Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Central Facilities Area Maintenance Manager
Location: Canton, NC
Salary: $125k-$140k + bonus
Benefits: Offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401k with company match, and a stock purchase plan plus other compensation benefits.
Position Description: Central Facilities Area Maintenance Manager
This position will have direct management responsibility over all facilities and central shops managers and support all areas for the Canton location. They are accountable for all facilities maintenance functions for the Canton Mill and indirect unionized employees. The ideal candidate will be technically oriented; a strong environmental steward who works well with people at all levels in the organization and is an individual who is promotable to higher management positions within the organization. The ideal candidate has at least 10 years of plant or facilities maintenance experience.
• Manage and provide direction for the activities of unionized and salary employees to meet facilities goals while balancing quality, productivity, performance, cost, safety, environmental, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas.
• This position is a leader in the organization with accountability for facilities strategic and forward thinking skills that will contribute to the overall performance in the Mill.
• Communicates to all levels of the organization as needed.
• Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills. Has the ability to actively listen and provide feedback to others.
• Drives employee training and provides tools to meet or exceed departmental goals and objectives.
• Resolves employee issues by utilizing problem solving skills while considering multiple sources, such as contract language and future business direction. Addresses issues impacting performance expeditiously getting outside resources involved as needed.
• Promote a safety culture and administer accountability for unsafe behaviors. Ensure supervisors drive safety within their shifts and crews.
• Works with other department leaders and direct reports to promote team work among crew and peers. Monitors and manages the development of the Employees in the area.
• Manage multiple projects to effectively meet deadlines.
• Support multiple policies and contract initiatives such as snow removal, landscaping and roofing maintenance.
• Able to manage fire systems and support annual inspections and repairs.
• Able to identify opportunities for cost reduction in central shops and facilities initiatives.
• Able to manage a multi-million dollar budget for the canton mill.
• Coordinate repairs with the town of canton as needed.
• For all new projects candidates will ensure that engineering principles such as DFR (design for reliability), PSSR (Pre-Start up Safety Review) and others are used and followed.
• Perform periodic review for various parts of the plant of their preventative maintenance programs and service agreements related to infrastructure equipment, assuring that plant facilities and production equipment are properly maintained.
• At times may be responsible for CIP submissions and coordination of capital activities.
• Acts as internal consultant providing technical guidance on the most complex projects and problems by applying creativity, innovation, tools, methods, and techniques integrated with technical insights, knowledge and experience to form conclusions and resolutions.
• BS degree in engineering preferred, with 8+ years of applicable experience in engineering field with demonstrated project and process management skills OR 15+ years of equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience managing others
• Experience in Paper Industry is preferred
• Strong communication (written and verbal), interpersonal skills and negotiation skills required.
• Experience managing budgets is required.
• Experience in a union environment preferred.
• Experience managing and developing salaried employees required.
• Experienced in Excel, Word & Microsoft Project
• Experienced user of AutoCAD is a plus.
• Experience with SAP is a plus.
• Previous hands-on experience working with any or all of infrastructure equipment listed above is desired. Familiarity working within manufacturing environment and with process equipment also desired.
• Ability to analyze and problem solve various technical related issues.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and establish priorities using good project management techniques
• Other technical undergraduate degrees will be considered when combined with job experience relevant to the job requirements
Vaccine Requirement: None