Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Title: Industrial Project Manager – Water/Wastewater, Oil & Gas or Chemicals/Manufacturing
Location: Water/Wastewater PM can be based out of any of company’s U.S. offices. Oil & Gas and Chemicals PM ideally based out of Houston, TX.
Shift: M-F Hybrid work schedule preferred, but can be Remote, with occasional travel to company’s office and client offices.
Compensation: $150k-175K Base Salary (or more), depending on experience and location, plus Bonus.
Benefits: offers some of the most competitive and comprehensive benefits in the industry:
• Medical, Dental, Vision plans, Short and Long Term Disability plans, Wellness Program.
• 401(k) Plan with match, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Assistance, Adoption Assistance and Commuter Program.
• Life and Accident Insurance plan, Auto and Home Insurance plan, Business Travel Insurance plan.
• Paid Time Off, Flexible Work Options, Employee Assistance Program.
Travel: Able to travel approximately 10% of the time.
Vaccine Requirement: No corporate vaccine policy.
Our client is seeking a Senior Project Manager with previous experience managing small to large Consulting, Design and Design-Build industrial Water/Wastewater, Oil & Gas and/or Chemical projects. As part of their Industrial Division, you will contribute to their mission by leading and managing projects (Typical project sizes vary – typically in the $500K-$10M range) with Oil & Gas, Chemical, Food & Beverage, Metals & Mining, Utility, Manufacturing and other Commercial clients.
• Manage multiple large complex engineering projects from early concept development through detailed design and construction
• Serve as a mentor and leader of multi-discipline project teams
• Perform technical problem solving
• Lead and manage multi-discipline teams
• Perform guidance and review at the project level, assuring discipline and quality standards are adhered to
• Lead proposal teams and develop project approaches that lead to project wins
• Apply experience and innovation to solve problems of high complexity in area of expertise
• Effectively work with lead practitioners, quality managers, and key technical specialists
• Prepare and monitor project budgets and schedules in conjunction with assisting in negotiation of contracts and amendments
• Identify opportunities with existing clients, particularly by expanding service offerings
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field
• 10+ years of related experience
• PE license preferred (required for Sr PM)
• PMP (PMI), CCM or DBIA certification is required within 12 months of hire
• Experience managing project scope, schedule and budgets - working with project management methodology including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices.
• In-depth knowledge of project goals, drivers, strategies, risks and opportunities.
• Good interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients.
• Excellent communication, networking and team building skills.
• Previous experience working directly with clients
• Ability to interact with many people and process a large volume of requests as necessary.
• Strong organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
• Professional Engineering (PE) license, strongly preferred.
• Master’s degree.
• Bachelor's degree in civil, environmental, or chemical engineering, or related degree.
• For Oil & Gas/Chemicals PM in Houston – Texas regulatory experience interacting with TCEQ, BLM and TRRC
• Experience managing facilities infrastructure and/or environmental projects for Industrial water/wastewater, Oil & Gas or Chemicals clients.
• Experience leading and managing high-tech expansion projects including data centers, semiconductor, etc.
• Proven experience managing preparation of engineering design packages for construction.
Our client is a global privately owned engineering and construction firm providing legendary client service and smart solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy, and facilities. In 1947, the company was founded with a commitment to maintain the constant pursuit of excellence, placing responsibility to their clients second only to responsibility to the public. By staying true to this promise for 75 years, they’ve forged tremendous, long-standing relationships, believing responsiveness is the foundation of serving their clients. With the power of independence, they make decisions based on what’s best for their clients and their employees, not outside investors.
Client Solutions - Industry: and stay competitive.
The company’s integrated design and construction teams understand the many pressures their clients face—getting to market quickly, improving operations, achieving compliance—and provide the right water, environmental and facility solutions to help them achieve their goals and stay competitive. Their industrial team provides full-service solutions—process engineering and plant betterment, facilities and infrastructure improvements, comprehensive environmental and water services, and various specialty offerings—to various industries. This allows their team to take sole responsibility for project delivery, from initial concept development through design, construction, commissioning and O&M. Their Industrial Division is experiencing tremendous growth with significant growth expected for at least the next 3-5 years in the primary markets they serve and solutions they deliver:
• Chemicals - manage environmental, infrastructure and capacity expansion challenges cost-effectively, responsibly, and sustainably with creative strategies that support competitiveness, growth, and profitability.
• Food & Beverage - sustainable solutions for energy, water conservation, wastewater treatment/reuse and waste reduction that improve operational efficiencies, manage water use, replace aging infrastructure and enhance environmental stewardship.
• Industrial Manufacturing - balance-of-plant design and construction for new facilities and facility expansions, risk reduction, remediation, and site closure, waste management and discharge, injury reduction and operation improvements or air/greenhouse gas emission consulting.
• Metals & Mining – decades of experience planning and permitting, design, construction, commissioning, operations and closure.
• Oil & Gas - safe and responsible exploration, development, production, refining and transportation of hydrocarbon resources. A leader in water, they emphasize resource management from sourcing and footprinting through treatment for reuse or discharge. They help operators reduce operating costs and manage risks while supporting infrastructure development, operations, and restoration.
• Power & Renewable Energy - address the environmental challenges with balance of plant design, all types of renewable energy, energy conversion and transmission, feasibility studies, innovative process modifications, site planning and development and site closure.
Our client is an employee-owned organization, and people want to work with our client because they care about their people. The company stands out among Engineering and Design companies – they 100% embrace technology and innovation, and their project sizes are large enough and small enough to innovate in a meaningful way. For example, they recently helped a Dairy Farm with capturing methane gas to produce Renewable Natural Gas – they used AI, Machine Learning and Digital Twin technology to observe, monitor, control assets and optimize RNG production. As well, they are incredibly growth-minded, while not all about selling hours for dollars - they plan to become a $3B company, with much of that growth coming from the Industrial Services Division.
Our client attracts the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. They strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. They provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that their employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of their clients.
They are looking for high-caliber, highly experienced leaders who are hungry and motivated to grow the Industrial Division. There is tremendous opportunity to advance professionally within the company.