonderware and Process Databases, including problems associated w/ wiring, and corrupted files, failed components & setups.
• Completes assigned planned work orders, writes work requests, and works with other team members in troubleshooting and repairing processing and packaging equipment.
• Complete training and become proficient in operating all machinery associated with team.
• Complete safety observations as assigned.
The employee will follow all SQF policies and requirements:
• Will follow established programs, policies, and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
• Will support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF Systems.
• Will be accountable to the Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
Location: Springdale, OH
Travel Requirements: No
Shift Work: 2nd Shift. The average work week is a week of 5 shifts of 8-hour lengths, and usually one of those shifts will be on a Saturday or Sunday (you should expect to work one weekend shift per week, with 2 days off in a row every week).
Requirements: Our client is looking for electrician and industrial electronics candidates with strong backgrounds in industrial control systems. You must demonstrate a strong work ethic, drive, and good attention to detail. Specific skills required for this position include:
• 2 – 5 years industrial controls experience using Allen Bradley and RS Logix control platforms (ControlLogix, Simatic, PanelView Plus, RSView ME,) and similar control platforms.
• Software (AutoCAD, RSLogic, RSLinx, RSView ME, Wonderware, and MS Office).
• Working knowledge of all automation standard practices as defined by the Instrument Systems and Automation (ISA).
Salary: $ 29.31/hour to start, plus OT, plus Shift Differential ($0.70/hour premium pay for 2nd shift)
First Year = $62,421 plus OT
Benefits: Our client wants you to be a success! They want to ensure this by giving you a wide variety of career opportunities as well as offer you a comprehensive benefits package, one of the best in their industry to include: Medical Insurance Plans, Vision Care, Prescription Drug Coverage, Dental Care, Disability Benefits, Life Insurance Benefits, 401(k) Plan, Holidays/personal days, Vacation, Professional Liability Coverage, Continuing Education Benefits, Scholarship Program, Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Assistance Program.
Keys to Successful Interview: Behaviors and skills needed to successfully fulfill this position include…
• Leadership Behaviors:
o Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
o Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
o Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
o Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
o Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
o Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
o Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
o Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
o Safety Awareness -Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
• Job Specific Skills:
o Quality Orientation - Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking and documenting processes and tasks.
o Time Management (Reliability) - Effectively managing one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
o Continuous Learning - Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
o Contributing to Team Success - Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
o Work Standards - Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
• Key Words / Experience / Knowledge:
o Industrial Electrical experience with 208/480 power and circuits
o Variable Frequency Drive experience
o Material handling equipment, conveyors, Fanuc Robots, Lantech Stretch Wrappers
o Packaging equipment including Vertical Form Fill seal, cartoner and case packing equipment
o Controls and automation –Allen Bradley
o Demonstrated strong mechanical experience with drives, gear boxes, chain/sprockets, etc.
o AC/DC electrical skills and systematic problem-solving experience
o Blueprint reading and interpretation
o Focused on Reliability and not simple ‘fix solutions’
o Ingredient storage and transfer system experience – flour, sugar, oil systems