Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Lead iOS Developer
Position Description: Lead iOS Developer
• Ability to perform in a team environment
• Liaise with the Product development team to plan new features, gather requirements, and suggest solutions.
• Acquire and interpret business requirements, creates a functional specification, and determine the most efficient/appropriate technologies.
• Research and implement new interface development techniques.
• Submit and review technical and process improvement recommendations as a member of the technical leadership team.
• Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release, and support)
• Ability to work with new technologies while showing drive, versatility, adaptability, and creative thinking.
• Establish development best practices and growth of mobile applications standards.
• Foster a culture of innovation and out-of-the-box thinking.
• Manage and prioritize workload between project and maintenance tasks.
• Maintain and modify mobile applications; make approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
• Participate proactively in researching, developing, and maintaining team standards, documentation, tools, and best practices
• Provide support for critical mobile application problems and issues.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
• Train and teach other developers.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelors degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience Required
• 8+ years of IT experience working on all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
• 5+ years professional experience in architecting, designing, and developing highly scalable native iOS applications (Obj-C OK but at least two years of Swift) that have been released in the App Store.
• 3+ years’ experience working with customers to build and formulate business requirements.
• Experience working in at least two different native iOS apps of at least medium complexity.
• Broad familiarity with iOS development platforms, such as CoreLocation, Push, CoreGraphics
• Deep understanding of pros, cons, and how-to of developing UI in Storyboards vs code.
• Deep understanding of and experience with asynchronous coding with both GCD and OperationQueues (bonus points for experience with Combine) especially as it relates to REST-ful interfaces and large & complex data sets.
• Deep understanding of complexities, design consequences, and implementation of local storage of large amounts of frequently changing web-sourced data.
• Strong expertise with CocoaPods, Carthage, and/or Swift Package Manager.
• Experience with automated deployments of mobile apps as well as continuous integration.
• Experience with user experience and rapid prototyping
• Working knowledge of API data feeds, ingestion techniques, data mapping, data modeling, and best practices for object-oriented design patterns.
• Highly skilled in the use of git source code control
• Strong working knowledge of beta testing services
• Experience collaborating with Product Managers and Product Owners to highlight both risks and opportunities with regards to features and the iOS platform.
• Experience working as part of an enterprise IT team, interfacing with developers, designers, web engineers, and external agencies or partners.
• Prior experience in a leadership role and/or a mentoring capacity
• 2+ years experience working as part of an enterprise IT team
• Experience with SwiftUI