Position ID: #EB-1959806517
Date Posted: 10/15/2018 2:03:01 PM
Location: Newark, NJ
As a Field Service Engineer (FSE), you will troubleshoot, service, install (deploy), and repair inspection products at customer sites. You will maintain field service log and filing system to properly initiate, organize, and maintain all field service and job files until work is completed. When not on travel, you will provide assistance to the Technical Support staff. You will also conduct follow up calls with the customer to check system status. You will look for common-mode problem occurrences and seek to resolve them, both independently and with the aid of others. Additional responsibilities will include:
• Meeting daily service repair needs and driving customer satisfaction.
• Install repairs and maintain equipment in the field; provide customer training as required.
• Document all inspections, maintenance, repair work and submit paperwork in a timely basis.
• Order, install, and return parts and manage repair parts cycle time.
• Review all logs for open issues and prepare formal reports to customers as necessary.
• Participate in Service sales opportunities and assist with promoting and implementing revenue programs.
• Ensure that tools and test equipment are properly maintained and calibrated.
• Assess product/equipment performance based on field support data; recommend modifications or improvements.
• Seek to provide technical support to customers and other service professionals as required.
• May participate in site surveys, pilot program service activities, attend meetings, champion special projects, and prepare exclusive reports.
• Maintain clear and concise business communication proficiency, both oral and written.
• Establish and maintain a close relationship with senior level FSEs and Product Specialist in order to support the needs of the customer and remain aware of current technical trends.
• Exercise every available measure to control and minimize costs.
• Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
Interviews for the Field Service Engineer position will be held at Orion’s Hiring Conference in Parsippany, NJ on October 28-29.
Location: Newark, NJ
Salary: $60K base + benefits. You will be given both bonus and commissions, end of year W2 will be $75K+. Car allowance ($8100/year), mileage allowance and other items will be given to ensure you have the tools to succeed in the field.
Shift: Most of the work will be done during normal business hours and you will be supported while in the field. Keep in mind you keep all rewards points for travel. Overtime and work hours other than Monday-Friday may be required.
Supervisory role: While supervision is not considered a primary responsibility of this position, there may be instances where supervision of others on a project basis may be required.
Travel: 30% Overnight. Typical travel will be Monday-Friday, rarely if ever will it extend over a weekend. Typical project will be tied into installing and repairing equipment in the field as well as some training.
Benefits: Our client provides an entrepreneurial environment within the context of a dynamic global organization. It offers excellent benefits, including: health, dental, vision, prescription, life, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability; 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement; employee referral bonus and training.
• Ideal candidate will have some level of Electrical/Electronic education including ideally a related Degree (AA or Military equivalent acceptable).
• Computer literacy required.
• Ideal candidate will have 6+ years’ experience, directly involved in troubleshooting and field repair of electrical and electronic systems and equipment. Ideal Military ratings include Electronics (ET) FC, Avionics, Nuke ET/EM, and EMs.
• Strong electronic repair troubleshooting methodology and maintains at least an intermediate technical level of product knowledge. Cross trains on all products serviced in the field.
• Excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal skills with the ability to multi-task several projects at once.
• Excellent customer service skills and the ability to handle stressful situations.
• Team-oriented and flexible, actively seek to share information and assist peers.
• Outstanding telephone skills.
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted
• Must be responsive to all customer issues at all times.
• Have own credit card and willing and able to travel at short notice.
• Willing to work on special projects, some with high visibility.
• Working knowledge of PC applications (MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint) to provide clear, concise information summaries as needed.