Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Title: Associate Project Manager
Location: Southern California
Shift: Normal work hours, Monday - Friday
Benefits: The company offers a 401k plan, medical/dental/vision/prescription/wellness benefits, life insurance, short and longterm disability coverage, paid time off, paid company holidays, and much more.
Travel: 1 – 2 times per month
Vaccine Requirement: No vaccine required
The Associate Project Manager will support the day-to-day implementation of grid scale solar, wind and storage power plants. The involvement of the Associate Project Manager is wide ranging and includes support of contracting, progress monitoring and coordination, cost planning and reporting for construction, equipment supply and consulting services activities.
• The Associate Project Manager coordinate project planning and implementation activities including budgeting, scheduling, contracting of major construction and owner-furnished equipment supply.
• Support development of project plan, staffing, scheduling, and budgeting for each phase of project execution, including design, engineering, procurement, and construction.
• Manage changes with agility and adapt to rapidly evolving industry technologies and market influences.
• Manage day to day project activities to ensure progress as planned.
• Monitor implementation of safety requirements.
• Responsible for the regular updates of budget and capital needs forecast.
• Coordinates weekly internal meetings with extended project team.
• Participate in negotiations and contracting of the balance of plant construction contracts.
• Establish contract compliance tracker for all major agreements, including permits, interconnection, and off-take.
• Administer key project contracts including the balance of plant, high voltage, owner supply equipment, offtake, and interconnection agreements.
• Support change management and claims negotiation under BOP construction and owner furnish equipment contracts.
• Works in partnership with Development department to assure a seamless transition into the implementation phase.
• Coordinate with Asset Management in the transition and turnover of the projects to Operations at commercial operation
• Review invoices and provide recommendations for payment.
• Provide weekly and monthly reporting to internal management and external stakeholders.
• Coordinate project mobilization/demobilization, OFE logistics and materials management, QA/QC, schedule, and health &safety with construction management team
• Manage and coordinate change management reviews of scope and costs with construction and engineering teams
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field preferred…MBA also a plus.
• Self-motivated individual committed to the project success
• Ideal candidate will have a proven experience with grid scale renewable power plants
• Ability to manage multiple tasks within the project and multiple projects from conception to completion.
• Experienced with risk management and mitigations
• Experience with supporting negotiation of renewable construction contracts is preferred.
Our client is a renewable energy company focused on developing, owning, and operating utility-scale wind, geothermal, and solar generation. The company owns 976 MWs (net equity) of wind, geothermal and solar generating capacity in operation across 25 renewable power facilities throughout the Western United States with a focus on the California marketplace. The company’s subsidiaries are responsible for the operation and maintenance of over 2,000 MWs of renewable projects. Their operating portfolio is one of the largest renewable businesses in the United States. Our client continues to expand operations in renewable generation through a combination of acquisitions of operating projects, development of new projects and partnering on mid and late-stage development opportunities