Orion is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for a Fortune 100 Global Leader
Our client is a Fortune 100 global leader that invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macro trends such as safety, security, and energy. With approximately 132,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, this is your chance to start your civilian career with a world-renown company that has an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything it represents.
Position ID: #EB-4628753233
Date Posted: 6/5/2018 12:00:00 AM
Location: Denver, CO
Position ID: #EB-1838782964
Date Posted: 3/20/2018 3:55:15 PM
Location: Oak Creek, WI
As a Senior Field Service Specialist, you will be responsible for all projects, sales, life cycle service, and ongoing customer support of the company’s engineered and installed projects and systems throughout your assigned territory. You will travel to customer sites to perform troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, and ongoing service of hardware and software, including upgrades in a cost-effective manner throughout the lifecycle of the system. In doing so, you will support and grow your region’s installed base of equipment. Key responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot and perform preventative and corrective maintenance on customer’s systems, system configuration and implementation, power-on support, schematic support, point building, upgrades, consulting and CL programming of equipment.
- Respond to emergency calls and resolve them within the guidelines that meet or exceed customer expectations and requirements; 24/7 standby rotation may be required.
- Accurately document work performed.
Location: Oak Creek, WI
Salary: You can expect to make around $49K-$73K, depending on experience
Shift: Traditional workday hours Monday - Friday with some overtime expected, home on weekends
Travel: 30-50% of the time, mainly by vehicle, usually no overnight travel.
Benefits: In addition to a competitive salary, our client offers outstanding medical/dental/vision plans; an excellent 401K (up to 8% match of employee contribution); bonus opportunities based on company performance depending on position (0-5% of salary annually); tuition reimbursement; and an excellent training program.
- Strong electronics background with 6+ years’ experience in maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of computer based process control systems and software support.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent military training and experience in information or engineering technology, engineering or computer science.
- Experience with hardware and software systems experience.
- Proven skills in problem solving.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills.