Position ID: # EB-3258342335
Date Posted: 2/2/2023 8:59:41 AM
Location: Charlotte, NC
Salary: $80,000 - $95,000
Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Title: Site Supervisor Development Program
Location: Live Anywhere in Eastern US – Work onsite at projects nationally
Shift: Mon-Fri, days (may require Saturdays depending on project schedule)
Compensation: $80-95K+ Base Salary depending on experience, plus performance pay based on project and company profitability.
• Per diems based on individual project locations.
• Total annual compensation can exceed $100K annually.
Benefits: Excellent benefits package available with most medical premiums covered by the company.
Travel: Typically, 3 weeks onsite followed by a long weekend (5 days home)
Vaccine Requirement: None
This position is designed for you to learn all aspects of solar and/or wind farm construction, for you to then be assigned as Site Manager for future projects. As the Site Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the construction of solar or wind farm projects. It will be your responsibility to establish work schedules, manage subcontractors as appropriate, assign proper crews and trades to a project, ensure proper tools and materials are available when and where needed, and review designs with engineering to ensure the project is built according to design. Duties may include, but will not be limited to:
• Aligning individual and team objectives to department and company objectives;
• Managing and supporting employee development and growth;
• Sets up initial layout and site infrastructure services to include water, power, internet and office trailers and required facilities.
• Schedules and ensures appropriate staffing for daily construction activities with employees and sub-contractors.
• Ensures construction disciplines are coordinating daily functions to minimize schedule delays.
• Identifies potential schedule changes, workflow and staffing issues.
• Shut down a construction site when conditions warrant it, such as weather or safety.
• Performs site investigation for potential construction sites.
• Recommends and evaluates sub-contractors for use on project.
• Daily monitoring of the construction site to oversee work in progress.
• Acts as the primary on-site leader and manages execution teams, including all subcontractors, on assigned projects.
• Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and/or scheduling changes.
• Manages and develops a viable long-term relationship with customers, consultants, prime contractors and subcontractors. Attends job safety, plan of the day, quality, security and progress meetings as required.
• Ensures project document controls are in compliance with contract requirements
The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in learning and growing in the renewable energies field while possessing solid experience with managing projects along with an aptitude to learn the mechanical, electrical, and civil aspects of energy farm construction. You will also need strong communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships. Excellent decision making skills, especially under pressure will help you excel, as will a constant focus on safety and experience managing in a stressful environment. You must also have a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel as explained above.