Position ID: #EB-1622960796
Date Posted: 9/22/2017 4:07:31 PM
Location: Indianapolis, IN
As a Production Team Leader, you will have responsibility to achieve productivity, deliverability, customer service, cost, quality, safety and employee relation objectives through both individual and team contributions. Additional responsibilities will include:
• Providing direction, leadership, development and support to more than 60 direct reports through empowerment, teamwork, on the job assignments and continuous improvement initiatives.
• Leading team members to identify, manage, and execute the plant’s process improvement opportunities and quality goals.
• Identifying problems or bottlenecks in production processes and resolving issues.
• Ensuring production resources - including materials, equipment and human resources - are available as needed to maintain production schedules.
• Supporting continuous improvement goals in safety, quality, cost and customer service.
• Managing and owning various functions of the business and creating an engaged and team oriented work force in order to improve business results.
• Monitoring production to ensure that quality, productivity, and cost standards are maintained.
• Providing employee training to ensure that employees are performing job responsibilities effectively.
• Assisting with the supervision of sanitation operations as necessary to promote and maintain a clean and food safe environment.
• Enforcing plant rules, regulations and procedures.
• Evaluating subordinate performance, communicating with employees, and providing information for work performance improvement.
• Participating in the support of plant and company safety programs, promoting and maintaining a high level of awareness and adherence to defined employee safety requirements such as lock-out/tag-out, personal protective equipment, confined space entry, etc.
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Salary: $55K-$60K, plus OT. First year W2 will be ~$70K.
Shift: This is a 1st Shift leadership position.
Benefits: Our client offers an unmatched, wide-ranging, and complete benefits package including comprehensive healthcare benefits, retirement programs, insurance, and much, much more making the company a great place to work.
• Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred (and required for future advancement).
• Must be able to demonstrate a history of team-building based on personal development and process improvement.
• Must be prepared to discuss the challenges (and also similarities) you anticipate facing in making the transition from the military to a fast-paced, timeline-driven, and output-driven production environment.
• Must appear excited, enthusiastic, and show you are willing to tackle any job and learn fast.
• Must be able to show examples of how you learned fast in the military. Give examples of your commitment to seeing jobs through to completion with high attention to detail.