DescriptionGo to end ⇓
• Title: System Integration Engineer
• Location: Remote (prefer locations in Central or Eastern Time Zones, but the Hiring Manager is fine with Western U.S. candidates that understand that their hours will need to support more Eastern U.S. customers)
• Shift: Traditional Day Shift
• Compensation: $90k – 135k base, plus Bonus Plan
• Benefits: Company’s benefits are aimed at supporting the diverse needs of their workforce and making a difference for you at work, at home, and in your future. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits and resources for:
• Your health: A choice of medical and dental options (with free preventive care), vision coverage, telehealth services, free test supplies, tools, and support to help manage diabetes, healthcare decision support and advocacy, personal health care consultants, and critical illness and hospital insurance
• Your family: Paid parental leave when you welcome a new child into your family, backup child and adult dependent care, programs for children with special needs, an adoption assistance program, and healthy pregnancy services and resources
• Your money: Pension Plan, Health Savings Account (HSA), Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, life, accident, and disability insurance, group legal coverage, and more
• Your lifestyle: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), educational assistance, flexible work arrangements, paid time off, and a variety of discount programs
• Perks: All travel perks are yours to use for personal use (rental car, hotel points, frequent flyer miles, etc.)
• Travel: Travel may range from 10% – 20%, overnight travel for training and occasional customer site visits.
• Vaccinations: Upon hire must provide proof of and maintain current immunizations and obtain additional immunizations appropriate for the facility which enables access to customer sites in order to perform essential job functions. Proofs must include Hepatitis B, Influenza (current year), MMR (mumps, measles, rubella), Varicella (chicken pox) Annual TB/PPD (skin test), Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis, and COVID-19.
In this role you will build, test, customize, tackle, and implement sophisticated relational databases, client-server software applications, third-party firmware, servers, computer workstations, and secure computer networks. Responsibilities also include gathering requirements through the review of statements of work (SOWs) and interacting with the implementation team; configuring software per requirements; developing and implementing test plans to ensure software functionality; and delivering defect-free systems. Additionally, the Systems Integration Engineer will perform change control, planning/scheduling, project documentation, issue resolution, and postmortem analysis. Key responsibilities include:
• Work with multi-functional teams such as software development and implementation to configure and remotely deploy the company’s Central RX software per driven project SOW.
• Develop and implement test plans to ensure system functionality and quality (defect-free).
• Review project designs and customer’s business model and workflow with the assigned project manager and identify standard versus custom software/IT configuration requirements; and bring together and communicate computer software, hardware, and network requirements for the project.
• In collaboration with software development, build and own standard deployment configurations, code, scripts, timelines, and methodologies.
• Work with software development to coordinate project-specific software design and custom engineering activities.
• Build or assist in building server solutions, workstation computers, and secure systems networks per the requirements of the project.
• Install, configure, tune, and tackle Microsoft SQL Database Management Systems (DBMS); build, configure, customize, and troubleshoot the automation software database; and make database modifications.
• Install, configure, and fix the proprietary software suite and runtime library components; assist control engineers with solving automation devices that interface with software.
• Install, configure, and solve third-party firmware, network devices, scanners, labelers, and other peripherals.
• Coordinate Host Interface (HL7, TCP, Print-Parser, Serial, XML etc.) configuration, development, and testing activities.
• Develop test plans and conduct in-house project testing of the system.
• Provide feedback and communicate issues, product improvements opportunities, and field changes to the Engineering and Service teams.
• Participate in system design/performance evaluations and assist in technical design effort.
• BA/BS degree in computer science, information systems, software engineering, industrial engineering, or electrical engineering. An equivalent number of years of practical, hands-on experience will be considered in lieu of the bachelor’s degree.
• 5+ years of multifaceted, hands-on experience in one or more of the following proficiency areas: systems integration, systems analysis, database programming, software project management, software design, development, and/or engineering; coordinated software systems.
• Showed talent with software/database: XML, MS SQL, Oracle.
• Conceptual knowledge of virtualization, HA, FT, and basic networking principles (VLAN, subnetting, ACLs, Firewalls, etc.)
• Solid understanding of database administration tools such as SQL Mgmt. Studio, PL/SQL.
• Hands-on experience with scripting/scripting languages, Visual Studio, .NET framework, ASP, SQL Server, OS/Networking, Windows 7, Windows 10, RAID, Server 2016, and/or SQL Server 2016.
• Ability to set up domains, VLANs, Active Directory, and DNS.
• Experience with industrial automation (Robotics, PLCs) is a plus.
• Prior experience with pharmacy automation experience is a plus.
• The Hiring Manager highly values Military Veteran candidates for this position. He is looking for “well-rounded information systems/technology” candidates who can “make things happen” and who can “figure things out” when the course of action is not 100% clear.