Job Ref: # EB-1254322144
Date Posted: 12/4/2023 8:00:00 AM
City, State: Bridgewater, NH
Salary: $32 - $35
DescriptionGo to end ⇓
• Title: Plant Control Room Operator
• Location: Bridgewater, NH
• Shift: 12-hour shifts/ 7:30 – 7:30 rotating days and nights every three weeks, 36 hours one week and 48 hours the next (40 hours straight time and 8 hours overtime). Example: work MT off WTh work FSS, next week- off MT work WTh off FSS
• Travel: None
• Compensation: $32/hr - $35/hr + OT
• Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, FSA, Long and Short-term Disability, Group Life, AD&D
• Vaccine Requirement: None
• Responsible for operating and monitoring the status of all plant systems and activities from the Control Room on a continuous basis.
• Directs the Plant Technician (AO) in performance of all shift required activities.
• Responds to alarms by taking appropriate corrective actions, executes plant shut down, plant start-up and maintenance as required.
• Report equipment conditions or other facility anomalies that could affect plant status to plant management team.
• Make entries in operating logs, environmental records and other administrative documentation needed to support the operation and maintenance of the facility.
• Complete required locking and tagging of plant equipment in accordance with plant and OSHA approved practices.
• Perform assigned preventative maintenance, emergency repairs and inspection of plant mechanical and electric equipment.
• Complete routine chemical tests and make the necessary adjustments needed to operate within the established facility operating parameters.
• Perform and direct others in field adjustments of plant equipment and systems to ensure the equipment operates in accordance established operating parameters and environmental permit requirements.
• Must be able to frequently climb ladders, enter and work in confined space areas, climb and work on elevated platforms at elevations of 90 feet or more in all weather conditions.
• Must be able to read and understand operating procedures, control logic diagrams and other technical material pertinent to power plant operations and maintenance.
• Must be able to read and respond to computer-generated data, instrumentation, gauges and readouts that may vary in color.
• Steam or gas plant experience preferred.