Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
• Title: Journeyman Electrician
• Location: St. Paul, MN
• Shift: 2nd and 3rd shift openings, Monday through Friday.
• Travel: no travel
• Compensation: $41.20/HR + OT
o Bonuses/Additional Compensation: $1,600 sign-on bonus
• Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental and life insurance, 401K with a company match, paid PTO and paid Holidays
• Vaccine Requirement: No
• Design, program, repair, and maintain programmable logic controller (PLC) systems used within bottling/processing facilities.
• Inspect equipment for proper functioning and performs preventative maintenance on PLC systems per manufacturer's specifications.
• Support repairs and installations on PLC systems for other advanced production/manufacturing equipment.
• Mentor and provide support to less experienced technicians.
• Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and makes more complicated repairs or adjustments as needed.
• Perform breakdown analysis
• Oversee or perform general house keeping
• Upgrade production lines with new/upgraded equipment/technology
• Direct activities of outside contractors working on assigned line
• Change line for package changeovers
• Enforce GMP, safety, and audit standards
• Work independently under limited supervision (self-management)
• Documentation of work schedule and work tasks completed
• Pass technical assessment addressing job-critical maintenance knowledge areas
• Experience with basic electrical systems (e.g., starters, fuses, contacts, relays).
• Experience with electrical systems (installation, frequency drive, troubleshooting)
• Experience with electronics (e.g., level probes, flow meters, drives/VFDs, etc.).
• Experience with PLC (e.g., industrial maintenance, computer control systems, etc.).
• Experience with product manuals (e.g., reading and applying knowledge to make repairs).
• Experience with schematics (e.g., electrical blueprints with switches, starters, maps, relays).
• Experience with troubleshooting (e.g., diagnostics, problem solving, etc.).
• Continuous work near heat, noise, gas, and chemicals.
• Frequent lifting, climbing, standing, walking, crouching, squatting, bending and kneeling.
• Experience with mechanical systems (e.g., gear boxes, chains, sprockets, motors, seals, bearings).
• Experience with compressors/ammonia systems (e.g., refrigeration systems).
• Experience with conveyers and airveyors (air cylinders, diverters, sensors, motor/speed controls).
• Experience with gearing and gear boxes (rebuilds, ordering parts, machining parts).
• Experience with hydraulic systems (high pressure cylinders, pumps, valves, troubleshooting).
• Experience with kinematics (e.g., line speed/sprocket size ratios, etc.). Review rating instructions.
• Experience with packaging/high speed production (e.g., bottling, consumer products, etc.).
• Experience with pneumatics (solenoids, cylinders, motor brakes, reading, troubleshooting).
• Experience with pneumatics/air compression (e.g., valves, cylinders, etc.).
• Experience with preventative maintenance (computerized preventative charts/data).
• Experience with pumps (e.g., troubleshooting, replacing seals/motors, understanding specs).
• Experience with SERVO (e.g., intelligent/robotic motors, in-coders, etc.).
• Experience with troubleshooting mechanical breakdowns (pinpointing and fixing breakdowns).
• Experience with reading mechanical drawings (e.g., hydraulics, pneumatics)
• Experience working in team-based environments (working together with others).