Job Ref: # EB-6675500879
Date Posted: 11/28/2023 8:00:00 AM
City, State: San Bernardino, CA
Salary: $95,000 - $100,000
DescriptionGo to end ⇓
• Title: Associate Logistics Manager (Projects)
• Location: San Bernardino, CA
• Travel/Schedule: This will be a high-travel role, especially during the first 12 - 18 months (up to 80%); though you will be based at the company Customer Care Center (EC3) mentioned above, you can expect regular travel to company facilities throughout the US to assist with implementation projects. A typical travel schedule looks like two weeks out (with occasional weekend travel home) followed by one week at home. When at the home facility, you generally will work standard day hours, supporting the on-site Logistics Manager with in-house COIM projects.
• Compensation: Target base salary ~$95K - $100K
o Bonuses/Additional Compensation: Target annual bonus of 10%, and relocation assistance available on a case-by-case basis.
• Benefits: Company offers an outstanding benefits package. This includes family medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance, and continuing education/tuition assistance. Nalco matches 401k contributions and has discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Position Description: The Associate Logistics Manager (Projects) is responsible for assisting with and ensuring the smooth roll-out of the Korber Warehouse Management System (WMS) for the company’s new and existing distribution centers (their company Customer Care Centers, or “EC3s”) in North America. As part of the roll-out, you will be responsible for establishing, validating, and implementing LMS (Labor Management System) processes and assisting the EC3s to reach goals as defined by these engineered standards. There is a formal PMO deployment team and a “Project High-Score” team nationally whom will work collaboratively to drive success as a cohesive team. Some other specific responsibilities include:
• Deploy to NA sites as they go live on our new WMS system; boots on the ground to support the sites
• Collaborate with functional leaders on key performance metrics that are tracking the recovery efforts of each go live
• Drive engagement with the local teams and the support functions; using metrics to drive decisions
• Monitor site and shift performance metrics and provide necessary actions to improve productivity
• Align expectations for go lives; establish realistic timelines for each site to be achieve daily KPIs
• Provide root cause analysis of daily service escalations and provide corrective action feedback to leadership teams.
• Assist the overall site operations leader in developing and implementing site process improvements, operational changes, and collaborate on project initiatives.
• Serve as a liaison and mentor to shift supervisors and hourly leads to insure daily operational activities and goals are met.
• Drive logistics plans through clear communication and close co-operation with Customer Service, Materials Planning, Manufacturing and major suppliers/vendors.
• Partner with Quality, Planning, Manufacturing, Carriers & Customers to proactively avoid & resolve quality and service issues relating to logistics.
• Manage projects to improve performance and meet customer needs, generating and implementing innovations for improved performance and a logistical competitive advantage.
• Monitor fixed assets and coordinate implementation of approved CARs, and support budgeting for site logistics with focus on continuously improving year over year performance against metrics.
• Manage inventory control, warehousing, transportation, logistics planning, order processing & customer service driving performance to metrics through the communication standard logistics metrics to direct reports and effectively resolving quality, service & cost issues.
In order to be successful in this role, you should have significant Operations Management experience in a Logistics, Supply Chain, Manufacturing or Warehouse environment, with a strong background in utilizing ERP systems (Oracle, SAP and/or JD Edwards). A Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering or Business-related field is required. And you should have knowledge of ISO or other QMS, and experience with LEAN Manufacturing, Six Sigma, 5S, etc.