Job Ref: # EB-1804613966
Date Posted: 11/29/2023 12:01:16 PM
City, State: San Diego, CA
Salary: $90,000 - $125,000
Job DescriptionPosition Details:
• Title: Field Integration Engineer
• Location: Remote (must live near a major airport)
• Shift: Traditional Day Shift
• Compensation: $90k – 125k base, plus Bonus Plan
• Benefits: Company benefits are aimed at supporting the diverse needs of their workforce and making a difference for you at work, at home, and in your future. Depending on your location, we offer a range of benefits and resources for:
• Your health: A choice of medical and dental options (with free preventive care), vision coverage, telehealth services, free test supplies, tools, and support to help manage diabetes, healthcare decision support and advocacy, personal health care consultants, and critical illness and hospital insurance
• Your family: Paid parental leave when you welcome a new child into your family, backup child and adult dependent care, programs for children with special needs, an adoption assistance program, and healthy pregnancy services and resources
• Your money: Pension Plan, Health Savings Account (HSA), Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, life, accident, and disability insurance, group legal coverage, and more
• Your lifestyle: Employee Assistance Program (EAP), educational assistance, flexible work arrangements, paid time off, and a variety of discount programs
• Perks: All travel perks are yours to use for personal use (rental car, hotel points, frequent flyer miles, etc.)
• Travel: Travel may range from 40 – 50% overnight for training and customer project site visits.
• Vaccinations: Upon hire must provide proof of and maintain current immunizations and obtain additional immunizations appropriate for the facility which enables access to customer sites in order to perform essential job functions. Proofs must include Hepatitis B, Influenza (current year), MMR (mumps, measles, rubella), Varicella (chicken pox) Annual TB/PPD (skin test), Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis, and COVID-19.
In this role you will test, customize, troubleshoot, and commission conveyor-based hardware & controls systems integrated with complex relational databases, client-server software applications, third-party firmware, servers, computer workstations, and secure computer networks. Responsibilities also include review of statements of work (SOWs) and interacting with the implementation team; developing and executing test plans to ensure hardware & software functionality; and delivering defect-free systems. Additionally, the field integration engineer will be involved with project documentation, issue resolution, and postmortem analysis. Key responsibilities include:
• Work with cross-functional teams such as software implementation, software development, hardware implementation & hardware development to configure and test fully integrated systems per executed project SOW.
• Conduct User Acceptance Testing to ensure system functionality and quality (defect-free).
• Review project designs and customer’s business model and workflow with the assigned project manager and identify standard versus custom software/IT configuration requirements.
• Work with software & hardware implementation to oversee project-specific design and custom engineering activities.
• Test, and troubleshoot the proprietary software suite and assist control engineers with troubleshooting automation devices that interface with software & database.
• Provide feedback and communicate issues, product enhancements opportunities, and field changes to the Engineering and Service teams.
• Participate in system design/performance reviews and assist in technical design efforts.
• The Hiring Manager is looking for a well-rounded and very strong technician/engineer that can troubleshoot systems (PLCs, Robotics, Sensors, Software, Networking Troubleshooting).
• Candidates must have some strengths in the area of Computer Hardware (SQL knowledge is a plus / true understanding of database querying is an essential part of the job).
• Candidates with experience doing Final Testing / Commissioning is a strong positive.
• Candidates must be able to “Debug a System” after installation of hardware and software.
• 5+ years of progressive, hands-on experience in one or more of the following competency areas: systems integration, systems analysis, database programming, software project management, software design, development, and/or engineering; integrated software systems
• Conceptual knowledge of basic networking principles (VLAN, subnetting, ACLs, Firewalls, etc.)
• Ability to read & interpret electrical schematics.
• Familiarity with IQ/OQ/PQ fundamentals
• The Hiring Manager highly values Military Veteran candidates for this position. He is looking for “well-rounded systems technology” candidates who can “make things happen” and who can “figure out where a problem is” and communicate to the right company person/team in order to get it fixed. As an example, you don’t need to be able to write a complex code or query from scratch, but you’d have to be able to look at the code and decipher where the problem might be and then coordinate with the company Systems Integration Engineer to get it fixed.