#WhyWait? - Start Your Career Search Now
One of the first questions to cross a veteran's mind when they consider transitioning to the civilian world is when to begin the career search. Many veterans wait until a few months before they separate or retire. But, in most cases, the right answer is that it is never too early to start working with a military recruiting firm to find your civilian career.
Our data shows that of the JMOs who began working with Orion while they were on Active Duty, 53% accepted a position prior to their availability date. But, never fear, it’s never too late either. Our candidates that do not accept a position in advance of transitioning, still ultimately accept a position within an average of 16 days from their availability date.
We hear from many of our alumni that they wish they had contacted us sooner. Some found careers on their own but ended up utilizing our services later, while some waited until they were already separated and experienced a gap in employment.
Take this former Navy Nuclear Electrician's Mate: “Orion is exceptional at what they do – preparing military members for their post military career. I am proud to be able to call myself an Orion Success Story. If I could go back and do it again, I would have called sooner. Thank you, Orion!”
And he’s not the only one:
No matter how far out you are from your transition, it is never too early to start planning for your civilian career. Orion has resources for you for every step of the process.
Regardless of how far out you are, now is the perfect time to:
- Create a job seeker account on Orion’s website.
- Meet a recruiter in person or virtually at a base visit.
- Schedule a phone screen with an Orion Candidate Recruiter
- Begin your professional reading using our suggested reading list.
- Subscribe to The Hunter, Orion's monthly e-newsletter for military job seekers.
- Begin listening to Orion's From the Battlefield to the Boardroom Podcast, with episodes dedicated to supporting military job seekers throughout their transition process.
So, #whywait? Your new career could be right around the corner, but you won’t know if you don’t contact us. Be proactive and get on the path to a new civilian career today!