Position ID: #EB-4131606174
Date Posted: 2/21/2019 1:03:25 PM
Location: Plano, TX
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Resident Service Technician positions with a leading global provider of multi-channel communications technologies and services for printers, mailers, and data driven companies. Some of our clients’ patented products include high-speed mail labelling machines and associated optimization software, digital printers and packaging systems. The company is dedicated to helping businesses improve the effectiveness and reduce the costs of these communications by increasing workflow efficiencies, maximizing USPS work-share discounts, and improving the quality of address data.
As a Resident Service Technician, you will troubleshoot and repair a variety of industrial products that include, but are not limited to: printing equipment, recycling products, mailing and sorting machines, credit card embossing, and processing and other applicable third-party accessories attached as part of these systems. In this role, you will manage a parts inventory, schedule and perform regular predictive/preventive maintenance on equipment and respond to customer service calls. Crucial to the business and brand, you will foster positive customer relations and build a high degree of customer satisfaction by communicating effectively with customers, as well as by acting as a liaison between the customer and other departments/functions of the company. Additional responsibilities will include:
• Minimize customer downtime by troubleshooting and repairing more complex Inserting, Sorting and other 3rd party mail processing or associated equipment problems; this includes electrical, mechanical and software problems; provide technical assistance to other local technicians as required; make training recommendations where appropriate.
• Maintain customer equipment by scheduling and performing regular preventive maintenance (PM) inspections; performing routine servicing to machines; working with support personnel to install new equipment and perform equipment upgrades; reporting machine safety hazards to local supervisor; storing and maintaining company tools and test equipment in accordance with Service Standards.
• Perform administrative tasks by managing parts inventory, customer service calls and preventative maintenance schedules; create and analyze various dashboard reports, parts usage reports, and site history to ensure adequate parts availability for maximum customer uptime; preparing and submitting expense reports and adhere to the best practices as defined by organization.
• Foster positive customer relations and a high degree of customer satisfaction by communicating effectively with customers; responding to complaints/inquiries in a cooperative, supportive, and professional manner; resolve problems timely and efficiently.
• Maintain and expand technical knowledge by attending product training classes on assigned equipment.
• Provide seven (7) day/week twenty-four (24) hour/day availability for emergency customer assistance as required; respond to emergency and non-scheduled calls for service within established response time based on establish guidelines or contractual obligations.
• Contribute to the team/work group efforts to provide quality support to the customer base.
• Contribute by identifying opportunities to improve the timeliness and quality of the level of service provided.
• Maximize product performance by submitting OMS tickets; developing and presenting recommendations on short and long-term resolutions; maintaining a Field Problem listing for supervisors and customers; recommend improvements to product design through the appropriate software tools, and keep management informed of any customer concerns within the territory.
• Contribute to the team/work group efforts to provide extensive quality support to the customer base by assisting and supporting PM/RCM completions, DOE, installations, complex repairs, FCOs, upgrades, moves/relocations and other related tasks in a cooperative/supportive manner.
• Maintain and expand technical knowledge by attending product training classes on a full complement of company-supported products within the assigned territory; review service updates and bulletins, installation/retrofit instructions, system machine schematics, etc.; establishing personal networks. Able to re-certify on all equipment under his/her direct accountability. Continue to enhance value to company by staying technically current; i.e. attending continuing education courses in such areas as networking and software, etc.
• Responsible for generating incremental revenue through other income generation efforts, such as Parts & Labor sales/contests, identification/recommendation of equipment upgrades/refurbishments, etc.
Location: Plano, TX
Benefits: 2 weeks PTO, 7 holidays during the year, plus those of the customer you’re working with; 401k
• Experience in electronics/mechanics/software training with 4+ years related equipment experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. The company has hired military technicians in the past for this role and had great success.