Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Service Center Manager positions with a global supplier of temporary power generation equipment and of temperature control equipment. Our client works around the clock, making sure its customers get the electricity, heating, and cooling they need, whenever they need it – all powered by the company’s trademark passion, unrivalled international experience, and local knowledge. From urban development to unique commercial projects and even humanitarian emergencies, our client brings its expertise and equipment to any location, from the world’s busiest cities to some of the most remote places on earth.
As a Service Center Manager, you will lead and manage technicians and coordinate the preparation and repair of company equipment. You will be responsible for coordinating all activities within their assigned service centers, delivering positive operational performance results, and leading and coordinating the operations teams, primarily made up of technicians. The role has direct responsibility for Customer service delivery and the coordination and facilitation of core operations activities in the service centers. Additional responsibilities will include:
• Act as Local HSE Representative responsible for driving safety performance and accountability.
• Ensure that facilities and work areas are safe, clean, and fully operational.
• Conduct daily toolbox and Safety meetings.
• Rigorously adhere to safety practices and quality standards.
• Core responsibility for Service execution delivery resulting in enhanced customer service levels.
• Directly responsible for technician supervision and deployment through planning and scheduling.
• Responsible for the completion and management of IDPs; Collaborate with Regional Service Specialists to drive workforce planning through skills development; responsible for ensuring skill sets meet the organizational needs.
• Enforce standards, execute objectives, and hold team accountable for performance.
• Ensure optimal team performance and capability by providing day-to-day leadership, coaching, development, and corrective action.
• Provide appropriate, relevant, and timely input, and recommendations for personnel decisions (hiring, termination, promotion, performance management, salary administration) to Regional Operations Leader.
• Maintain staffing levels in accordance with optimum shop and field technician deployment guidelines.
• Review and approve Daily Timesheets challenging and ensuring effective and efficient use of labor.
• Coordinate contract labor associated with shop support and/or job execution.
• Ensure the timely maintenance, availability, and reliability of fleet for deployment.
• Ensure accuracy of Fleet Readiness, Utilization, inventory, and other related information.
• Schedule and coordinate the appropriate and timely deployment of fleet and staff.
• Execute National Logistics and other areas Equipment Transfer requests and ensure equipment deployed is ‘green carded’ and fully functional at time of deployment.
• Responsible for Fleet test and turn.
• Manage Fleet repairs and driving improvements related to fleet quality and reliability
• Ensure completion of PM servicing and oil sampling.
• Drive Retrofit completions.
• Drive Checklist completion.
• Responsible for timely equipment delivery.
• Accountable for Parts supply and core returns.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with GSCS standards.
• Accountable for delivery on all key operations metrics such as sets in service, on-time service completions, etc.
• Requisition and report receipt of supplies, parts, and fleet.
• Review, approve, and close service orders.
• Execute customer contracts and deliver service in accordance with company procedures.
• Personally champion and ensure effective adherence to company policies and procedures.
• Drive adherence to business practices and cost controls to ensure profitability.
• Act as primary contact for ARM alarms.
• Execute tasks per the monthly operations calendar.
Location: Swedesboro, NJ
Salary: $110K base + 10% bonus
Work Environment: The regular work environment is usually an office setting with conditions typical of an office. The employee may infrequently be exposed to other conditions, such as outside weather conditions. The work environment usually has a quiet to moderate noise level. You may be asked or required to work after regular business hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Competitive base salary
• Company benefit plans (medical, dental, life, disability, vision)
• Paid leave (vacation, personal)
• 401K plan with company match
• Process Management: Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
• Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
• Directing Others: Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with others on work and results; brings out the best in people; is a clear communicator.
• Planning: Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
• Drive For Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or technical field preferred.
• 3-5 years of leadership experience preferred.
• 3+ years of direct line management required.
• 3+ year of experience managing technical employees required.
• Successful experience in management against key performance indicators, leading/managing an Operations Team.
• Proficiency in office technology, including but not limited to, MS Office or ERP.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
• High level of self-motivation, initiative, accountability and commitment.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to effectively speak before and present information and respond to questions from management, employees and vendors.
• Skilled at multitasking with flexibility and adaptability to changing schedules and shifting priorities.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written); proven ability to communicate effectively cross functionally within company and the customer.
• Ability to interface and demonstrate leadership both internally and externally.
• Ability to work day-time hours and on-call schedule including after hours and weekends.
• Comfortable with frequent periods spent sitting and standing in the same location.
• Ability to move about or lift light objects (typically less than 15 lbs.).