Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Construction Consultant
Position Description: Construction Consultant
The Construction consultant will be responsible for all field operations, to include accuracy of reports, field instructions to clients, and scheduling when necessary. On a daily basis you will conduct inspections, for foundations, framing, appliances, plumbing, HVAC, roofs, drainage, and electrical. You will also consult, make reports, and track projects as directed.
Location: Orlando, FL
Travel Requirements: 30-50% (to local job sites)
Salary: $52.5k/year. This is an annual paid salary with an average of 40 hours/week worked. The candidate will receive a $.52 reimbursement for mileage and will receive a 1k bump after passing their first ICC exam, $500 for passing ICC Exam 2-4, and 1k for the 5th exam (all five may be completed anywhere from 3-9 months). Once this is complete, they will also take 5 certifications for multifamily that could potentially increase their pay another $2,500. Lastly, there are also additional commission incentives for inspections.
• Clean driving record with no DUI’s in last five years
• Must have a truck or van capable of transporting a 20’ extension ladder
• The periodic requirement to walk on the roof as clients’ needs dictate. You must be able to confidently climb a ladder to a second story roof, walk on the roof to perform the inspection, and climb the ladder down. We do not walk on any roof with a pitch greater than 6/12
• Must be capable of climbing through a 24” by 24” opening into attics from a step ladder and negotiating other tight spaces to perform inspections.
• Possess a strong attitude of what constitutes the quality of a completed home.
• Maintain strong organizational and time management skills to handle all office and field operations. Reporting must be efficient and accurate. Also, must have professional communication skills to effectively speak with client field personnel as well as office staff. Must have the ability to evaluate and train superintendents in the field and future potential coworkers.
• Any tasks directed by the C.E.O., C.O.O., or Division President that contributes to the growth and success of the company.
• Residential, Multi family, or Commercial construction experience preferred
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Organizational and time management skills
• To perform this position successfully, an individual should have knowledge of spreadsheet, database, presentation and word processing software, including: Microsoft Office, Outlook, Gmail, Google docs, and Adobe. Experience with SalesForce, or other CRM applications are a plus.
Other Key Skills and Abilities:
• The Construction Consultant will be required to obtain the following ICC and Energy testing certifications: (Residential Building Inspector, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and IECC/CAZ/HERS Tester).
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The employee is regularly required to have full use of hands and arms and must be able to speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• The performance of this position will require regular exposure to on-site construction conditions requiring the use of personal protective equipment, such-as: hard hat, safety glasses with side shields, hearing protection, brightly colored and reflective, safety apparel, footwear with durable soles and materials that prevent puncture by sharp objects and provide traction on wet, or slippery surfaces. Ambient weather conditions will cause exposure to heat, cold and wind resulting in dust exposure.
• The job of Construction Consultant is classified exempt.
Benefits: full benefits (medical, dental, 401k, life, disability, paid holidays). Sabattical after 5 years of full time employment the employee receives a paid 3 week sabbatical in addition to their paid time off. Education assistance.