Position ID: # EB-1601741349
Date Posted: 4/15/2022 5:22:06 PM
Location: West Des Moines, IA
Salary: $80,000 - $100,000
Job DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Orion Talent, the nation’s largest military recruiting firm, is currently recruiting transitioning or former military professionals for Project Manager
Location: Des Moines, IA
Position Description: Project Manager
The Project Manager is a front line position with our clients with full responsibility and accountability to oversee the reconstruction of an owner’s facility to its pre-loss condition.
• Associates or College Degree in construction field preferred
• 10 years construction project experience showing continued increase in responsibility and span of control.
• Other leadership experience in related disciplines such as project management or logistics will be reviewed as an applicable substitute at the sole discretion of the company.
• Must be capable to travel to project sites located throughout the United States via airlines and passenger vehicles.
• Must be capable to be on feet, walking and climbing around the project site inspecting the work for 8-10 hours at a time.
• Vision and dexterity must be acceptable to work on a laptop computer, tablet or smartphone.
• Must be able to lift 75lbs.
• Must be licensed to drive a company vehicle.
• Position entails being away from place of residence for 2 weeks at a time (e.g. travel to project on a Sunday night or Monday morning, at project location the next weekend, and then return home the following Thursday evening or Friday morning).
• Company pays all travel costs (per company travel policy) including a weekly per diem for food and incidentals.
• Construction sequencing & means and methods
• Subcontractor procurement and bidding
• Project Management
• Cost Projecting/Value Analysis
• OSHA and Project Safety
• Computer literate including MS Office
• Detail Oriented
• Building Materials
• Industry Standards
• Building Codes
• Blueprint reading
• Full understanding of the project scope of Loss, & use this Scope of Loss to determine the work.
• Establish bid scopes of work for competitive subcontractor pricing.
• Assemble “Pre-Bid” packages and timely solicitation of bids, contract & purchase order buyout, and written subcontracts in place.
• Scheduling of the project on an overall basis and 2 week rolling interval basis.
• Cost & budget management and control to insure the best possible outcome.
• Coordination and supervision of all subcontractor’s and professional consultants.
• Coordinate with local and state authorities having jurisdiction.
• Project constructed in a quality manner to meet the documents, specifications, and product requirements.
• Proper file documentation through company systems to allow all parties access to information even when away from the office. Files shall be organized in a manner that the information can be found and reviewed at a later date and understandable by others not involved previously with loss.
• Project delivered per the agreed upon project schedule as amended throughout construction.
• Project completed 100% without loose ends including closeout documents.
• Communication with Key Relationships is frequent and transparent.
• Issues that come up during the project are identified, owned and resolved.
• Safety including creation of the initial site specific safety plan, modifications as required, and enforcement of all safety requirements, and resolution of any violations in order to remove the hazard.
• The project is always clean and safe.
• Accident free project.