DescriptionGo to end ⇓
Position Details: Field Application Engineer
• Location: San Jose, CA
• Shift or Travel: Hybrid -office and customer sites, 25% travel (mostly car), Mon-Fri 8-5
• Compensation: $140k-$160k 20% salary bonus quarterly + 20% accelerated for annual
• o Bonuses/Additional Compensation:
• Benefits: Health insurance, Paid time off, Dental insurance, Vision insurance
• Vaccine Requirement: No
• Relocation: Open to supporting
• Ability to sponsor visa
• Initiate, facilitate, and drive various business problem-solving and process re-engineering projects in collaboration with innovative and leading tech clients
• Generate and manage leads on technical requirements from various sources and with potential customers
• Serve as the liaison between the customer and their engineering department and will develop and coordinate the strategic plans for new product concepts and all associated product testing
• Conduct product and technical training for our Customers, Reps, and Distributors
• Make recommendations to improve products, processes, and performance
• Independently utilize engineering principles, training and knowledge in the execution of duties with emphasis on mechanical problem solving.
• As the "voice of the customer" for assigned accounts with our PEM, Atlas, and S.I. products you will manage long term data driven projects. Produce new fastener applications and adoptions.
• Maintain a high level of technical competency in all areas relating to designing special products that meet the needs of our customers. This may include metal forming and cutting, plastic molding and assembly. Computer literacy is required to utilize quoting, CAD, and Pro E system tools.
• Maintain a high level of awareness in Manufacturing, Quality, NPD, Sales and Marketing disciplines relating to new customer applications.
• High visibility through the efforts to coordinate and collaborate with various functions including but not limited to Sales and Marketing, New Product Development, Manufacturing and Engineering just to name a few of the great teams you will interact with the
• You will also spend your time: Developing Special quotations, Conducting Product/Technical Presentations, Reviewing designs with Engineering and Manufacturing for approval/suggestions, Creating Pro E drawings, Coordinating application testing/specs with Company and the customer, rep or distributor, Product design and performing engineering function when needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology required
• Must have 5-10 years of manufacturing experience
• Must be able to demonstrate the ability to coordinate engineering activities within a sales and marketing function. 3-4 years of experience preferred.
• Effective communication skills including the ability to make presentations internally and externally is necessary. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and maintain professionalism in all interactions with customers and internal teams.
• Proven project leadership ability.
• Successful record of completing Sales / Marketing or Engineering assignments.
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Key to successful interview is to bring passion and drive to this position.