Position ID: # EB-5097151715
Date Posted: 7/1/2022 1:00:00 PM
Location: Canton, NC
Salary: $83,000 - $104,000
Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Early Career Health and Safety Process Engineer
Location: Canton, North Carolina
Salary: $83,600 - $104,500
Travel: Travel, as required, to other locations, conferences, and regulatory meetings. Typical travel is anticipated 5% - 10%.
Benefits: Offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401k with company match, and a stock purchase plan plus other compensation benefit.
Position Description: Early Career Health and Safety Process Engineer
This position provides Safety & Health technical consulting support and leadership to the Canton Mill, to ensure sustainable compliance and eliminate/decrease the frequency and severity of occupational injuries and illnesses.
• Provide leadership to help in the development, implementation and maintenance of procedures and programs designed to create a Zero Injury Culture.
• Plans and implements safety procedures and permits in compliance with local, state, and federal
• Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations
• Support to the Hazard Recognition & Control Processes that identify and control physical hazards through on-site inspections
• Prepares studies and analyses of industrial accident causes and hazards to health for use by company
• personnel and outside agencies
• Inspects organization facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where indicated, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented
• Lead the investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations
• Provides tactical oversight of specific programs such as Mobile Equipment, Lock Out Tag Out, incident investigation, risk assessment and required medical surveillance programs
• Keeps current on specific requirements imposed by governmental agencies through review of the current and/or proposed statutes, regulations, licenses, and permits
• Maintains a working knowledge on the scientific and technical aspects of various regulatory requirements and how they may impact the sites
• Understand the pulp/paper manufacturing process and the ability to implement improvements in both safety and manufacturing.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, or similar technical discipline required.
• Preferred amount of experience: 6 months to 3 years EHS/heavy industry experience. Industrial Hygiene experience a plus.
• Planning and implementing Health & Safety programs in a manufacturing environment
• Experience with regulatory compliance, incident investigation, and safety engineering
Vaccine Requirement: None