6 Ways to Celebrate Employee Appreciation Day
Your employees work hard to drive your bottom line, represent your company, and affect change, so why not celebrate them? Today is Employee Appreciation Day and we have gathered six ways to show your appreciation:
1. AllBusiness.com author Jon Forknell suggests “Feel Good Days”. This could mean anything from a pizza party to a Secret Santa, really anything that boosts morale. Why limit appreciation to March 2? Implement a few of these a month.
2. Jane Brown recommends creating a great break room or revamping your existing one for your employees, complete with food, coffee, and a place to decompress for a few minutes. You could have the grand opening on March 2 and possibly provide lunch.
3. Consider giving a recommendation on LinkedIn for a direct report who has gone the extra mile.
4. Organize an outdoor team-building activity like a timely Office Olympics or a game show type event.
5. Give your employees an extra company t-shirt or ball cap? Offering employees free company apparel and other logo merchandise can be a simple, inexpensive way to say, ‘thank you’.
6. Perhaps most importantly, recognize your team members as individuals. To boost team morale, it’s great to do something for your entire team, but remember to give out specific praise to individual employees.
Saying ‘Thank you!” to your employees is a win-win. Your employees feel appreciated while retention and dedication is increased. Make sure to celebrate Employee Appreciation Day in your office today!